“Boarding Fast Track - Level 3 & 4”
Review of Snozone

Snozone
London, United Kingdom
“Boarding Fast Track - Level 3 & 4”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had great fun on the Boarding Fast Track Level 3 and 4. I had boarded before but had lost my confidence so it was good to go back for a refresher. Tom, the instructor was great. The group only had 6 people in it so we all had a good amount of time from Tom if we needed it. Can't wait to go back - I've got the snowboarding bug!

Visited December 2013
Snozone, Customer Service Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hi Alex

I am really pleased that Tom has helped you get back your confidence to snowboard again.

I know exactly what you mean and having a break in Snowboarding can definitely make you forget the basic techniques which in turn can make snowboarding seem so much more difficult then it actually is! Great idea to have the refresher and we hope to see you snowboarding more often here at Mk now that you have the bug!

All the best

Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“Fast Track - Level 1 & 2”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked the fast track level 1 & 2 lessons for myself and a friend because we are going to Gryon in Switzerland for our first ski trip on boxing day. We wanted to get the basics so we didn't waste any time on the slope. Our instructor, Hal, was spot on. Friendly, polite, patient and a great teacher. We had 6 people in total in our group and everyone grasped the basics fairly quickly so half way through the lesson we had completed everything that covers level 1 & 2. Hal provided us with pointers on each manoeuvre where necessary and it was really useful.

We spent the second part of the lesson mastering the skills we had learnt previously and then doing some more advanced turns etc. At the end of the lesson Hal told each of us what we needed to do next which in most cases was just level 4.

Overall I felt that the lesson was great value and now feel confident for when we hit the slopes for real and couldn't have asked for a more professional instructor. Give that man a pay rise!

Kind regards,

Joel Dear.

Visited December 2013
Snozone, Customer Service Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hi Joel

I am sure you are having an amazing holiday in Switzerland and I am so pleased that Hal was able to kick start your skills and confidence so that you can thoroughly enjoy exploring the mountains.

I highly recommend Ski holidays abroad to customers, friends and family, and it is definitely worth investing in lessons before your trip so that you can make the most of your holiday. If you have caught the bug for ski-ing or snowboarding then it’s a great sociable thing to continue doing throughout the year.

We have lots of coaching sessions to keep advancing your skills if you want to continue learning. We hope to see you on the slopes at MK in the New Year.

Take care

Essex, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Whether you learn quickly or not, a good time is guaranteed. Ultimately weekdays might be less busy if you want free reign of the slopes but still good on any day. Thanks to Barry our instructor, we'll see you soon. Can't wait to come back for level 3 and 4!

Visited December 2013
Snozone, Customer Service Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hi Karen

Thank you for your feedback regarding your lesson with Barry

I hope that you will be lucky enough to get him as your instructor again for your level 3&4! but if not we have many fantastic instructors who will progress you through your levels.

We look forward to hearing how you get on with your level 3&4 fast track lesson, good luck.

Take care

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Fun for Families”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

With Chris being a keen snowboarder (and me just just starting to get into it) we decided to treat little one to a sledging session at Snozone, Milton Keynes, for her seventh birthday as she’s not quite ready for the board yet. But not before buying her a super-cute purple and white snowboarding outfit from Dare2B (I can just imagine her with a snowboard under one arm – cute!). We didn’t let on what we had planned as we are a big fan of surprises. Needless to say, she was completely thrilled when she found out! We brought auntie Rosie and nanny Sally along with us to join in the fun too, so we can safely say Snozone is great fun for all ages! When you get inside, it’s pretty big, but most of the space is reserved for skiiers and snowboarders (and rightly so!). So the sledging slope wasn’t particularly high, but as the lift wasn’t working that day we were actually thankful for that – we may be active but we’re not exactly up for spending half the timeslot traipsing up the slope. Plus I’m pretty clumsy and fall over enough as it is. Once you get going, it’s awesome, but if you get stuck halfway or can’t quite get going, the supervisors are more than happy to give you a shove in the right direction – a regular occurrence with some members of our group. We were soon whizzing along, pulling stupid poses and falling off our sledges. Oh, and plenty of spectacular crashes and the odd snowball fight! There was a photographer on the slope, who caught some fantastic snaps of everyone in action – except me! It is definitely worth mentioning that to guarantee pictures of the whole family, you need to book this in advance to avoid disappointment. During our 45 minute session we got somewhere between 10 and 15 runs in. We shared the slope with roughly 10 other people; there was a little waiting around but not too much and nothing to complain about. Anything else? Proper waterproofs are highly recommended – if you don’t have these then it’s worth hiring them. Sledging with wet socks, freezing fingers and a soggy bum sort of takes the fun out of things! Was it value for money? At £12.99 per child and £15.99 per adult, this really depends on the size of your family. It’s probably not something the average family could afford to do regularly, but a great idea for a birthday or special occasion. Of course, you could spend a little less on the 30 minute session but personally, I don’t think this is long enough.

www.getupgetoutandgodo.wordpress.com/2013/10/13/sledging-at-snozone-mk

Visited October 2013
Hi Roxiecakes

What a wonderful review you have written here on Trip advisor, thank you very much.

We definitely aim to cater for all of our customers with different activities to allow everyone to experience our real snow slope. Families are a key group especially at the weekends so I am glad you felt it was a perfect place to spend this special occasion.

I am sure that your little one looked very cool in her new outfit and it is a great investment when rolling around in the real snow. Now she is seven years old she will be able to follow in Chris's footsteps and begin her snowboard lessons and we even offer an Academy which runs every weekend where she can make lots of friends whilst she learns.

Please do get in touch if this is of interest and equally if Chris is looking to make this a more regular activity for them both then we offer an adult and junior Membership which would save them money if looking to come to the slopes more often.

Thank you again for your kind words and we will hopefully see you all again soon

Many thanks

Brackley, United Kingdom
“Much better than I expected...”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

After a terrible experience trying to book a lesson by phone and only getting a response after sending a rude email (worked a treat!), I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to have a one on one beginners lesson with the glorious Damien for 90 mins, I'm no spring chicken so to be encouraged with full on attention for the whole time was most rewarding and I can't wait to hit the real slopes on Saturday.

Thank you Damien - great lesson. :)

Hi Alice

Damien is a very adaptable and professional instructor and this is great feedback for him. He remembers you specifically and said it was a pleasure teaching you and wishes you a fantastic trip.

I am sorry for the delay you had in getting through to our call centre. This time of the year is incredibly busy for us and we are doing all we can to staff accordingly to make sure that our customers can get booked onto their lessons via phone or online.

I hope we will see you back for some advanced coaching sessions in the near future

Many thanks