“Regular user”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Regular user”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

As a family we regularly use the SNOZONE. The revamp has much improved the seating areas.
The tutors my kids have has over the years have been fantastic. The holiday camp is great.. only drawback is cost, broken down however its a steal. The booking in is still a nightmare, especially at peak times. If you are a SNUK member you get 20% of but cant book in advance.

Visited June 2013
Snozone, Group Commercial Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Lisa B

Thank you for your recent review, it's great to hear that you visit Snozone as a family, and that your children have learnt to ski or snowboard with us. The holiday Snocamps are indeed very popular, and are a great childcare option during the school holidays, whilst giving children fantastic skills for life. We try to keep the price as competitive, and value for money as we can with a great range of activities available across the week.

I would be keen to hear how you normally book, whether it is via the telephone or on-line, especially if you are having problems. Please contact me at elena.kale@snozoneuk.com.

It is vital for us to hear our customer opinions so we can make improvements where necessary. I also understand it takes time to post these reviews so thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back on site in the near future.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Become a bit corporate and soul-less”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The slope is ok and they seem to have a lot more rails and jumps that are available to use sometimes - not sure if they are permanent or just for certain events, which is good but does have some downsides. If the jumps aren't being used then you have to ski round them and this means everyone is being channelled into quite small spaces. They also have large sections being used for sledging.

Bearing in mind that some people are still learning or a bit nervous this channelling can be dangerous or at least a little stressful. For others you may find it just impedes your run, as you have to slow down for the learners negotiating the channels - or as i found sometimes stopped in the channels. If you are a newbie - you may want to ask how much of the slope is available for skiing that day before you book or turn up.

As for the rest of it - A few years ago this was a very cool place to go, however recent changes make the place feel like a bit too corporate and soul-less. Gone are the sofas and the chilled out ski lodge atmosphere, to be replaced with lots more bland dining tables and chairs. They are pushing more over priced food and drinks and seem to be trying to emulate any other bland chain restaurant. This may appeal to some, but personally I won't be spending my money there.

Other little changes are just annoying, like instead of charging for renting over trousers and jackets separately they now can only rent a full set. It feels like someone has looked through the whole operation and is trying to squeeze more money out of every orifice. It is noticeable to customers and it is not pleasant.

When I first came here a few years ago I thought yes this is the sort of place I want to come with my family as often as possible and was happy to spend money. Now I just go in, snowboard, and get out. I can't help thinking an accountant has gone in and frankly made the place a little less colourful and a little more grey.... shame

2 Thank krima2
Dear Krima2

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Snozone. We have freestyle features out every Thursday & Friday night throughout the year, although during the summer season we keep some features out every day, but these are usually sectioned off into one area to ensure there is plenty of main slope available for all users.

I am sorry you feel that the cafe and menu are not as good as in previous years. We have made many improvements in both the quality and content of our food and beverage offering but I would be happy to hear any ideas you have and what you would like to see. Please contact me at elena.kale@snozoneuk.com

We welcome all customer feedback as it is vital for us to know our customers' opinions in order for us to make changes where necessary so thank you again for taking the time to post this review.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Snowboarding lessons going great!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm currently learning to snowboard at Snozone, and finding it very enjoyable. The instructors are all very helpful and friendly, and even with larger groups, managed to spend some time with each student. Our first lesson was a group of 10, most of whom had Groupon vouchers. Since then both lessons have been just me and my wife with the instructor (though there's no guarantee of that, of course), so we've had plenty of personal attention and guidance, and improved quickly.

During and following the first lesson, it was clear how long it would take to become competent, while staying safe and not endangering others. Basically, you'll be doing 4x1 hour lessons (or a whole day, or two 3 hour lessons) before they'll let you loose on the slope unattended, and you may have to repeat lessons if you're not keeping up. Don't be put off though, it does come, and don't worry about leaving a few weeks between lessons - we did, and it all came back very quickly. Just don't expect to learn the whole sport in an hour!

I can't comment on the quality of the snow or the equipment, due to no frame of reference, but all seems fine. My brother has used their main slope in the general sessions, and had a great time.

Visited May 2013
Snozone, Group Commercial Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hi Matt H

Thank you for your recent review following your visit to Snozone. I was delighted to hear of your progress and that our instructors have helped develop both your skills and confidence. Skiing and snowboarding are indeed life skills that once you reach a certain standard, stay with you forever so I hope you will enjoy the benefits of wintersports for many years to come.

All customer feedback is important to us so we can monitor opinions and make improvements where necessary, so thank you once again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you back on site in the near future.

Basingstoke
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Slide and Glide down the ice run”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My kids had been to the snozone before but did sledging. This time they had an ice slide run using donuts.
My kids loved it, it was very fast.
Only problem we had was my kids got tired walking and pulling the donut up to the top again as 30 mins before they had just done 30 mins of indoor rock climbing.
The instructor/attendant did help them after about 6 goes on and off.
I think they should allow adults in for free to help their younger children to take the donut up the hill so they get as many goes as possible during the 30 mins.

Visited May 2013
Snozone, Group Commercial Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear John A

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Snozone, and I'm glad to see your children enjoyed the ice slide, it is certainly a faster alternative to sledging. We are unable to allow adults to go in free unfortunately but I will pass these comments onto the relevant department and make sure that all staff are reminded to assist younger children in getting back to the top of the slide run.

In the meantime we value all customer feedback so we can make sure any issues are addressed and improvements made so thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

In the meantime we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Great Sking Lessons”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My daughter learnt to ski here in a day (not an olypmic winner) but competent enough to ski in the alps. There are also special packages available. For the spectator there isboth a snack bar and a regular bar, both with great views of the slope.

Visited November 2012
Hi Martyn B

Thank you for your recent review following your visit to Snozone, it's great to hear that your daughter learnt to ski with us, and hopefully she is still enjoying the sport and developing her skills.

We value all feedback from our customers, in order for us to make improvements where necessary, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed our apres-ski facilities which offer great views and delicious menus.

We hope to welcome you back into Snozone within the very near future.