“Sledging fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Sledging fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent 30 minutes sledging as a family. Kids aged 7 & 10. We really enjoyed the sledging and it was fun trying out the two different types of sledges. We had some waterproof clothing on but it wasn't enough, would recommend hiring what you don't have. The photographer took a few photos and we managed to get a couple of good ones that are nice and glossy. We didn't eat or drink on the premises but did you use the changing rooms. All in all a fun 30 minutes but quite expensive.

Visited November 2012

northampton
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Great place, great people!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I will be as honest as I can:

I attended the Learn to Ski in a Day course, which for the first 6 or so hours I loved, despite feeling slightly apprehensive about the childrens lessons happening on the training slope (I had expected this as it was school holidays).
There was 6 people on my course, and as with everything some people learnt quicker than others. So the instructor, was trying to divide his time between us, but obviously spent slightly more time with those struggling than those who "seemed" to be getting it.

By about lunch time, my feet were killing me, hire boots are not the most comfy. I had several large blisters and numerous plasters, which one of the guys who worked there had found for us, as I was not the only one.

After lunch, we were all getting tired, but carried on, still from the first level training slope. Getting more and more tired and more and more pain in the legs and feet, which is quite usual.

We started to use the pommel lift and getting off at the 1st level, practising ploughing, turning and controlling speeds etc, and I was starting to feel a little more confident about not hitting the other lesson participants. (up to this point I had only slipped over once, so was quite proud of that).

After our last break of the day we ventured up to the 2nd level training slope, which I just could not get. By this time I was so tired and really was in quite a bit of pain in my feet. But carried on.
This is where it all started to go down hill (excuse the pun!).

My own lack of energy, concentration and confidence just threw me totally and I could not stay on my feet down the slightly steeper slope, and the instructor seemed too tied up with the people who had been struggling all day. Despite this, he sent me off down the main slope and didn't even know that I had wiped out at the bottom in a spectacular fashion, luckily not hurting myself or anyone else.

I started to get more and more frustrated and angry with myself, and at this point, knew I had to stop trying, which the instructor agreed with.
So I left having had my level 3 signed off and Level 4 as a work in progress.

I didn't think much more about it, other than I would return to do an hour lesson at another time.

Two months later, I finally went back, feeling less than confident and out of my comfort zone after the wipe outs I had experienced last time. After spending 1 hour with another instructor and explaining to him that I had lost my confidence, I suddenly got it.
I stayed at the lower level slope to build confidence and the instructor was brilliant.

Looking back, I can now see that although I was "skiing" after the day long session, I wasn't skiing well, and certainly wasn't in control. After the one hour lesson, I was skiing quite well!

I went back the following day, confident and happy and had another lesson with another instructor who again was brilliant, telling me exactly what to do, when & why to do, and what I was doing wrong.
I was feeling much better about the whole experience, and at the first opportunity, followed him up to level 2 on the pommel lift and without thought, skied down it... IN CONTROL!

My advise is although it is slightly more expensive, go for the shorter lessons, either 1 or 3 hours rather than trying to cram it all in in a day. It is too tiring and too much info to take in if you have no idea how to ski.

And I can totally understand how people who have attended the day long course have been put off skiing, as it very nearly did me.

But, I am now signed off to go on the main slope and have been back and happily skied without supervision, and will return again soon.

At the end of the day, you pay for your lessons, so if you are not happy let them know or speak to the instructors. They are good people and I am sure they will be happy to try & help you where they can.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank lesleypt
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“son's 3rd birthday party for 70 people”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had our son's 3rd birthday party 21/10/12. We booked for 70 people. The only nice time we had was the 30 minutes on the ice. All other aspect was hugely dissapointing.
1) I was on my way to Snozone at 2.30pm when I got a call from party host saying we will not be able to access the party room until 4pm. I understand I did not pay for the room but if you think about it guest were asked to arrive 3.30pm to start sledging at 4pm so if the room was only available at 4pm I did not get a change to decorate the room (perhaps in future you should not give this option to your guest)
2) When I arrived I have no idea who was party host, I knew her name but no idea where to find her. I asked 4 people (at reception, at the bar, at the restaurant) finally found her to get my party bags earlier as I had planned to add it to the party box I bought
3) Sledging was on time. I prebooked 1 photo and they did tell us we can buy more photos after the activity. I came to buy pics today (22/10/12) and to only find out there was 3 birthday group photo taken (only 1 that I could see the birthday boy - all other shots can't see him). How disapointing to spend soo much of money and only have 3 group photo and was not allowed to take photos ourselves.
4) We finished slegding at 4.30 and food was suppose to be at 5pm. Food did not arrive until 5.15pm and only brought 1 plate of chips which was not enough for all kids and other kids had to wait for another 5-10 minutes, adult's food arrived 5.20pm, tea and coffee arrived 5.20pm, cakes that we ordered for adults came soo late 1 tray when we paid for 35 and I was told let's see if it finishes we l get more - it never came more and around 5.40pm 2 plates of sponge cake arrived by which point everyone had ate cupcakes that I brought to give them to take home. Few of my guest had gone down to get their own coffee and tea - HUGELY DISSAPOINTING
5) Party host was never in the room I had to keep running aroung looking for her to ask her 'WHERE IS THE FOOD?WHERE IS THE TEA AND COFFEE'. Finally all the children were running around in the party room as they finished meal and 'no desert'. again i ran around looking for party host and asking the restaurant where is the ice cream. ice cream arrives and the 2nd tray had no spoons - again i ran around asking for spoons. the other person helping the party host told me it was his first day and he doesn't know.
6) finally party host stays in the room to cut cake and than she cuts the cake and packs it for me and helps us to carry the cake to the car (well i could have had her other times during all the above). Guest were all leaving and than someone comes with the balloons chasing the guest down. Sigh.

I have always wanted to have a great party for my son. But never again in Snozone.

I can't deny sledging was great fun but I feel if they could have told me that the area is sooo busy on weekend and I needed to share party host with all the rest of the party with 70 people I would have never had my party there.
Party host was managing so many other parties. I know many people come and ask last minute parties but if you could not host a large party you could have told us. Great dissapointment.

Hugely dissapointed.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Anusha S
Peterborough
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Paid for 30 minutes sledging but there were so many people that we only got 2 turns! There was a large group of out of control over excited (unaccompanied kids) too. Staff weren't bothered I had to ask them to stop chucking snow all over my 3 year old. Wish I'd saved my money :(

3 Thank Evil_Ednaa
Canterbury, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great for those bitten by the skiing bug!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I loved this place! I enjoyed my ski trip in jan so much I was getting awful withdrawal symptoms. The Sno!zone is brilliant. Gave me a much needed snow fix!