“Excellent Hotel very hospitable staff, good food”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
UK
“Excellent Hotel very hospitable staff, good food”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Front desk staff on arrival very helpful and friendly. Twin room as booked very nice, clean
well decorated, quiet. Tea and coffee making facilities excellent. The usual shampoo, soaps, body wash in the bathroom.
Dining room staff very helpful food excellent, especially the buffet breakfast. Check out very quick and easy.
Hotel close to Open University, not a lot within walking distance but would recommend it all the same, plenty within a 5 minute drive, shopping and dining, pubs, etc. Great value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2010

In January 2009 I stayed at the Quality Hotel for 3 weeks. I gratefully moved to the Novotel for 7 weeks. On to the Hilton for 9 months and then the Holiday Inn for 8 weeks. The Hilton shone like a beacon. The staff were very friendly and attentive and I was treated as a member of the family. I was extremely sorry that my firm moved me. It truly was a "home from home". The restaurant staff were outstanding and the food was exceptional. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
London
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I usually stay at Holiday Inn hotel whenever I travel as I am a member of their loyalty club, but having had a few poor experiences recently with Holiday Inn I decided not to stay at the Milton Keynes Holiday Inn, but to give the Hilton a try. I booked in for three nights and was very I did.

I find it difficult to fault this hotel. Check in was speedy and efficient and the staff were professional, friendly and helpful. My room was large, clean, modern and very comfortable - I slept better here than I do at home! Room service was great - I never had to wait long for them to answer the phone and the food alway arrived within the estimated time. On the subject of the food, this too was great. I was particularly impressed with the breakfast selection.

The gym was slightly small, but functional - it had everything you'd need for a decent workout.

I only have one small criticism, and it with the firre alarm in the room. It was ridiculously sensitive. I managed to set the alarm off twice during my stay. The first time it was set off by steam rising from the kettle, the second time I set it off was when having a shower with the door slightly ajar. Both times I got a phone call from the staff asking me if everything was OK in the room and to open my window to stop the alarm sounding.

Other than that though, I loved this hotel. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Milton Keynes with my husband and two young children to attend a family wedding. I was traveling from the U.S. and chose this hotel as I needed a hotel in close proximity to Woburn Sands. I felt the Hilton Milton Keynes got the job done in providing a basic, clean hotel that was family friendly. Keep in mind this is a business hotel so it doesn't offer a lot of frills or fancy amenities.

Now, after reading some of the less than positive reviews on the Hilton MK on Trip Advisor, I was not expecting much from this hotel. In actuality, I felt the hotel exceeded my expectations. We booked a junior queen suite which comfortably slept a family of four. The room was very spacious and was a "deluxe" room which was one of the recently renovated rooms in the hotel. The beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water, and the hotel staff was friendly. The buffet breakfast was good with lots of choices. Also, there was plenty of parking at the hotel. We are Hilton Honors members so we received complimentary bottles of water and wine in our room and our kids could eat for free for lunch / dinner through the program. We didn't really eat any meals in the hotel, other than breakfast. But, we felt those were good extras offered by the hotel, particularly since traveling in the U.K. can be costly for Americans, depending on the exchange rate.

Overall, I felt our stay at the Hilton was good and it served our purpose for a short stay. I would stay here again in the future with my family, if needed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2010

lovely hotel , breakfast , dinner absolutley fantastic, couldnt of wished for more, cleaniness very good, bar service bit slow but everything else fantastic, service great reception staff very helpfull. lovely 2 nights away . would def reccomend. also must visit woburn safari park great day out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed for two nights as location was convenient for our purposes.Deluxe king room.No dressing gowns,no coffee machine,contrary to room description.Phoned for gowns, arrived 2 hours later.Tiles cracked in bathroom,toilet barely flushing.Staff friendly, helpful and polite.This hotel takes many conference groups and is noisy at night, and it is hard to get a table in the dining room.Sunday morning breakfast chaotic.
The speed bump at the entrance to the property is such a shape that if you have a low slung car,with 3 people in it,even at 1 mph, scraping the underside of the car is unavoidable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge Uk
Reviewed September 6, 2010

A sad hotel in the middle of nowhere. Rooms need a refurb and the restaurant meals were not good
Poor breakfast with rock hard fresh fruit
We have always had very good stays in Hiltons and this one let us down

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple