“Well done” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
norfolk
“Well done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2007

After a days skiing at Xscape at Milton Keynes all we wanted was a not bath , hearty food , some cold beers and a comfy bed. The Hilton provide all of these well done.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David131

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2007

I should have read previous reviews before booking. My asking for a smoking room and early check in were not passed to the hotel and although the staff seemed friendly enough didnt seem to want to go out of their way to help. My room was in need of re decoration very urgently including new carpets as these had stains on them. And whover stayed in my room of May 2006 and wrote on the wall that DP loved AN, its still there to this day, shows how well the rooms are cleaned. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was very poor, this hotel is certainly hot up to normal Hilton standard, unless their standards have been lowered considerably and certainly not worthy of 4 stars.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — in need of re decoration
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

Teesside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2006

I booked this hotel as a treat as my friend and I were going to the Robbie Williams concert.

The desk staff were very friendly and helpful but I was dismayed to discover that you have to have a pre-authorisation on your credit card on check-in for extras. This is the first time I have encountered this.

The bar area was very disappointing. My friend and I sat at a table full of empties and cigarette butts - the staff just werent on top of the housekeeping in the bar.

Room service was also a bit of a joke. When I finally got through ordered two beers, chips and ice cream. Took fifty minutes to arrive and the ice cream was melted - I was nodding off by the time it arrived!

These are only small things but I expected more attention to detail in a four star hotel.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ahappyvisitor
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2006

Me and my friend booked this hotel as a little treat, we were going out somewhere special so we decided to top the night off with a nights stay in what is said to be a lovely hotel.
Before arriving at the hotel I called and asked if we could have an early check in which I was told would not be possible as they were busy, but normal check in was at 1500.
We decided not to check in until after our event. We arrived at the hotel 0100 to find that our room was not ready! We were told that our room would be ready in 15 minutes and offered a complimentary drink which took half an hour to come. An hour later we were told that our room was finally ready, we were not told of any breakfast arrangements for the following morning and when we got into our room we discovered that it was a no smoking room.
The following morning we found a piece of paper had been pushed under the door telling us that we owed £136.00 even though I had already paid £110.00 for the room.
When checking out of the hotel I was given no explaination as to why I had been given this extra bill and was just told that it was sorted.
All in all I was dissapointed but more shocked at the service that I received from this hotel, I have stayed in better Holiday Inn's.
Hopefully this sort of service is not a regular thing.

• Liked — Nice coffee
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — No
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leah123
chicago, illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2006

Stayed at this hotel in July during the heat wave.

It brought out all its worst points.

There is no airconditioning. Had to beg to get a fan.

Room was very plain, furniture pretty dirty and uncomfortable.

Internet service did not work in my room and had to get moved to another one causing bad looks and attitude from the staff.

Ate in the dining room and the food was pretty poor.

Checked out early because the place made me so angry at what poor value it was.

I am a diamond member with Hilton and have never had such a low quality experience in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank willfchicago
Costa Blanca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2006

Lovely modern hotel with excellent facilities and with very attentive staff. Only drawback was the lack of air conditioning in the bedroom on a very very hot night!

1 Thank BarEllie
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2006

I was on business in the area last week and stayed at the Hilton in Milton Keynes. First impression was very positive with friendly and joyful member of staff at check in. My room type and requirements initially booked were swiftly delivered.

Working in the lounge is handy with the wireless Internet acess and a Club Sandwich topped it.

Overall I would very much recommend this hotel to both the lonely and business traveller.

2 Thank UncleJersay