“Never again”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed September 21, 2006

Me and my friend booked this hotel as a little treat, we were going out somewhere special so we decided to top the night off with a nights stay in what is said to be a lovely hotel.
Before arriving at the hotel I called and asked if we could have an early check in which I was told would not be possible as they were busy, but normal check in was at 1500.
We decided not to check in until after our event. We arrived at the hotel 0100 to find that our room was not ready! We were told that our room would be ready in 15 minutes and offered a complimentary drink which took half an hour to come. An hour later we were told that our room was finally ready, we were not told of any breakfast arrangements for the following morning and when we got into our room we discovered that it was a no smoking room.
The following morning we found a piece of paper had been pushed under the door telling us that we owed £136.00 even though I had already paid £110.00 for the room.
When checking out of the hotel I was given no explaination as to why I had been given this extra bill and was just told that it was sorted.
All in all I was dissapointed but more shocked at the service that I received from this hotel, I have stayed in better Holiday Inn's.
Hopefully this sort of service is not a regular thing.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leah123

Reviewed August 18, 2006

Stayed at this hotel in July during the heat wave.

It brought out all its worst points.

There is no airconditioning. Had to beg to get a fan.

Room was very plain, furniture pretty dirty and uncomfortable.

Internet service did not work in my room and had to get moved to another one causing bad looks and attitude from the staff.

Ate in the dining room and the food was pretty poor.

Checked out early because the place made me so angry at what poor value it was.

I am a diamond member with Hilton and have never had such a low quality experience in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank willfchicago
Reviewed August 11, 2006

Lovely modern hotel with excellent facilities and with very attentive staff. Only drawback was the lack of air conditioning in the bedroom on a very very hot night!

1  Thank BarEllie
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I was on business in the area last week and stayed at the Hilton in Milton Keynes. First impression was very positive with friendly and joyful member of staff at check in. My room type and requirements initially booked were swiftly delivered.

Working in the lounge is handy with the wireless Internet acess and a Club Sandwich topped it.

Overall I would very much recommend this hotel to both the lonely and business traveller.

2  Thank UncleJersay
Reviewed July 26, 2006

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 20, 2006