“Will stay again”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed a weekend with friends at this hotel to use as a base for a visit to Bletchley Park. Our rooms were fine, clean and had all the usual facilities one would expect. What made our stay were the staff, they were excellent from reception, the bar and restaurant. All had a friendly smile and went out of their way to help and make our stay memorable. We dined on both nights in the restaurant and had lovely meals. I have commented direct to the hotel that having been in hotels all over the world , this was the best we have stayed in. We will be going back.

Room Tip: we had 354,quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Barry C

Thank you for your fantastic review. We all remember your visit and it was our pleasure to be of great service to you and delighted that you will be returning.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ahmet

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff who went out if their way to make our weekend special, thanks for the extra treats, wine, strawberries and chocolates. Bathroom could do with updating but otherwise all was great value for money, we would definitely come again! Many thanks Mr & Mrs Randall

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear T2rees

Happy Anniversary!! I am so pleased the the team here made your weekend special, and I have passed your kind comments to them, which have been gratefully received.

Please be sure to visit us again and see the difference we are making to our rooms and bathrooms :).

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here because of work and as I was very tired at the end of the day, room service was most important. I didn't try the gym, pool, restaurant so I can't comment.

My colleague said the pool was very small and the restaurant food was average.

Good Points: The room service menu is extensive. The staff are very friendly. Late checkout of 12pm. The breakfast was nice and had a lot of choice.

Bad Points: The rooms are tired looking. Not very modern for a Hilton. The wifi is £15 for 24 hours however because I was staying a week they gave me the code for free.

If this hotel refurbished its rooms it would be A LOT nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Emma M

Thank you for posting your feedback for our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you found our room service menu to your taste, and felt our staff were friendly and attentive. I have passed your kind comments about the breakfast to my Head Chef, who joins me in thanking you. You may not have heard, but we do have an ongoing refurbishment programme at the hotel, where many of our rooms and bathrooms are undergoing improvements and enhancements and I do hope that you will visit us again to see the difference we are making.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had an overnight stay here with my partner on 19 October. Ok, we did not eat in the Hotel but the rest was great, nice room with huge comfortable bed and swim in the morning in a decent pool. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alhambraman 1961

Thank you for your very kind review. I was pleased to hear that you both had a lovely comfortable and relaxing stay with us and found our facilities good, and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My first room was on the ground floor 215, but it smelt very damp or as though it had been smoked in. Unfortunately , I didn't think I could sleep in there. On raising this with reception, they immediately changed my room to one on another floor. The room was clean and had everything that I needed and I really liked the quality if the shampoos, body wash and lotion.

I found the bed to be uncomfortable, as it was quite hard, though the pillows were good. Generally the hotel looks tired and needs to be updated.

Dinner was good quality although expensive for what was served. Staff were attentive. Breakfast was also good.

Reception staff were also helpful when we checked out as the room should have been paid for , but this hadn't been confirmed.

Closest hotel to the Open University at Walton Hall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rachel H

Thank you for your review. I was concerned to hear that you had a problem with your room, however was very pleased to hear that my Reception staff rectified this for you and you found them helpful. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and passed your kind comments on to the Food and Beverage Team. We are indeed very convenient for the Open University, just a short walk away, and I do hope that you will return and see the improvements we are making to our bedrooms and bathrooms.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had a voucher bought for my wife's birthday. It took her over 20 minutes to book the table over the phone. That should have given us a clue to what kind of experience we were to have. We were sat down a staff member who didn't offer us a drink, despite the voucher including a champagne cocktail. We were left with 4 A4 menues, 3 identical. we did eventually get drinks. We ordered our food but couldn't have peppercorn sauce with our steak as they'd run out. No bread was offered despite other guests getting offered a basket. The wait between courses was an eternity. The final straw was when the 3 staff to only 8 tables started cleaning & spraying empty tables around us whilst we waited for ours to be cleared. When it was we asked for desert menus that never arrived! Dont eat here, god knows what its like during busy periods. When i pointed out our poor service we were offerred complimentary tea or coffee.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Chris A

Thank you for providing feedback via Trip Advisor. I was most concerned to hear about your disappointing dining experience. Following your comments, I have spent considerable time with my Food and Beverage Manager, in order that the points you mentioned are addressed and rectified. Should you wish to provide further information on your experience, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel ahmet.donmez@hilton.com.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks like it's been an old travel lodge or holiday inn. The rooms are large with baths with wall mounted showers in each of the rooms. It does have a gym ( not tried) , swimming pool , steam room ( under repair when I stayed) , sauna and jacuzzi . There's a largish bar area and fairly big restaurant. The food is good and hot when served . What makes this hotel though is the staff. They cannot do enough for you. Always happy and smiling and eager to help . Just for that alone it's worth staying as they make you feel very welcome.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear J0ck

Thank you for your very kind comments following your recent stay at the hotel. I have passed this feedback on to my dedicated team, and this was most gratefully received.

We are currently updating many of our bathrooms with new fitments and other improvements, and I look forward to welcoming you back.