“Better than I expected”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
london
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After reading the reviews I expected a real dump, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean the bathroom had relatively new taps and there were no smells, and I am super fussy.
The bed was comfortable and bedding was clean the settee in the room needed replacing and the furniture was tired.
We decided to have breakfast and the £10 each was good value for a good buffet.
The reception staff were friendly welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grotbags
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear grotbags london

I was very pleased that you stayed at the Hotel in order to form your own opinion of our service and standards. Thank you very much for your kind words, and it was a pleasure to hear that you found our breakfast good value and our staff friendly, welcoming and helpful.

You can be sure of a warm welcome every time you stay at Hilton Milton Keynes!

Regards
Ahmet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

One mouldy hotel bathroom which stank, and another with a partially collapsed bed and faulty electrics that left me showering in the pitch black. Frozen butter doesn't spread even on a warm bread roll, and nobody should have to wait 45 minutes for a main course. Fortunately the staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly, courteous or professional. They need to be, given that the hotel appears to be falling apart. I was told that The Hilton group planned to sell the hotel, and apparently started to run it into the ground before changing its mind. It's earmarked for a £4m refurb, but until it's finished, AVOID!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Alex D
Dear Alex D

I was sorry to hear about your experience, and I believe that I have also sent you a personal apology for your disappointment on this occasion, in order that the problems you reported do not recur.

I have passed on your kind comments regarding the staff, which have been gratefully received.

Travelers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The rooms are comfortable with good beds. The bedding inners and bathroom suites are not fresh-new but within expectations. The restaurant serves very good a la carte food. Cafe-bar is very comfortable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear RobbieBMilo

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to welcome you, and I am pleased to hear that your stays are comfortable and meet your expectations.

Kind Regards
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room had a musty smell as soon as you walked in and was poorly maintained. Fittings were loose and taps and toilet dripped. Dinner was tasty but portion sizes were small. Business facilities were not ready when we got there. 3 different people were hosting when we were told there would be one point of contact for the two days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Anthony C

Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry that you felt there was a lack of freshness in your room, and I have spoken with my Housekeeping Manager in order to check and rectify. We do also have an ongoing refurbishment programme, including investments in new bathroom fittings and other enhancements, and I am sure that you will see the difference, should you return for another visit.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This may have been very well presented 20 years ago, but it is showing its signs of age, "tired" is the best way of describing it, a full refurbishment is well overdue. That said, it was clean and did what a hotel should do, but not what you would essentially associate with the Hilton Brand. The staff were very helpful, polite and good at their jobs, We were part of a delegation and used the conference facilities that were there, they were adequate. One surprise was the food, as part of our seminar, the supper was billed as a dreaded buffet, oh no! i thought. However the food was really good, decent selection and of good quality and presentation, as was the breakfast, so a thumbs up there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marc G

I was very pleased to read your review of our Conference Facilities and my team join me in thanking you for your kind comments with regard to their standards and abilities. I was also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the evening buffet, and the Head Chef joins me in thanking you for your compliments.

As you have probably read on other postings, we are undergoing a refurbishment process with our bathrooms a main priority and I hope that you will visit us again to see the enhancements made.

Kind Regards
Stansted, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Booked a Junior Suite - no Aircon, tired and dirty bathroom. PUll out bed for kids poor thin mattress even my 9 yr old had back problems the next morning. Positive point ALL the staff very, very helpful and polite.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear JosephD

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear that you found all our staff very friendly, helpful and polite and your kind comments were most gratefully received. As with many local hotels in the UK, we do not have air conditioning in our bedroom areas, and I am sorry that the use of the fan provided was not sufficient for your comfort during a recent warm spell of weather. I will share your comments with regard to the sofabed, with my Head Housekeeper, in order that we can look at alternative options for future stays.

South Pole
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stay here plenty for work and I am glad to report that the waffle machine has returned to the breakfast area.
Rooms a bit dated, but friendly staff and good location make up for it.
Plenty of parking and good bar area

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear sr1234

Thank you for your kind comments. We are very pleased to see you here on your stays. I was delighted that you find always our staff friendly, and our location and parking handy for your requirements. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and you can enjoy some more waffles!!

Kindest Regards