“Hilton @ Milton Keynes”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a lovely family weekend away based at the Hilton. We had 2 rooms, a twin for the boys and a double for us, which were interconnected, and I was able to stipulate this when booking a week or 2 before. Lovely pool and actually big enough to swim in. Professional and welcoming staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Londonlass26

Thank you very much for your great review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to hear that you had a good time and found our staff welcoming. We at the Hilton, pride ourselves in providing a great service to our customers, and I have shared your kind comments with the team, which have been gratefully receieved.

Please be assured of a warm welcome, next time you stay!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice enough, nice staff, but outdated decor and a sweat box when its 29 degrees outside, especially in the conference room. It was ridiculously hot in there. Left item in my room which house keeping claim was not left, so not acceptable there. Lovely Rute on the bar was very helpful, as were girls on reception. Restaurant staff stalk around at lunch time waiting to pounce on empty plates even if they have not been finished with, back off guys.

Dear mel302

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful, however I did note your feedback with regard to service in the restaurant, and I have shared your comments with the team, in order that the service we offer is to our guests' expectations. I was sorry to hear about the temperature in your meeting room. All our meeting rooms are air conditioned, and I will ensure that my Facilities Manager is aware that there was a problem on that day.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The lack of air conditioning in the bedrooms is a big issue for the hotel. It made for a very uncomfortable night indeed. The fan supplied was totally inadeqaute and the promised ice did not materialise The breakfast experience was excellent in terms of Quality of food, variety and standard of service. Interestingly the main rooms in the hotel were air conditioned.

Dear Alan L

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at the hotel and I have passed your kind comments on to the team. I was however concerned to hear that you spent an uncomfortable night during the recent hot spell of weather, and I am sorry that the use of the fan provided was not sufficient for your comfort. Unfortunately as with many UK hotels, we do not have air conditioning in the bedrooms at present, however I will ensure we look into the purchase of extra cooling fans for future spells of hot weather.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent hotel and not too costly either. Friendly welcome with courteous and helpful staff at the front desk, smooth check in with upgrade to a nicer room to get use of a balcony during the hot weather. Clean and fresh rooms though sofa stained in places. Odd smell in corridors, very noticeable but not overpowering.

Bathroom on the small side but clean. Shower head could do with being replaced as somewhat blocked but as easy fix and water pressure was a little slow but could be down to the shower head blockages.

Both dinner and breakfast were excellent and the service was brilliant.

I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Melanie M

Thank you for your excellent review. It was refreshing to hear that you found our usual friendly welcome and our staff at the front desk courteous and helpful. I was pleased that you had a smooth check in and that we looked after your needs during this recent spell of unusually hot weather.

You will be pleased to hear that we are improving our bathroom product over the next coming months and I do hope that you will visit us again to experience our improved product.

I am glad that you found dinner and breakfast were excellent and I have passed your kind comments about the service you received to the team, which have been gratefully received.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel was tired, Double Deluxe Queen room was tatty, sofa was filthy and a funny smell in room. Not impressed at all. I stay with Hilton a lot through business and must say that the general "Hilton Experience" is not what it used to be. Time for a change I think.

1  Thank J H

Dear James H

Thank you for your review. I was concerned to hear about your disappointment and I will ensure that the points you raised are addressed as a matter of priority when carrying out our planned improvements to the hotel.

As newly appointed hotel manager, please do not hesitate to email me directly when you next plan a visit and I will ensure that your next experience meets your complete satisfaction.

Ahmet.donmez@hilton.com

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice room which was clean. No air conditioning, window didn't open enogh to get good air flow. Samll fan providede not adequate for the job. Waited over an hour for special offer pizza. Bathroom i9n need of some repiar and renovation.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for your review and I was pleased that you found your room to your expectations. I was sorry to hear that the fan provided was not adequate during this recently adverse heatwave in the UK and we will work towards a solution for future stays. I have spent considerable time with my food and beverage manager after hearing of the long wait for your pizza. This is certainly not to our usual standards and he joins me in sincerely apologising. You may also be interested to hear that we have an ongoing refurbishment programme, where many of our rooms and bathrooms are being updated.

Be sure to pay us a visit in the future, you will be most welcome.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Consistency is its strongpoint. Staff are cheerful and very helpful. Bedrooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is always excellent. I can recommend it strongly.

Dear Brian W

It is always nice to hear of our regular guests experience at the hotel and once again I was delighted to hear that you found our staff consistently cheerful and very helpful and that you found our bedrooms clean and very comfortable. We pride ourselves on the 'Hilton Breakfast' and we certainly look forward to seeing you here on your next trip.