I have just returned from the Hilton Milton Keynes. Prior to checking in, I had read some of the reviews on tripadvisor, and was a little worried that the hotel was going to be a little shabby. I should not have worried.
From walking in the door to check in, to checking out the next morning, I can honestly stay I had an excellent stay. The reception staff on duty was very friendly and helpful. I was slightly concerned when walking along the hotel corridor to my room - this hotel has definitely seen better days and could do with quite a bit of minor maintenance (chipped walls etc). However, didn't smell bad (something that can quite often happen when a hotel needs a refurb).
When I entered my room, I was impressed - a large, spacious room that was well-equipped - large TV, toiletries, lots of towels etc etc). Mind you, the bed looked a bit plain - just white covers, with no contrast dressing at all, and it looked a bit lumpy. (It wasn't - it was lovely and comfy.) There's no fridge, but there was a bottle of water (with a £3.95 price tag) sitting on the desk. On the refurb front, one of my bath taps was very stiff, and dripped constantly - not a deal-breaker, but just another comment to add to mine and others about the hotel needing some attention.
After I'd sorted out my things, I decided to visit the leisure centre. I'd already checked the opening hours - 24 hours for the gym, with the pool being open from 7am (I think) to 10pm. The leisure centre is quite small. The female changing room was smaller than my guest room. The gym area was also very small, but it was actually adequate, as it doesn't seem to be very well used. There was a small selection of treadmills, bikes, cross-trainers and a rower, and some resistance machines. There also seemed to be quite a good selection of free weights.
I also visited the swimming pool area, which has a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, as well as a pool. The pool is a tiny 7m (by about 6m). I loved it though! Again, it wasn't well attended, so it wasn't full up. If you want a really good swim, it's not ideal, but I quite liked being able to notch up about 20 laps in 5 mins!! Then I lost count and just swam. A nice touch in the pool area is the provision of iced water for guests.
I used the pool again before breakfast, and again, it wasn't busy, even on a Sunday morning with lots of families around.
Breakfast was included in my package. One of the other reviewers said that at £10, they thought it wouldn't be worth paying. However, I can state that it would be well worth paying that amount. Staff welcome guests to their table by pouring fresh orange juice, and asking what hot drink they would like. The breakfast is buffet style - and what a selection! Cooked breakfast, including all the usuals plus veggie options; selection of cereals; porridge (tasted ok, but was very runny - definitely not rib-stickin'!); crepes with various fillings/toppings; dried fruit; fresh fruit; yogurt; cheese; cold meats; breads; pastries; muffins; fish; fruit juices. I didn't try ALL of these, but I made a good effort! Breakfast was served until 11am on a Sunday - I'm not too sure about the rest of the week, but there seemed to be a long breakfast service everyday.
After breakfast, I checked out well before the civilised 12 noon check out time, before getting a taxi to MK train station (about 10 mins journey/£6).
Just to add, all the staff that I had any contact with were friendly and helpful. These included reception, restaurant, leisure centre and housekeeping staff. I also noticed that the staff seemed to get along with each other, and this all gave an air of a happy atmosphere within the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Milton Keynes area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes from Luton Airport and the M1, Hilton Milton Keynes is the ideal base – just four miles from the town center and less than three miles from Stadium MK. From our relaxed and comfortable Lounge to keeping fit at our Fitness Room, you’ll find all the amenities and services you need to relax. In Milton Keynes for business? We offer meeting and event space for up to 300 guests. Plus, with inviting guest rooms and suites, you can count on us to provide the comfort you need on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Milton Keynes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Hilton International Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes Hilton
- Hilton Milton Keynes United Kingdom