“Been to better Travel lodges!!!”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Chose Hilton as thought would be like a "Hilton"?
More like a Travelodge or Premier Inn only not as good!
Shower was rubbish.
Trays of dirty crockery and leftovers from room service left in corridor.
Staff not overly helpful.
Cheap price. Should have thought that through.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear GlennW

Thank you for reviewing our hotel Hilton Milton Keynes. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a few issues during your most recent stay. We do pride ourselves on our customer service , and I was disappointed to hear that this did not meet your expectations.

If you plan to visit the hotel at some time in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me prasoon.pradap@hilton.com, and I will ensure that you are looked after.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the points raised, and I hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We would like to stay here more often, but only stay when they have offers. This last wkd our offer entitled us to room breakfast and complimentory drinks. The staff are always so friendly and helpful, the breakfast is exceptional with such a choice of fruits, cold meats and cooked, not to mention the array of cerials and breads, croissants pastry's etc.
Our room was very clean with every need catered for.
A great two nights, just watching out for the next good offer, then we will be off again.

Room Tip: Away from family rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear rita B

It was great to hear about your great stay at Hilton Milton Keynes, and really good to know that you will be returning to visit your grandchildren.

I have passed your kind comments on to the team, which have been gratefully received, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Normally don't stay here when in the area, but my first choice was full. Chose Hilton on the basis of the Hilton name and apparent reputation. No issues with check in - very friendly and helpful. Room - okay for one night and was quiet. The bathroom was in dire need of refurbishment - extractor fan not working and toilet cistern took forever to refill. Mentioned both these issues at check out and was told they would be reported -sorry/thanks did not come into the conversation.
Had dinner in the hotel - the prawn starter was not worth bothering about - the prawns had a coating on them which came off in the dip and one of the prawns turned to mush in my mouth ( defrosted too quickly?). The main course could have been got in most places and cheaper - no onion rings available. The ice cream was okay, but that was it - no sauce or anything else.
This meal was average and was not cheap. Some tables were offered rolls/ bread but not all - the staff were friendly and reasonably attentive - the restaurant manager was about - not sure what he was doing at all.
Breakfast - a lot of the food was not warm, and the coffee tasted almost burnt as it was bitter.

On the basis of this experience, why would I come back, and it has soured the Hilton name with me. Last year I spent some time at the DoubleTree in Cambridge - this was Hilton standard and the quality was evident.

Dear Norman M

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Hilton Milton Keynes. Your feedback is valuable to us and you may be interested to know that we have ongoing refurbishment programme at the hotel, where many bedrooms and bathrooms have undergone improvements, with more to follow this year.

I do apologise that you had a poor restaurant experience, and I have shared your feedback with the Restaurant Manager, who joins me in apologising and we will ensure corrective action is taken so that your every stay meets our guests expectations.

Regards

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at valentines with my partner. We had a king room with large kingsize bed which was really comfortable. The staff all seemed really friendly and helped us to order a taxi. The hotel is not far from shopping and xcape and bowling so was quite cheap to get taxis. We had dinner on 1 night (my dinner was lovely but my partners food was just ok) I have to say breakfast was amazing and was the best part about our stay and the staff at breakfast were really friendly. The only bad thing about our stay was the bathroom really lets the room down it is so dated (wood behind toilet was loose, had to flush toilet a couple times for it to flush all paper away, when we turned cold tap on sink it made a screaming noise (like a kettle was boiling) the shower was powerful but again dated.

Room Tip: king room is great as we have kingsize bed and was very comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear forensic2be

Thank you so much for your very kind review and I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our food and facilities. I have passed your compliments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had to go to this hotel for an all day meeting yesterday. The service was superb, the staff were all very helpful and welcoming nothing was too much trouble.The Meeting room was well laid out - even extra bottles of water in the fridge! Chairs were comfortable and enough tables for everyone. WIFI worked first time and room security was not an issue.

The Buttet Lunch - a Hot Buffet rather than the usual sandwiches we seem to get a most meeting venues - and the salad bar was marvellous - dressings on the side rather than being smothered. Good range of teas as well as coffees during breaks. All agreed we want more meetings there!

Room Tip: We were there for a meeting so regret I did not see the rooms -but if the rest of the hotel is anyth...

Dear Robertaw42

Thank you for your extremely kind feedback on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves on customer service here at Hilton Milton Keynes, and it is very refreshing to have this confirmed by our valued customers.

Please do come back and visit us again and we will be only too happy to attend to your meeting requirements.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Service ti die for in a lovely hotel. Stayed for a couple of nights for bed breakfast and evening meal, I really enjoyed my stay. I visited the Xcape to take the Kids skiing. I was impressed with the food and bedrooms. As with a lot of places the drinks were quite expensive, but as I know this from past..

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear DogPsyche

Thank you for your compliments regarding to our staff. We have a great team here and they were pleased to read your comments. We are constantly improving our product and many of our bathrooms have already undergone additions and enhancements.

I hope that you will come back some time and see us.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The state of the bathroom with it's chipped tiles, mould, broken shower, yukky grouting and cracked sealant was terrible! The carpet had stains on. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location nice and quiet. Beds comfortable and nice big TV. The clock radio/alarm with it's MP3 connectivity was a nice touch.