“a good clean hotel with friendly staff- worth staying at if away with business”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

well worth a visit if you are looking to stay overnight in milton keynes, good quality hotel, friendly staff, nice bar area and i found the bedroom to be quite spacious and very clean -although the restaurant menu is limited and basic

Room Tip: as for a queen size bedroom- as the king siez room is two singles put together
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear J0hnwakefield

Thank you for your refreshing feedback on TripAdvisor. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here, which have been gratefully received.

Your recommendation is most appreciated. We are constantly improving our product, and I will certainly take your feedback regarding variety of menu's on board for future planning.

I hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Kind regards
Prasoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A typical UK HIlton - in dire need of investment and upgrade.

Drab public areas with Hilton's usual "train crash" interior design featuring red carpets, burgundy net curtains, yellow walls and brown furniture! The lounge and bar felt austere not helped by a large flat screen TV which dominated and continually showed football with the volume turned up. More like a working mens club than a 4 star hotel.

The bedroom corridors typified by broken and water stained ceiling tiles. The bedrooms themselves tired and dated. The bathrooms a disaster - lino on the floors and (in our's) one wall had been re-tiled. They clearly couldn't stretch to do the other three!

We didn't eat in the "New Horizons Restaurant" No atmosphere and at 6.15pm no takers. Breakfast the next morning was OK if some of the hot items were only lukewarm and the scrambled eggs rubbery. Pleasant enough staff if not particularly interested or engaging.

Overall very average and very mediocre. Wouldn't stay here again - all a bit depressing I'm afraid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Relay

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed that you did not like the decor and rooms. We do have an ongoing refurbishment project where many areas have been enhanced and improved. The Hilton Breakfast is a quality product that we pride ourselves on, and I have passed on your feedback regarding breakfast to Chef, who will look into the quality of the scrambled egg for further stays.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Prasoon Pradap
Deputy Manager

Travelers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

london
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

It's not that the staff were unfriendly or anything, but I regret leaving them to book my taxis for the evening. The first one was 20mins late. The second one didn't turn up, and it turned out the booking hadn't been made. Not what I wanted to hear on cold winter night at midnight! The room hadn't been made p with the sofa bed that we requested, and there was a damp patch on the ceiling. Then there was the wildly hot room all night. I hope to avoid this place in future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear david h

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that you had a problem with taxis during your stay at the hotel during the recent adverse weather conditions. I have asked my Front Office Manager to ensure her staff ensure vigilance and follow ups more promptly when dealing with guests requests and I will pass your feedback onto the taxi company concerned.

I hope that you will visit us again, as you will be made most welcome.

London
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for a visit to SnoZone Milton Keynes. We had breakfast in the hotel, there was plenty of hot and cold food choices and pancakes! Good hotel - pool and bar amenities, great staff - made us feel very welcome, overall - lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear delilah78

I am delighted that you had such a great stay at our hotel. Thank you for your very positive comments, as we always strive to meet our guests expectations and ensure that their stay is hassle free and enjoyable.

Please be sure to visit us again in the near future. You will always be made most welcome!

Best Regards
Woking
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a county team event. Lovely relaxed atmosphere for the dinner/party. Staff very helpful - especially Rebecca on reception! I requested a gluten free diet which they provided. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing was that I was sharing a room with a friend and the twin beds were pushed together as a double - fortunately we have known each other for a long time so it didn't matter! The room temp was a bit cold for the dinner for ladies wearing short sleeve dresses and the staff did try to turn it up but still a bit drafty. The dance area/disco is a good set up.

Stayed January 2013
Dear Woking Mary

Glad to hear that you and your friends had a great time at the hotel. Sorry that the room was not made up to your initial expectations, and I have ensured that the Head Housekeeper is aware.

May I wish you all a Happy New Year and it would be great to welcome you back again at some time in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stay in lots of Hilton but never expect that kinds of reviews.
Only after booking i just felt like going to read the reviews.
That makes us really nervous.
I are local from Milton Keynes and just want give a break for my wife who is sick without going far.
The breakfast was great as we expect from Hilton.
Orange juice is fresh and really standout during breakfast.
We enjoy the swimming,jacuzzi and sauna.
Free wifi in the lobby was very much welcome.
Ample free parking
Me and my daughter sat there for a while and order some snacks and drinks.
Just one comment,we discover the TV remote have no battery and house keeping came and help us.
I also request extra towel and pillow but never appear in the room too.
Hilton should give more attention to detials.
We got a great deal so its really worth it at the end.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rashdan R

Thank you for your very kind comments on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that your wife enjoyed her treat and wish her well. I have passed your positive feedback onto the team and they were very pleased to hear that you found everything to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you both again some time.

Regards
Essex
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Have stayed here quite a few times now visiting the outlaws. For us its a good location and its quiet. The main reason we return is the quality of the staff. Though I have to say on this occasion we were driven
from the bar area by the night manager turning the lights off! Apart from this you get a warm welcome and most staff members stop to say hello.
The beds are comfortable as are the pillows. The space in the room is more than adequate and the tv is fine. The room we were in this time could have done with a bit of work on the shower head.
Breakfast is just one of the best ever. This time we noticed a waffle maker! Again breakfast staff are superb. If breakfast is not part of your deal it may seem expensive however I don't eat the rest of the day!!
One small gripe. In the corner of the room is an uplighter/spotlight. It seems that whatever room you stay in at least one of there two bulbs doesn't work. Not life threatening just irritating.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Containsnuts

Thank you for providing your review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback, in particular when it relates to our staff, and we have a fantastic team here at the hotel.

I will be sure to mention the Uplighter issue to my Facilities Manager, and he will carry out appropriate action to avoid this for future stays.