“Really could be better”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
london
“Really could be better”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

It's not that the staff were unfriendly or anything, but I regret leaving them to book my taxis for the evening. The first one was 20mins late. The second one didn't turn up, and it turned out the booking hadn't been made. Not what I wanted to hear on cold winter night at midnight! The room hadn't been made p with the sofa bed that we requested, and there was a damp patch on the ceiling. Then there was the wildly hot room all night. I hope to avoid this place in future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear david h

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that you had a problem with taxis during your stay at the hotel during the recent adverse weather conditions. I have asked my Front Office Manager to ensure her staff ensure vigilance and follow ups more promptly when dealing with guests requests and I will pass your feedback onto the taxi company concerned.

I hope that you will visit us again, as you will be made most welcome.

Prasoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for a visit to SnoZone Milton Keynes. We had breakfast in the hotel, there was plenty of hot and cold food choices and pancakes! Good hotel - pool and bar amenities, great staff - made us feel very welcome, overall - lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear delilah78

I am delighted that you had such a great stay at our hotel. Thank you for your very positive comments, as we always strive to meet our guests expectations and ensure that their stay is hassle free and enjoyable.

Please be sure to visit us again in the near future. You will always be made most welcome!

Best Regards
Woking
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a county team event. Lovely relaxed atmosphere for the dinner/party. Staff very helpful - especially Rebecca on reception! I requested a gluten free diet which they provided. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing was that I was sharing a room with a friend and the twin beds were pushed together as a double - fortunately we have known each other for a long time so it didn't matter! The room temp was a bit cold for the dinner for ladies wearing short sleeve dresses and the staff did try to turn it up but still a bit drafty. The dance area/disco is a good set up.

Stayed January 2013
Dear Woking Mary

Glad to hear that you and your friends had a great time at the hotel. Sorry that the room was not made up to your initial expectations, and I have ensured that the Head Housekeeper is aware.

May I wish you all a Happy New Year and it would be great to welcome you back again at some time in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stay in lots of Hilton but never expect that kinds of reviews.
Only after booking i just felt like going to read the reviews.
That makes us really nervous.
I are local from Milton Keynes and just want give a break for my wife who is sick without going far.
The breakfast was great as we expect from Hilton.
Orange juice is fresh and really standout during breakfast.
We enjoy the swimming,jacuzzi and sauna.
Free wifi in the lobby was very much welcome.
Ample free parking
Me and my daughter sat there for a while and order some snacks and drinks.
Just one comment,we discover the TV remote have no battery and house keeping came and help us.
I also request extra towel and pillow but never appear in the room too.
Hilton should give more attention to detials.
We got a great deal so its really worth it at the end.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rashdan R

Thank you for your very kind comments on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that your wife enjoyed her treat and wish her well. I have passed your positive feedback onto the team and they were very pleased to hear that you found everything to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you both again some time.

Regards
Essex
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Have stayed here quite a few times now visiting the outlaws. For us its a good location and its quiet. The main reason we return is the quality of the staff. Though I have to say on this occasion we were driven
from the bar area by the night manager turning the lights off! Apart from this you get a warm welcome and most staff members stop to say hello.
The beds are comfortable as are the pillows. The space in the room is more than adequate and the tv is fine. The room we were in this time could have done with a bit of work on the shower head.
Breakfast is just one of the best ever. This time we noticed a waffle maker! Again breakfast staff are superb. If breakfast is not part of your deal it may seem expensive however I don't eat the rest of the day!!
One small gripe. In the corner of the room is an uplighter/spotlight. It seems that whatever room you stay in at least one of there two bulbs doesn't work. Not life threatening just irritating.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Containsnuts

Thank you for providing your review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback, in particular when it relates to our staff, and we have a fantastic team here at the hotel.

I will be sure to mention the Uplighter issue to my Facilities Manager, and he will carry out appropriate action to avoid this for future stays.

milton keynes
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a stunner of a Christmas Party - this hotel knows how to throw a party! The only problem is that everyone complained about the condition of their rooms. Ours in particular had cracks in the ceiling, electrical sockets covered in paint, and a dripping tap which nearly drove me mad!! The rooms are heated by panel heaters which are right next to the bed. There was however plenty of hot water, although standing under the shower head wasnt easy as it was mounted too low for me - I had to bend down which wasnt comfortable. A colleague had to repair his shower as it was full of limescale before he could have a shower. In the hotels defense the staff are great, helpful and friendly and the breakfast was delicious. If you can tolerate an out of date room then the rest of the hotel is fine. However I thought Hilton was supposed to be a high end brand and the room was very much Travelodge standard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mandie89
Dear Mandie89,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review following on your stay at the Hilton Milton Keynes.

I was very pleased to read your review regarding the christmas party. The team have enjoyed seeing the results of their hard work in ensuring that our guests havea fun time and thank you for your kind comments. Sorry you had a problem with the taps in the room, you will be pleased to hear that we are replacing all our taps this year, which should solve any further issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back for future Christmas events.

Kind Regards and Happy New Year

Maidstone
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in a Junior Suite just before Christmas and as always Hilton delivered its professional and efficient service. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped. The breakfast was well prepared and good for buffet style.

The service throughout was personal and polite and made our stay very good.

All in all this visit represented excellent value for money and I would recommend it to other.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear HonestGSC

It was with great pleasure that I read your positive experience at our hotel. We were delighted that you had a good time, and I have passed your very kind comments on to the team here and they have been gratefully accepted.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and may I wish you a Happy New Year 2013.