“Not recommended”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Berlin, Germany
“Not recommended”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Old building. However a renovation of the building will not make sense since the facility is completely out of time. Understaffed reception, long waiting time for check-in. Worn down carpets everywhere. Would not walk barefoot in the room... Bad smell in the guest rooms and in bath rooms. Bath room not very clean, many broken tiles, rusty sink, scratches everywhere. No assistance for taxi reservation - had to call myself. Overall not a nice place for even a one night stay. Only good thing: the bed, however this can be expected for the price.

Not recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Walhoo
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Walhoo

Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to hear of your disappointment and I have spent considerable time with the Housekeeping Manager, who joins me in sincerely apologising for the shortcomings you reported. This is certainly not to our usual standard and I have ensured these have been rectified immediately.

We do also have an ongoing improvement plan at the hotel and have had new carpets laid on guest corridors, new windows and a number of rooms have undergone bathroom improvements and new furniture.

I hope that you will visit us again sometime and experience the improvements we are making to our product.

Kind Regard
Prasoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Devon
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here several times recently. On business as a solo traveller it is really nice to be made to feel at home by friendly staff and here they do it so well especially Rebecca on reception who genuinely remembers me and my needs. Well done.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Leslogs
Dear Leslogs

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays at the hotel. I have passed your kind comments on to Rebecca, and these have been gratefully received.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for one night prior to a conference at nearby OU. Very well positioned for the OU campuses, literally minutes in the car.
Room was a nice size and very clean. Good range of toiletries. Only down side is the hefty charge for wifi, most other places are free.
Receptionist was extremely helpful on arrival and with directions as I left. Waiting staff at dinner and breakfast were also very attentive. The food was very well prepared and there was a good variety for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jan_Nick49
Dear Jan_Nick49

Thanks for the review. I was pleased to hear that you had a good stay and found us very convenient to the OU.

Please note that we do provide free WiFi in our lounge area, via an access code you can get from Reception. Furthermore, our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members have complimentary access throughout the hotel.

If you happen to stay in Hilton's regularly and wish to join our HHons scheme, you can find all the details on our website.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in other Hilton Hotels around the world and this is not to the same standard. Very dated and in need of a refurbishment. I have stayed in b&b which are nicer. It is fine for what you pay, I paid £55 for 1 night but don't expect any luxury. More of a 3 star hotel no way near a 4 star.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Gent786
Dear Gent786

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

You may be interested to hear about our ongoing improvement projects, which have already seen new carpets, windows and many bathrooms updated, and I hope you will come and visit us again and maybe experience a stay in one of our newer bedrooms.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide this review.

Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have stayed in other Hiltons and this is not what I expected. The room was tired. The layout could be improved on by taking out some of the chairs.The mirror, hairdryer, light arrangement doesn't work very well for getting hair and make up done. But your staff were wonderful. The heating in the room didn't work and the duty manager put a heater into the room for us. He was very friendly and efficient. The young lady behind the bar in the foyer was run off her feet as she was the only one there, but still she was friendly and helpful. The reception staff and cleaners all appeared to be very good at what they do. We had guests for dinner and none of us were disappointed by the food generally. There just could maybe have been some veg with the lamb and potato dish. But it was very tasty and I would certainly order it again. Personally I didn't like watching people in and out of the swimming pool and jacuzzi while sitting in the lounge area, and there is a distinct smell of pool too. Which is a pity because it was a great place to meet friends, have supper and sit in the comfy chairs with a drink afterwards. Breakfast was good and that had a feel of the Hilton pampering. Being offered juice and treated well and the waiter even found me some herbal tea I asked for. I have quite mixed feelings, but should I return it would be because of the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolynn C
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Carolynn C

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear that you enjoy the ambience of our lounge area and find our staff wonderful. They join me in thanking you for your kind comments.

You may be interested to hear that we do have an ongoing improvement process for our bedrooms, and have already updated quite a number of rooms recently.

I do hope that you will continue to visit us, you will be made most welcome.

Stanford le Hope, Essex
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This Hilton is right next to the University, not a lot nearby but being in MK you are only
3 or 4 roundabouts from the shops.

The checkin was quick and efficient they recognised that I am a member of honours, even though I did not mention it, this gave me a free drink and paper delivered to my room.

The Hotel room was a bit shabby, although everything worked, the bed was comfortable and the room clean.

I ate in the hotel 3 nights running, the food was acceptable but every evening some part of the meal was forgotton, once pointed out this was quickly remedied (the same was so for breakfast). This was not because the staff are idle I think there is just not enough of them.

Breakfast was very good, buffet style with everything in abundance.

Every member of staff I met was ultra polite and helpfull, Kirsty at the bar made me feel very welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alan M
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Alan M

Thank you for your review our our hotel. I was pleased that you were welcomed as a Hilton Honors guest and that you enjoyed your complimentary drink and newspaper. I have passed your kind comments on to the team and they have been gratefully acknowledged. This year we have had a considerable number of improvements and enhancements made to a large number of rooms, and I hope you will come back and see the difference.

Bochum
Reviewed October 20, 2012

When you have stayed at Hilton Hotels all over the world you will be disappointed. The roons are very old, worn, old furniture, lights did not work,bathroom was heavily used.
Check-in: Took some time althogu I am a Diamond Member no upgrade and staff was not prepared and surprised to see me
Room: As described- not Hilton standard
Parking: Free and on site

Good for a night- will I return? NO

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tkwetina
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear tkwetina

Thanks for providing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to hear that your room was not to your expectations and I can confirm that corrective action has taken place in order to ensure that our guests are delighted with their room for future stays. We have had a number of rooms refurbished and bathroom amenities replaced, along with our ongoing improvement programme and I am sure you will see an improvement on your next stay.

Please feel free to contact me directly prior to your next stay, rest assured, you will be made most welcome.