“Good place foe a business stop over”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good place foe a business stop over”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Good size rooms, good service, strange exterior!
The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was great!

• Stayed July 2011
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear WainwrightBagger

I was delighted to read that you had a good stay at the hotel.I have shared your feedback with the team,who were happy to hear that you found the staff very friendly and the food to be great.Thank you for the important comment concerning our room size. As we have different room categories, the sizes of the rooms vary. It was great to read that you found the service very good.

Once again thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milton Keynes soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Deputy Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2011

A bit tricky to find as its within a park but tagged on the end of a University grounds and near a housing estate. Sat Nav a must, even for the City location.

Good cark park. Unusually free for a Hilton with plenty of spaces.

Location near M1 and 10mins from the centre of Milton Keynes shops and Bars.

Reception is good and the staff friendly.

Look out for any offers they may have as it can be quite a steel during off peak times. But value is good for a quieter further away location from the Centre of Milton Keynes than usual. But it is soo easy to hop in the car and get there that the location I found is a plus. Its near a Tesco, M&S and MacDonald’s.

Rooms are all the same good standard. Clean and well decorated. Beds are good as are the facilities including a nice TV.

Small but good pool and Gym. Time it welll as it can get a bit crowded.

So a great starting point for a small break or for business as its not shoved into a small location in the centre of Milton Keynes.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Staycationing
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed for 2 days as attending the Grand Prix. The bedroom ceiling had a water stain which was about 6ft long, but otherwise the room was fine. Guest lift looks more like a goods lift, but otherwise public areas are well furnished. My partner had to wait an hour for his main course at dinner, due to a mix up in the kitchen but when it came was delicious and a drink was offered as way of apology. Breakfast service was very efficient and a large choice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North east England
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed here with a friend on Saturday night after the foo fighters gig at the bowl. The hotel was fine for what we wanted, clean and just big enough. The beds aren't great and the Walls are very thin. We were awoken by the couple next door (I won't go into details). The breakfast was fine and the staff were very polite. All in all it was fine. Next time I will book earlier and try to get nearer to the city centre.

• Stayed July 2011
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear smally1980 Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a stay with us.
I was delighted to see that you had enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff polite. I was also pleased to notice your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel.
I was concerned to learn that you didnt like your bed and I would like to let you know that we have a maintenance and housekeeping programme in place to ensure our beds remain of a good quality.Please can you drop me an email with the room number from your stay and , I will personally ensure that this gets fixed. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment suffered

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milton Keynes soon.

Deputy Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I had a business meeting in the hotel so stayed the night before and my wife joined me.

perfectly adequate hotel, staff friendly and attentive both in the hotel and in the business meeting rooms.
staff arranged for a 2pm check out so that my wife could use the pool. very helpful. Good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Autopilot1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Hilton MiltonKeynes.

I was delighted to read that you and your wife had a good stay at the Hilton MiltonKeynes. I have shared your feedback with the team, who were pleased to hear that you found the staff very freindly and attentive in both meeting room and around the hotel.I am pleased that the staff arranged for a 2pm checkout so that your wife could make use of the leisure facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miltonkeynes hotel again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Deputy Manager
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2011

When we arrived everything seem great. The welcome we received was very good and the reception staff were very helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable.
My husband and I went down to the bar with my parents and brother and that was when things weren't as good. There was only one barman and he was taking food orders over the phone and also collecting the food from the kitchen as well as trying to serve at the bar. All this meant that we had to wait a long time to be served.
We decided to have dinner in the restaurant. At first everything was fine as there weren't too many in the restaurant. As the restaurant filled up our waitress moved to another part of the restaurant and we were left without any cover. We finished our main course and we waited for the plates to be cleared and our dessert order taken. We waited for well over 20 minutes nearly 30 minutes. We tried to attract the attention of another waiter but he ignored us. In the end I walked over to the head waiter and complained about our wait. I demanded the bill as we were all fed up of waiting.
The head waiter did give us a reduction as we were so unhappy at the bad service we had received and he couldn't apologise enough.
The hotel seemed to be very short of serving staff.
We went to bed and as it was warm in the room we had the window open. All night there was a generator or air-conditioning unit outside our which kept kicking in and making a lot of noise. That meant we had a very disturbed night.
Breakfast was very good and we all enjoyed it.
When we checked out, the reception staff were very good and helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear Glad2behome,

I’m glad to hear you found the Breakfast very good and the reception staff helpful. As with all feedback I have shared your comments with the Hotel team and they have been gratefully received.

I was disappointed to learn that you had delays to get served in the bar and restaurant. I have reviewed the staffing levels in these areas to ensure that this does not happen in the future.I have also carried out corrective training in the restaurant and bar areas with the team to improve service levels.

I have shared your comments regarding the noisy generator with my facilities manager who joins me in apologising for the inconvenience. Please can you drop me an email with the room number from your stay and , I will personally ensure that this gets fixed.

Vicenza
Reviewed May 19, 2011

quite outdated building and facilities. Standard room badly maintained.
in room air conditioning/heating very old.
no minibar in room.
no slippers (must ask), no shoe polisher (needed for business travelers).
laundry not collected in room, you must bring bag to reception: nobody advise about this unusual procedure and you discover when finding your laundry bag still in room...
staff very friendly.
internet connection; Ethernet cable in room+ wifi in lobby. Internet too expensive: 15 Pound/day or 70/week, bad connection sometimes doesn’t work.
in room tv: lcd tv without any usb connection.
restaurant: good dishes and wines. good service.
in lobby: armchairs with stains, get the feeling they are not clean.
parking: wide, places always available.
pool and fitness area: can’t judge since I did not use them.
location: far from city center and other facilities, car or taxi needed
when choosing it, I trusted in the Hilton brand instead of Tripadvisor ranking: big mistake! I was supposed to stay 2 weeks but I was really unsatisfied and, after 1st week, moved to Ramada Encore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear PorscheForEver,

I’m glad to hear you found the staff very friendly and restaurant service and dishes to be good. As with all feedback I have shared your comments with the Hotel team and they have been gratefully received.

I was disappointed to learn that you found your standard room badly maintained. The maintenance team have a preventative maintenance programme in place and I'm sure the room that you stayed has been highlighted to be serviced. But, if you could you drop me a quick email with the room number from your stay, I will personally ensure that the maintenance team get the room serviced.Please accept my apologies for any disappointment suffered.

I do note your point regarding the charge for the internet use in the bedroom. We have recently announced that our Hilton Hhonors Gold & Diamond members receive complimentary internet access. For further information please visit out Hhonors website.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding the communication about the laundry service with my housekeeping and reception team and there is corrective training being taken place with the team.

Travelers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels