“a good average hotel but does not deserve the Hilton logo at all.”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Vicenza
“a good average hotel but does not deserve the Hilton logo at all.”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

quite outdated building and facilities. Standard room badly maintained.
in room air conditioning/heating very old.
no minibar in room.
no slippers (must ask), no shoe polisher (needed for business travelers).
laundry not collected in room, you must bring bag to reception: nobody advise about this unusual procedure and you discover when finding your laundry bag still in room...
staff very friendly.
internet connection; Ethernet cable in room+ wifi in lobby. Internet too expensive: 15 Pound/day or 70/week, bad connection sometimes doesn’t work.
in room tv: lcd tv without any usb connection.
restaurant: good dishes and wines. good service.
in lobby: armchairs with stains, get the feeling they are not clean.
parking: wide, places always available.
pool and fitness area: can’t judge since I did not use them.
location: far from city center and other facilities, car or taxi needed
when choosing it, I trusted in the Hilton brand instead of Tripadvisor ranking: big mistake! I was supposed to stay 2 weeks but I was really unsatisfied and, after 1st week, moved to Ramada Encore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear PorscheForEver,
Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a stay with us.

I’m glad to hear you found the staff very friendly and restaurant service and dishes to be good. As with all feedback I have shared your comments with the Hotel team and they have been gratefully received.

I was disappointed to learn that you found your standard room badly maintained. The maintenance team have a preventative maintenance programme in place and I'm sure the room that you stayed has been highlighted to be serviced. But, if you could you drop me a quick email with the room number from your stay, I will personally ensure that the maintenance team get the room serviced.Please accept my apologies for any disappointment suffered.

I do note your point regarding the charge for the internet use in the bedroom. We have recently announced that our Hilton Hhonors Gold & Diamond members receive complimentary internet access. For further information please visit out Hhonors website.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding the communication about the laundry service with my housekeeping and reception team and there is corrective training being taken place with the team.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milton Keynes soon.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep Rajan
Deputy Hotel Manager
pradeep.rajan@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Rooms are in need of refurbishment. Walls are paper thin, I am listening to my neighbour's TV. I would complain but I know his TV isn't that loud because I can hear his room service tray being moved around. No I am not joking. Room service is mediocre in quality and service, as is breakfast.

Just not worth the room charge at all. I had higher expectations of the Hilton brand, definitely not good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011
23/05/2011
Dear Saudm,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a guest review following your stay with us.
I was concerned to learn that you found your room not satisfactory. We are commited to refurbishing the hotel bedrooms as regularly as possible and will look into your comments with my maintenance manager.
I have also reviewed the breakfast, roomservice service and quality.I would like to let you know that we have conducted corrective action with the team, we hope you will accept our apologies.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep Rajan
Deputy Hotel Manager
Hilton Milton Keynes
pradeep.rajan@hilton.com

Travelers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

UK
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is one of the standard-hilton hotel, and it is value for money too. Tne breakfast is excellent but the shared swimming pool is really small, but that deos not put me off from giving 4/5. A real bargain for b&B prices around £50.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear q4quality
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am, glad you enjoyed your stay and found our Breakfast excellent and the hotel good value for money. We look forward to inviting you back soon. Warm regards, Pradeep Rajan
Derby
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel and our overall impression was good. The first room we were allocated had a peculiar smell .....stale smoke? dampness? ..it was difficult to tell, but we asked to be moved and the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful and apologetic. We were immediately allocated another room which was fine. The room was clean, comfortable and for the money we paid, excellent value. The breakfast was good and staff were very keen to provide a good service. We were asked on checking out if we had been satisfied with our stay and staff seemed genuinely keen to ensure that we had enjoyed our stay.
(Our only negative observation was be the state of the outside patio area to the rear of the hotel which was littered with cigarette ends and party streamers, perhaps from the previous evening.)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
MKHotelmanager, General Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear DerbySarah

Thank you completing a guest review following your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and that the team looked after you.

I have passed on you observations about the evidence of the previous evenings party on the patio to the Bar team. They are most embarrassed you found the patio in this condition, we have conducted corrective training with the evening team, we hope you will accept our apologies.

Robert.Watts@Hilton com
Market Harborough
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Smart lobby and prompt reception. Room was very pleasant and the bed especially comfortable - everything worked fine and the large Flat screen TV was a nice feature. The desk is a bit close to the bed but otherwise practical - internet charges at £15 per day is ridiculous these day - I just renewed my Pay as you Go mobile broadband for £10 for the month. No air conditioning so I can imagine it may be a bit warm in the summer - (portable fan was stowed in the wardrobe). Staff were very very good - dinner in the restaurant was OK but the breakfast is especially good with a chef on duty for fresh omlettes/eggs etc. The health club is very popular with locals. Excellent value and I would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear LAKTEX

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Milton Keynes.

Thank you for the kind comments in your review. I have passed these comments to the Hotel team and we are all glad you enjoyed your stay. The breakfast team were especially proud that you mentioned how good you found your breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milton Keynes soon.

Robert.watts@hilton.com
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stopped at the Milton Keynes Hilton for one night, from the outside this place looks more like a travel lodge than a Hilton but once you get inside it looks alot better in the lobby with the usual plush feel of a Hilton... Generally the room it self looks quite nice, well appointed and clean and a massive flat screen TV, unfortunately the bed in our room was worn out with a big depression in it, and one of those old sprung mattress that when you move it creaks and bounces any one else in the bed around with you... The bathroom was very tired, with a really poor shower set at a fixed height that at 6ft wasn't great (not that unusual) and not a lot of pressure. The sound proofing on the doors isn't great either with the door opposite ours having its acoustic seal hanging out of the frame, so you did hear a bit of corridor noise when every one gets up to go for breakfast, which on a positive front is great by the way, as is the general standard of service... just a shame its let down a bit by the rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MEB-01
Dear MEB-01

Thank you for completing a review following your stay with us at the Hilton Milton Keynes.

I’m glad to hear you found the breakfast great and the service to be good. As with all feedback I have shared your comments with the Hotel team and they have been gratefully received.

I was disappointed to learn the mattress in your room was uncomfortable. The Housekeeper does have a rolling program within the hotel where the mattresses we feel are beyond their best are replaced on a monthly basis. I’m sure that the room you stayed in has either been replaced or highlighted for replacement. But, if you could you drop me a quick email with the room number from your stay, I will personally ensure this bed has been has been changed.

Robert.Watts@Hilton.com
London
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton in Milton Keynes for three nights with my wife. The staff were excellent particularly at Reception where they dealt with come complications with my booking (my own fault) without any difficulty.

It was a shame that the hotel does, as other reviewers note, feel a little dated. I sat next to a pillar in the restaruant one night which is damaged and in need of repainting, out bathroom tiles had a crack and the window would not shut properly. All minor things which did not spoil our stay, but could and should have been dealt by the hotel's management. This was slightly disappointing given that I had paid extra for a deluxe room - which did feel better equipped than a basic room but was let down by the poor maintenance.

We didn't use the pool although it seemed to be on the small side. The food in the restaurant was good, and the breakfast was excellent - great choice of hot food, fresh fruit and pastries. Plenty of car parking and we found getting around the Milton Keynes area very easy although the hotel itself didn't seem to be in walking distance of anything other than the Open University next door.

I would stay there again, but probably only for the odd night if I happened to be passing through Milton Keynes. If I were planning on spending lots more time in the room then I'd think twice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
MKHotelmanager, General Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Rick10675

Thank you for completing a guest review following your recent visit to the Hilton Milton Keynes.

I’m really glad to hear that you found the staff and service to be excellent. As with all guest feedback, I have shared your comments with the team and they have been gratefully received. The Kitchen and breakfast teams were especially proud of the mention you made about your breakfast.

I have discussed the maintenance points you raised with the facilities team and I am happy to report that corrective action has taken place, including the replacement of damaged tiles on bathroom floors and adjustment to the double glazing. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment suffered.

Once again thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us at the Hilton.

Kindest regards