1,134 results
All reviews harvester restaurant harvester opposite stayed here scrambled egg and beans hi express business park hot items car park breakfast was included the breakfast area free wifi sofa bed good size plenty of parking air conditioning willen lake would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2016

We booked a room for one night based on reviews and only upon arrival did we learn there was construction going on. Good for them: they are tearing everything out to the bare walls and concrete in the rooms and rebuilding them from the ground up. But this means noise in the area where the work is going on and a few minor detours getting to rooms.

The staff did everything they could to keep us apprised of what's going on plus they also put us in a wing where we couldn't hear the work. But then we weren't hanging around the hotel during the day--we were out exploring. Construction only goes on during the day, so no worries about noise at night. Breakfast is as expected at any Express; with the addition of baked beans. The staff in the restaurant were quite kind and attentive. So later this year the new rooms will be coming online and that only makes things better. My rating is for the type of hotel that it is - an economy casual hotel, plus I note the construction caveat which really didn't impact us.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIEMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

We appreciate you sharing your experiences with regards to your stay at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes. It’s disappointing to read that you were not pre-warned of the construction work happening throughout the hotel. It is advertised on our website and guests should be informed on booking in case this does change their mind. I will be addressing this issue with the team to make sure everyone is fully aware to advise all guests upon booking and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. However it’s a pleasure to read that during your stay all members of staff did everything they can to make sure your stay was affected as little as possible by the refurbishment happening. We cannot wait to have a fully refurbished hotel and hopefully be able to welcome you back to one of these fantastic rooms should you ever be in the Milton Keynes area again. I would just like to thank you again for your comments and for choosing our hotel. Kind regards, Charlotte – Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2016

Stayed here a few weeks back for 2 nights and really was not expecting much. However I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean and spacious whilst the setting is lovely with a nearby wooded area and lake. Rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. What I liked most was the staff here. I found them to be extremely friendly and helpful. With one dark haired lady who worked in the bar being particularly nice. We had a building works noise issue during our stay due to the ongoing remodel of rooms. After a little to and fro it was eventually handled well and because of this I would stay again. Looking forward to seeing the new renovations. Breakfast options are good especially for the price. If you are visiting and are not driving this area might not be best for you if you do not like to walk or rely on taxis.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIEMK, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Wicca,
We appreciate your positive feedback on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes.
All your comments are fantastic to read but it is a real pleasure to read that what you liked most about your stay was the team! They all take pride in their work and will love to hear your fantastic comments about them. We as a team would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this review and we all hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards, Charlotte - Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2016

I stayed here early last year.

On the positive side, the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful, the area looked very clean, bright and airy.

On the downside, I had a room that was quite small, bed was uncomfortable and although was supposed to be a non-smoking room did seem to smell of smoke which I know isnt the hotels fault, however, as my room was on the ground floor and very close to the hotel entrance, whenever I tried to open the window I had the sound of lots of people talking (this went on for nearly the whole night) in what was regarded as the smoking area in a covered area next to the entrance, plus then more smoke smell coming into the room. The hotel was full so there was no-where else for me to move too which was a shame as I am sure if it had been possible it would have been accommodated.

Room tip: Dont get a room on the ground floor near the entrance
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sylvain L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Dear Anne_MarieNottingham,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your 2015 stay.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience were impacted by the smell of cigarette. Since last year, we have reinforced some internal procedures to monitor the noise from the entrance, set up some double glazing windows on the ground floor bedrooms and we are actually refurbishing all our rooms to the new Generation 4 Holiday Inn Express, bedding included. The quality of the mattress is really great and I hope you will come back to try the difference.
Thanks again for sharing your post and please come back this year! Do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.

With kind regards,
Sylvain Lagier

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

Excellent accommodation! Breakfast buffet included in price with 4 hot items and all the usual continental items you'd expect. ( value for money was exceptional !!) All staff were courtious,friendly and trained to a very good standard.
Well placed and central for visits to Bletchley, Oxford etc.
With a Harvester eatery on site just across the car park, I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn express and would deffinately use it again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIEMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2016

Dear Sue,
Its fantastic to read your review and I would like to thank you for taking time to leave it! We are currently taking part in a breakfast trial within IHG where there has been some additional items added and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed these changes. Its even better to read that you will be staying with us again when you are in the Milton Keynes area. We cant wait to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express for another GREAT STAY!
Kind regards, Charlotte - Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here after a trip to Bletchley Park. Was a lovely hotal with great room. Very tasty breakfast and free WiFi . never stay in a holiday inn before will in the future. Great location of plenty to do around it

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sylvain L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Dear Emma W,

Thank for discovering our brand within the IHG family.
You chose the perfect place to rest in Milton Keynes, with our newly refurbished bedrooms and our new breakfast offer (which is always included in your room rate).
Thank you again for stopping by and I hope we will see you again soon!

Kind regards,