“Great welcome to hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed February 11, 2013

In short, great priced hotel especially if on business. The welcome is first class and by far the best in Milton Keynes, even better than the holiday inn central..
Food was ok, but menu lacks any good choice
Bar service lets the place down unless you go find someone..
Overall great stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paulvistshotels
Sarah8118, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback.

I am glad to read that you feel your welcome to the hotel was "first class" and by far the "best in Milton Keynes".
Our team prides themselves on the customer service they deliver and ensure these levels are maintained.

All feedback is appreciated; especially that we can learn from, such as your comments regarding food and bar service.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel is clean well presented and has all you need for a nights stay at MK. Does not have the niceties of a 4* hotel but is well priced and comfortable. Bed was a bit lumpy, with poor pillows but everything else is acceptable. Oh towels are a bit small!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sarah8118, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and review. I am glad to see that you felt the hotel was comfortable and value for money.
Thank you once again for your feedback; it is always appreciated, especially if it is something we can learn from.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

First impressions are good. The reception team were friendly and the communal area bright and welcoming.

The room too was a decent size, and had a comfortable bed.

The annoyances for me were ; a cold low pressure shower, loud air conditioning, poor quality hot breakfast.

But, It's a budget hotel that saves my company plenty of money, and there are plenty of positives if the location works for you.

• Stayed: February 2013
Sarah8118, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback in reference to your stay at the hotel and the positive points that you have highlighted such as the rooms, cleanliness and brightness of the hotel and the friendliness of the hotel staff.
I am disappointed to see that your stay with us was disrupted by the air-conditioning and low pressure from your shower. Our Maintenance and Housekeeping teams are continuously trying to ensure that all rooms and facilities are fault free and are to a high standard that our guests expect and deserve.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I always stay at this Holiday Inn Express when I travel to Milton Keynes, or when I have business meetings in London. It's convenient, clean and quiet. The beds are always nice and comfortable, the staff are always pleasant and the location makes it easy to get where you need to go if you are driving. If you don't drive, it's just a short bus or taxi ride to the main train station to get into London (45mins or so?). Even with the price of the ticket, it's still cheaper to stay here than in London and you're pretty much guaranteed a better hotel!

The hotel's breakfast bar is nicely done with lots of choices. They offer plenty of newspapers for people to read, and usually have the news or something current on the tv if you want to relax in the bar with a drink. There's a good restaurant across the parking lot that serves a tasty meal for a good price. Would recommend this hotel for families as well. Lots of space!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

The whole team always feel really encouraged when they receive positive reviews like this, so I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Milton Keynes.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

normal holiday inn express room ok clean and in good state of repair. Reception was very efficent but cold not warm and welcoming like all the other holiday inns i have stayed at. Next visit to Milton Keynes will try the Holiday Inn just over the motorway as heard good reports about it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Sarah8118, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback in reference to your stay at the hotel and the positive points that you have highlighted such as the rooms, cleanliness of the hotel and the efficiency of the Reception team.
I am disappointed to read you felt your greeting at the hotel was cold and unwelcoming. Our team pride themselves on the customer service we deliver and this is often recognised by guests as can be seen in other guest reviews, I know the team will be disappointed with themselves for letting you down.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

As above, I am here for 8 weeks, I was given the choice by work to book any hotel, upto £70 a night in Milton Keynes. I have read through reviews on tripadvisor and found this one looked better than most.
I stayed in a double room, but have opted for a King size next week to see whats different. My room has a good sized TV, 2 power sockets built into a desk, with some kind of modem point, but I dont really understand what this is for? Storage room is minimal but more than enough foe me, there are 6 hangers in an open wardrobe, which is built into a cabinet which has 2 large shelves and theres 3 more under the TV. Tea and Coffee, with what look like either really clean cups and kettles, or brand new. A plus for me is that I drink Decaff coffee and they put one of each in the tray. You get 4 towels, which are a little small, but i'm over 6 foot tall.
The desk in the room is perfectly sized for a laptop but most take their laptops into the lobby because its free wifi in there. I have opted to pay for 7 days wifi, as i'm a bit of a geek, Its a little expensive for me but I used it plenty. (£34ish). The rooms heating comes from air-con but I dont like heating so i just turn it off. The rooms have been very clean and well decorated, with the exception of a bad small ccoming from the drain when you run the water in the sink, think this may be a problem from the weather though? There is a phone in the room, but I didn't touh it. and plenty of reading lights everywhere. The shower is great, and warms up really quickly! The key cards for the doors are abit annoyig and can take several attempts to open.

I have used the bar in the evening and whilst a little expensive have found it to have everything I like and need. The staff have always had a smile on their faces and have been really helpful.There is a pool table and several large TVs which get turned up when the football is on, but this wasn't a problem as the lobby is really big and its nice to see the staff didn't mind people enjoying themselves. I have used local takeouts and supermarkets for dinner, but the bar do 12" pizzas for a tenner. I haven't tried an evening meal as they look expensive for what they are, but the Harvester pub which is right outside do a brilliant steak :)

Breakfast in the morning was great, an absolutley huge selection, Sausage, Scrambelled Egg, Toast, Bread, Tomatos, choice of hot drinks, juice, fruit, cerial, pastery, yoghurt, buns, theres more but I can't remember.

As I said earlier, every single employee has been really polite and friendly and always say good morning if you walk past. They real do make you feel liek they value your custom.

It took me minutes after getting off the M1 to find the hotel the first time, which makes the long drive down here a bit more bearable, knowing I dont have to drive around A roads looking for the place, plus as its in MK, it is on one of the best planned road networks in the country. I love this place, I haven't been stuck in traffic all week! Everywhere is connected with Dual Carraigeways! It seems to be designed around the american style blocks. It works really well!
There is also a great bike route and walk (both off and away from the roads) all arounf MK and behind the hotel is a really amazing large lake.

I have noticed also lots of adventure type things nearby and also stuff for fun days out.

As I will proberly be here for another 6 weeks, I will update this review should anything change, but will definatley recomend people to stay here and would stay here again.

Only thing missing was a pool or gym, but 'm sure the wife won't mind me putting some weight on :)

Room Tip: So far I've stayed in a double room, which also has a fold out sofa bed, but gives you loads of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write us a review and for giving your feedback on your last 2 stays with us. Our whole team prides themselves on their customer service levels and it is always rewarding to see our guests recognising this.
We hope you continue to enjoy your future stays with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back again next week.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel seems tired and uninterested. My room was scruffy and the AC unit was noisy. I turned it off, but every 10 minutes it would roar into life, making a good night's sleep difficult.

The toilet area of the bathroom smelled of urine.

Prices at the bar are ridiculous; £2.80 for a cappuccino?

Disappointed and I won't be staying here on future business trips.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay with us. Our Maintenance team and Housekeeping are continuously trying to ensure that all rooms and facilities are fault free and are to a high standard that our guests expect and deserve.
I am disappointed to learn that you do not intend to return to this property and hope that your time with us has not detoured you from staying with other properties within the group.