“Excellent guesthouse in the countryside”

Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 32 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Uppsala
“Excellent guesthouse in the countryside”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a wonderful, pieceful night at Woodleys after a stressful day when we were trying to find our way on very narrow and small roads from Chipping Campden to Milton Keynes. Once at the guesthouse everything was perfect! The guestrooms had comfortable beds and high quality linen, the bathroom was great. The atmosphere was very friendly and Gill was so helpful and nice. When we had breakfast (fabulous, nothing was missing) Gill prepared a huge map and a detailed handwritten description of how we should find our way to Bletchley Park. Still we missed one turn, but that was definitely not because of the Gill's instructions. Bletchley Park, the codebreaking centre used during second world war, is for sure worth a visit if you are in the neighberhood. Very good guides and a fascinating story. And we highly recommend that you stay at Woodleys guesthouse!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gunilla U
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you all so much for your review. You weren't having much luck with directions were you !!

I'm glad you got to Bletchley Park and enjoyed the day. It was lovely to meet you all.

My Best Wishes

Woodleys Farmhouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a great couple of nights stay and will definitely be back. Room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. In a peaceful location, I would highly recommend this B&B. Breakfast was also 5 star.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart R
I am really pleased you enjoyed your weekend stay here at Woodleys and thank you for taking the time to write your review. Always Always grateful :)

Kind regards

Lincs
Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a wonderful place.
From first booking, Gill was very friendly and helpful, emailing directions etc. A lovely friendly but unobtrusive lady, I felt the standard of room was excellent, very clean and fresh, The house had a very welcoming homely feel to it and I would strongly recommend it to anyone wanting that quiet charm away from the madness of everyday life.
Although my early leave meant I couldnt partake in breakfast, speaking with her led me to discover she is keen to cater for any dietary needs ( Wheat, gluten free, etc)
I had a lovely very comfortable night and a wonderful hot bath before leaving
So Huge Thankyou to Gill...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you Kindly for your review. And yes a shame you had to leave so early and missed breakfast but I hope you had a great eventful day at the Buszi !.
I am certainly more than happy to help cater for different dietary needs as I know how difficult it can be. However, it is much better for guests to let me know when they make the booking so that I can be prepared. I do often have gluten free cereals and dairy/lactose free yogurts, but knowing in advance I can offer a bit more of a choice.

Best wishes
London
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Brilliant guesthouse set in idyllic countryside a short walk from Woburn Sands. Gill is the perfect hostess and made sure our stay was comfortable. The quality of the guestroom and general hospitality is exceptional. Very clean, good-sized room with ample facilities. Excellent breakfast with a wide variety of choices. Various eating options for evening meal within 15 minute walk into Woburn Sands. We recommend the Swan pub which residents of Woodleys receive 10% off, although remember to take one of Gill's cards. Ample secure parking. All in all, excellent. Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ms24sp
Your kind review is so greatly appreciated, thank you so much. I hope to see you both again :)

With Best wishes

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Perfect place to stay.
Gill was extremely friendly and helpful - lovely welcome.
Rooms was spotlessly clean with contemporary decor. Very comfortable.
The breakfast was amazing - the usual cereals and yogurt, but Gill provides fresh fruit salad, made with all fresh fruit - no tinned pineapple here. There are fresh teacakes and a range of artisan breads for toast. More fresh fruit available as well. And all that is before she offers a full cooked English breakfast, with 'real' British butchers sausages and bacon, with perfect eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans! Phew!
Excellent, excellent, excellent - definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5 which had refurbished ensuite - very comfortable and lovely contemporary decor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Caroline35H
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
So kind of you, I feel very privileged to meet such lovely guests as yourself. Hopefully I will see you again when on another trip to Hanslope.

Kind regards

North West
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a wonderful B&B it's very reasonable so if your fed up with overpriced B&B in Milton Keynes then look no further. It's a great find and I shall be using this each time I work in Milton Keynes. Gill is just amazing and you couldn't wish for a nicer host and made me feel really welcome and comfortable straight away. The place is spotless and the bed was so comfortable, I haven't got a bad word to say about Woodleys it just a shame I haven't discovered it earlier, I travel all over the UK with work and this has to be my favourite place, I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you, I'm so glad you felt comfortable and relaxed here. It's always a bit daunting going somewhere new. But you are such a bubbly person I'm sure you get on with most. I shall look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

My best wishes

Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Woodleys Farmhouse is a wonderful place to stay. Gill is incredibly welcoming and friendly. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, and it was wonderfully quiet. Altogether, it was excellent, and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello to both of you and thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was so nice meeting and talking with you over breakfast. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your weekend stay here and that your trip to Bletchley Park was well worth while.

With Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Keynes
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
The Woburn Hotel
#3 of 35 in Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!