“Superb Quality Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Sandgate, United Kingdom
“Superb Quality Hotel”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Many are quick to criticise hotels generally, so I wanted to write and say that we thought this Hotel was superb.
The location is a bit difficult to find if you are not from the area as the MK Dons Stadium is not the best signposted from the M1! However once you get there - wow - what a location! Even for non-football fans - the arena is amazing (we had room overlooking the pitch).
The Restaurant was very good - with the Maitre D recommending several dishes together with the appropriate wine. We took his selections - and the food was delightful.
The room looked as if it was brand new - a credit to the staff for keeping it in such good shape. Every member of staff the we came across was attentive and very pleasant.
Having stayed in several in the Hilton chain over the years - the rest have a bit of catching up to do.
Thank you Doubletree MK for a wonderful stay!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Hi

I have just finished a long day of meetings and decided to log onto the site to see how the hotel is performing. I came across your review and I have to say you have just made my evening so much more enjoyable!! It is moments like this that remind me that it is worth it. I was delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and I know my team will be just as proud when they read it as well. Thank you for taking the time and effort and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
England
Reviewed August 30, 2010

After reading several reviews (some of those from tripadvisor) i selected the doubletree for a 3 night stay in August while working in the area.
Imagine someone decided to try to build a chic, modern style hotel but was given about a quarter of the budget they needed - this is the doubletree.
If you think this is a nice hotel then you must usually stay in bad 3* accommodation as only then could this seem nice.
I will summarise my stay:
- Noisy - bathroom fans don't turn off ever, even when switched off
- Food was shocking, i mean shocking
- Rooms anywhere near the lifts will get the annoying lift arrived noise resonating through the room
- Everything was cheap. The fixtures and fittings were all new and modern but budget version and bordering on tacky
- Staff were friendly enough
- Central location, lots of parking, easy to find

It is cheap to stay here; i guess you get what you pay for. I would never return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank johnnycage
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Hi

Thanks for sharing your review with us and i must say I was dissappointed in the way you have chosen to review the hotel. We have made every effort to provide a comfortable stay, a warm welcome (and cookie) to everyone and I believe we have done a great job so far however as they say you can't win them all.

Good luck.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as a friend was having a surprise 30th birthday party in Milton Keynes.

For the price I paid (£55 advance rate) this was great value.

The hotel is situated within MK Dons football stadium, so is well signposted from the major motorways.

Check is was very quick (delicious cookie as well), and my room was up to the high standard of previous hiltons that I have visited.

My room overlooked the football pitch, which is great for all football saddos!

Breakfast was included in the price and was very good.

The only downside I can come up with was that unlike other hilton hotels the room did not have sky sports so i could watch the football!

Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob A
Hi

"First class review" - thank you.

It was great to read your comments especially being so positive about the football stadium, its nice to hear that fans of football really do appreciate the view and surroundings. Good to hear we have another fan of the cookie as well. I take your point about Sky and will definitely take this into consideration in the future. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay and more importantly that you felt you received value for money.

Thanks
Woburn
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The food is absolutely awful and so is the drink it is served in a paper cup if you are there for a business exhibition, it is cold, unappetising and completely inedible. I would advise you to pop to Asda next door or bring your own food. This is the largest single venue in Milton Keynes so if you are planning something you may do better to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Hi

I am really disappointed that we have not delivered against your expectations and it is critical for me to understand more details of what went wrong during your stay. It sounds like you stayed with us during an evening home game and would be interested to hear how we could improve things.
Please could I ask that you contact me at the hotel so that we can discuss the shortfalls in more detail? Tel number - 0845 45 45 045.