“Wifi support excellent”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Wifi support excellent”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I only used this location for a business meeting in the morning. I had to rely on the WiFi.

Often free wifi is difficult to make work and the local staff have no idea what to do, but not here. They provide simple credentials on request, and when it failed to work there was easy prompt and efficient telephone support, that got me up and running.

THis is a pleasant surprise and essential for the meeting I had, without the need for the usual expense of the paid-for service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelMiltonKeynes, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we hope you join us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Room service food is probably one of the worst I have has this year - sent it back twice. Won't be risking a third time I will have to starve.

Can't wait to check out of here in the morning.

The catering manager did call to offer something else but I have lost confidence the quality of the food does not appear to be available in the kitchen so I won't be risking it.

My first room had a v noisy fridge that I couldn't turn off when I I said to the duty manager it was very noisy he said "it's a fridge" I stay in hotels every week with silent fridges so I'm never going to accept a room with overly noisy appliances.

He did change my room but made it very clear it wasn't an upgrade (I wasn't looking for an upgrade I just wanted a comfortable warm executive room that I had booked)

My guess is they buy the cheapest food possible but still sell an "executive" room experience which clearly this is not. A Premier Inn has more to offer at a cheaper price.

They are keeping operational costs down at the expense of the customers.

The staff are very obliging & friendly but they are not really in a position to affect the issues I have experienced.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank CatK2000
HotelMiltonKeynes, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and will investigate the issues raised during your time with us.

Thank you for your feedback.
london
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having checked in to a delux room, I realised (and this is no doubt in the fine print) that I have no robe, no slippers, and no WATER?! These are 'executive' features. No water? Really?

The food in the ballroom (at an event) was absolutely awful, it wasn't just tasteless it was aggressively nasty! Starter was chicken liver pate on a piece of toast - it had been plated using an ice cream scoop so was a huge snowball of pate. It was grey on the outside, pink on the inside. Main course was turkey wellington, soggy on the outside and dry on the inside with half a parsnip and a sort of potato dauphinoise. It was cold. Then came cranberry creme brulee which was horrible. The format was OK - crispy top and smooth underneath but it just tasted like burnt cranberry.

I ordered breakfast to my room in the morning and that was pretty bad too. It's not easy to ruin a full english but the bacon, sausages and beans were cold, the tomato wasn't cooked. I didn't try the eggs but the hash browns were straight out of a frozen packet

So... even though I'll have to go back to MK, I won't be staying at the doubletree!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rj w
Disappointed to read your feed back, If you could let me know which event you attended it would be helpful. Maybe you could contact my colleague Jacqui on 01908 364184.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Regular satisfied customer at this hotel, however, wish I had not taken my partner on this occasion.I made such a fuss about how good it was & I was royally let down. Room was clean & well equipped as usual & front desk staff polite & friendly, however, Saturdays nights meal in the restaurant was well below standards. An unedible, uncooked meal was served & had to be returned & what came back to the table was almost as bad the first serving. Duck breast swimming in blood despite asking for it well done. Staff were incredibly helpful, however. Breakfast in the morning was chaotic & disorganised. Ordered a pot of coffee & tea, which we poured out & left the table to go to the buffet. Returned to the table to find everything being cleared away & empty sugar sachets being dropped into the freshly served steaming hot tea/coffee mugs! The waitress said she thought we had left. Why? She had just brought the tea/ coffee to us less than one minute beforehand & our belongings were all still on the seat. Was brought new mugs but had to ask for more coffee & tea as she had taken away the first lot. The breakfast was dreadful, everything was cold. Very, very disappointed. Was going to go back for another Xmas shopping trip but will have to finid somewhere else to stay. Such a shame as I loved this hotel/service & restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mrs M
Apologies, it certainly sounds like on this occasion our service wasn’t up to scratch. It would be good to know the date of your visit, if you get a moment could you let my colleague Jacqui know, you can call her on 01908 364184.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
Leeds
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pleasant receptionists, nice public areas, very well appointed rooms, (some with views of the pitch) very good breakfasts. This hotel doesn't do anything wrong and is definitely one of the best in Milton Keynes, far quieter than the central region ones, and much more comfortable, but of course far less convenient as it is far from anywhere else to eat.
The disappointment is that the rooms only have showers, (at least the ones I have stayed in) rather than baths. Nice range of toiletries.

Room Tip: The pitch-side rooms are quieter and have an interesting view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us, you may be surprised to know that the majority of our rooms currently have baths rather than showers.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
England
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have recently become cynicla about hilton after so dodgy stays but this came as a nice surprise, despite the road works, found the parking no problem ( a plus for MK ) bit of a queue at checking ( more staff at busy periods?) but the room was excellent, clean Warm and inviting, I would happily compare it with Marriots, and hopefully this marks a turn round in Hilton standares

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for one night after Christmas shopping in Milton Keynes.
Nice modern room overlooking football stadium. The bathroom was a bit of a let down as the water was not hot enough for me but I overcame this by topping the bath up with boiling water from the tea making kettle .
The room was bit cold but the a/c controls were user friendly so I was able to up the temp a few degrees.
The location is on a retail park which is why we chose this hotel as we were able to visit IKEA the next morning.
All in all a nice hotel and will stop here again next time we have some serious shopping to do.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kingy442012
Pleased you enjoyed your time with us, the brand new retail site next door is now open, so please join us for some more retail therapy soon!