I booked a standard double well in advance as part of a birthday trip to treat my partner. I called a few days before to upgrade the room but an upgrade was not available because an MK Dons match was on and they were not allowed to let rooms overlooking the stadium, which is fair enough. When we arrived, I was very happy with the size, design and luxuriousness of the room for the price I had paid- it was very good value for money and had eveything you could have wished for.
One slight niggle was the fine layer of dust over the tea and coffee area including the kettle.
The bed was extremely comfortable, and the controllable air-conditioning was a real bonus.
However there was a very major drawback to this lovely room- there was a door which joined it to the room next door which, although locked, let through every tiny sound from its occupant. We could therefore hear carrier bags rustling, phone conversations, bath running, hairdyer going and so on, so as well as being woken up by this guest's alarm at 5.30 am. we were unable to get back to sleep afterwards! A total nightmare.
Additionally, we had ordered a room service breakfast at 8 as a treat the next morning and because we had to get going at 9am. By 8.30 it still hadn't arrived, so we concluded that were we to call reception they would tell us it was on its way and probably hold us up even longer, so we left. I complained about the noise from the next room and about the fact that breakfast had not arrived, and unfortunately the reception staff member did not seem to care less. He reluctantly asked me if I would like the Duty Manager to call me so that I could discuss the matter with him, but I did not receive a call, needless to say.
What a shame! A near perfect hotel, beautifully appointed and conveniently located, which I would love to stay in again- if only their customer service was up to scratch, and they sorted out the design flaws to the adjoining rooms.
I'm not especially snobby about hotels, but the one thing I hate is bad service and noise, so this really irritated me and spoilt what should have been a perfect stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive hotel and conference venue is built into Stadium MK, home of MK Dons football Club and Arena MK. Modern,tasteful design has been applied throughout to create a relaxing, inspirational venue for work and pleasure.We currently offer 304 bedrooms, 17 conference and event spaces, two public bar areas plus, unique to Milton Keynes - pitchside restaurant which has views out to the stadium. We are also delighted to offer all of our guests complimentary car parking and WiFi. Our friendly yet professional team have been trained to anticipate your needs, it is our pleasure to ensure that your time with us is the best it possibly can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes United Kingdom