“Good location.nice rooms-avoid match days”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here to surprise my mrs. as we drove from London in the evening.checked in about 10pm. They could not find me on the system as I booked via Lastminute.com so they took pre authorization from my card and gave me keys. fair enough. went into the room and found someones boxers lying behind the sofa. Called reception and got our room changed alongwith apologies and complimentary drinks from Night shift manger,Daz I think his name was.Inroom facilities were good.TV etc. We went stayed two nights as we were visiting Woburn and I would suggest this is the perfect hotel to book if you are visiting Woburn safari. Its only a short 5 miles ish drive to there. Parking was free but I was told that because this hotel is attached with the MK dons stadium, it gets crowded and parking is no longer free then. also it can get difficult to get into the hotel when a match is on. However we left early morning and came late in the evening after a couple of hours of the game finishing and it was okay.
Breakfast was good and warm and the waiters were attentive,which was a pleasing change from most other hotels.
Relatively easy to get into city centre too.Hotel located to 24 hours ASDA so another positive.

All in all good value for money.

Room Tip: we got a room on higher floor which was good as the lower floors would be getting lots of noise from...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Hi

Firstly let me apologise for the dirty room that you entered originally. We pride ourselves on our brand and the cleanliness in the hotel. I have raised this as a matter of urgency to be looked at with the Housekeeping Team. I am however, delighted that our reception team recovered the situation so well and it appears you had a very enjoyable stay.

With regards to parking, it is in fact complimentary for hotel guests throughout their stay despite football events. If you have been charged, can I ask that you contact me at the hotel on: 0845 45 45 045.

Thanks for your great review!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We booked the hotel as we were visiting someone in the area and there was a very attractive package £104 for evening meal, overnight stay and breakfast. We had a pitch side view There was a match plus the Cup Final.

I didn't find it very noisy at all, even though we didn't really come for the match and we were treated very well. The hotel was very clean, we also used the gym which was also very good.

The evening meal was very good. Bar and restaurant facilities were excellent

Basic internet was fine. I would definitely stay at the hotel again if I was in the area

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi

Great to see such a positive review whilst we have a football game at the hotel. Its certainly a very unique setting when we have these events on and great for our guests to enjoy.

I have passed your kind comments on to the relevant teams and they were delighted to receive your feedback.

Hopefully we will be seeing you again soon upon your return to Milton Keynes!

Thanks

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Visted with some friends and I have to say that the bar staff was spot on! However on a side note the menu was a bit pants and didnt offer very much choice

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vince R

Hi

Thank you for your review! It sounds like the bar team certainly proved a success during your stay. With regards to the menu, the bar menu is limited, however, for a greater choice in the hotel the restaurant has an extensive menu to choose from.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Thanks

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Visited Doubletree by Hilton Milton Keynes on 26 April 2012 for a one night stay.It's a lot better than last time,maybe no football game on???They even upgrade me to a room looking at the football ground. The basic Internet are working ,if you want High speed, you can pay under GBP 10 for a day for more bandwidth.
The shower in room was not working too well,told the front desk to check it before I left.
The food serve at the pub are just basic,could do better.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Hi

Thank you for your review. Good to see we have had the opportunity to welcome you back and our team have quite obviously made your stay very comfortable.

I will double check with the maintenance team that the shower has been looked at and repaired, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great hotel good rooms all the facilities you expect from a true 4star hotel! No complaints here. Breakfast was very good , value was great , we upgraded to a pitch view room ,think it was my wife's first visit to a football stadium! Staff very good & helpful.
Only downside was not down to the hotel. Taxis in MK are very expensive from Central MK to the hotel, even local advised us which taxis to avoid as they thought they were expensive.
Good stay for my wife & I?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Hi

Thank you for your great review. Our pitchside rooms are a great way for a newcomer to stadiums to be introduced to this amazing view. Great to hear that it was a success!

Thanks for your comments about Taxis in MK, we certainly will mention it to the taxi firms we use.

Many thanks

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here in Feb 2012 to attend a works function. Everything as it should be , rooms great , parking excellent , nice touch with the warm cookies on arrival

Good Stuff !!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Hi

Thanks for your review, great to hear that we are meeting you expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Another successful cookie introduction too!

Thanks again

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a great stay. Loved the free cookies at check-in, and the free newspaper in the morning. The room was spotless and looked out onto the pitch! I'd stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of the hotel your review simply say it all. Good to hear the room was spotless as we do pride ourselves in keeping the hotel clean and sparkling. I hope we can look forward to you returning shortly.