DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)
  • Pool
2,097 results
All reviewsfootball stadiummk donscookiespitch sidematch dayspitchside restaurantpitch viewterrace barwarm cookie on arrivaldouble treefootball groundretail parkfootball matchlovely hotelgood sizecar parkroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here for four nights with two colleagues in January, 3 standard rooms on the second floor overlooking the free car park and away from the lifts and bar. The room was as expected so i'll comment more on the niggles; Very clean, small size double bed, TV, kettle, tea/coffee, air-con, desk & chair, table & soft chair, radio alarm clock, wardrobe, Iron and board, electronic safe & bathroom.
The safe was just deep enough for a 15” laptop.
The pillows were not great.
Duvet was very thin, (summer tog), weather outside 0 to -4 at night.
Rooms were modern and everything in good condition.

Air con had more options than needed, it was quite cold, so set it to 24, woke up at 4am freezing, missed the “ON” button above the control flap... DOOH.
The air con was “quiet” compared to many other rooms that i have stayed in.

Large 32” wall mounted Sony bravo TV, standard freeview channels, no program guide, and very slow to change channel.

Standard bathroom, large fixed head shower over the bath, soap, gel, shampoo and conditioner provided. I used the shower quite a bit, there was always plenty of hot water, don’t mess with the controls as it can get VERY HOT.. ouch. Good size towels provided and heated towel rail.

I did not find the Hotel “that” noisey, it was quite busy, yes the banging doors and noise of people dragging chairs across the floor above are annoying, i’d have ear plug on standby as you can’t cater for other inconsiderate hotel users. I personally would not let my door bang late at night, but i do want my door to be shut when i leave the room, the doors are big and heavy, so the automatic shutter does this for you... that said it would not take that my effort or cost to reduce the amount of noise the door closing makes...
Match night: Roads and carpark is heaving an hour before kick off, make sure you ask if and when any matches are on during your stay. I dare say, that if you not into football and get a stadium side room on match night, you are not going to have a great evening in the hotel. You can hear the fans and speaker system from the non-stadium side rooms also, but it’s not that bad, and pretty much stopped around 10pm for the match going on during our stay. Excluding half time the bar was pretty quiet during the match also. There is a lot of security on site during the match night, and they constantly ask to see your door pass when entering the hotel and lobby, i was fine with this as it should prevent any trouble makers or dubious characters casing the hotel or guessed.

2nd floor bar is OK, very limited choice of draught beers, so only used as a night cap before hitting the pillow.
Restaurant looked fine, I prefer to eat out, rather than stay in the hotel, and so I can’t comment further, we did not try the down stairs bar.

Wi-Fi: The Wi-Fi was listed as free, so I have no idea why the reception asked in I wanted complimentary Wi-Fi OR Gym use, anyway, I did not see the Gym so can’t comment there, the Wifi was easy to log into and was fit for purpose, the speed was fine for business use and Skype video also worked fine.

Breakfast: Much better value than the European breakfast I’ve been used too, sausages, bacon, and mushrooms were very tasty, scrambled egg was good, pouched eggs not that great, needed to ask for fresh ones a couple of times, no fried eggs, coffee never seemed to be that hot, no bread rolls and very thin bread slices let it down a bit. Fruit, jams, and cereals as expected. Well worth the £10.
Location: Obviously right next to MK stadium, nothing much of interested in walking distance, it’s near IKEA, and an ASDA Wal-Mart is a 2 minute walk away. You would need a taxi or car to go for a night out. Looks like the car park area needs to be finished off and there was construction going on opposite the hotel.

In summary, nice modern, clean hotel, non pretentious, reasonable service, minor niggles, nothing amazing or outstanding, but good value. Good for a business stay, and would stay again. For the price range, and Standard room, i’d rate as better than average.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Hi

Wow what a detailed review of the hotel so thanks for taking the time and for putting in so much effort. Sorry to hear you had a few niggles and I will make sure we take these on board to resolve them.

I am please you had an enjoyable stay especially as the football was on at the same time.

I hope to see you agan soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Has the potential but the doors keep banging all night

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rd3audi

Hi

Straight to the point - I will of course review why doors are banging with the hotel engineer as all doors are securely pinned back on an automated fire release mechanism.

Can't provide an answer now, but will commit to finding a solution.

Hope we welcome you back soon

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I try and let this so called Doubletree Hilton Milton Keynes to fixed what's going wrong during my stay,but 3 months gone by, not even a phone call or letter from anybody saying sorry!!!Well,I better rate this hotel for Terrible POOR!!!
I booked a room to stay from 5th Nov.2011 and check out on 7th Nov.2011,using their advance paid room rate.Due to the football game, I check in early at 11:30 am,so that I can parked my car and call a taxi to the train station,going to London. I asked three time during check in:Can I parked in that area?? Yes,you can, you are our room guest,no problem!! So, I put my baggage into my room, called a taxi on my mobile,go back downstair and waiting for the taxi to show up. Suddenly,I know I forgot my camera in the car,so I go and get it, at the same time, a lady show up with a MK D football club parking assistant ID telling me to move my car to the other side of the car park.She told me that is an area for VIP and football player only.
To cut a long story short, I moved the car to the other side, I missed my Taxi,called another one ,wait time 45 mins,missed the train to London!!!
Anyhow, Back into my room at 2:45 pm, try and use their free in room internet(wired) and WiFi,Try over an hour (both of them)with no luck,with error Msg. saying Too many Subscribers are already logged in, Please try again later!!
Not a good evening in their hotel bar even, they're out of draft Boddington,and they sold me bottle of London Pride for the same price as draft beer!!

Next Morning, 6 Nov,Sunday inside my room, I left 1/2 bottle of water,some food and cold cuts inside the fridge ,taken most of my baggage with me,and going to London in my car.Back to this so called DOUBLETREE HILTON @ 21:30, to my surprise,they cleaned everything out from my room!!! Except the 1/2 bottle of water!!

Do you like to stay in a such a hotel?? If this kind of THINGS happen in USA or CAN Hilton,I will have all my money refuned and nights free stay!! But with this one, NOTHING!! Because I am an advance paid customer!! The Manager on duty even say she can do nothing about the refund,but she will call my mobile as soon as she found out whose cleaned out my room on Sunday by mistake....but up till now, no phone call or letter!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Hi

I am most disappointed to read the details of your review and clearly on this occasion we have made several errors and a breakdown in our internal communication. I can see from your review there are a number of issues still unresolved and I would welcome the opportunity to personally to address these with you. Please can I ask you to contact me direct at the hotel on 0845 45 45 045, and I am confident we can resolve your issues.

As a result of reading your review I have spent considerable amount of time with the management team, reviewing how and why we got our internal communications wrong and why you were not contacted. This is clearly unacceptable.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed overnight here recently as was working very nearby. Booking was made by the company so I did not know what to expect.
Firstly , free, no fuss car parking . ( Although not sure what like on match days, worth checking ?! ) Hotel is part of the MK Dons stadium and next to a giant ASDA store and Ikea so quite easy to find.

Very clean contemporary reception area and check-in was trouble free. I was even given a complimentary giant cookie !
The spacious double room had a king size bed , huge Sony flat screen TV on wall , and the usual desk area / with large mirror and easily accessible plugs. My room backed on to the pitch and had double doors which opened out to your own stadium seats for match days. ( doors were locked though ! ) Also has a small area with kettle etc .Bathroom very swish , powerful shower , good size bath with unlimited hot water.
I didn't use the bar / restaurant but did have room service which was reasonably priced ( as room service goes ) and food was good.
I did stay mid week so didn't experience any noise from parties etc as other reviewers have commented
Had good air conditioning / heating but would of been nice to be able to open a window for some good old fashioned fresh air !
Overall a good clean modern hotel which I would recommend if staying one or two nights in the area

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Hi

Thanks for a really detailed review of our hotel and for such great comments. Really pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and more importantly that you would recommend our hotel.

I noted your question about match day parking, we actually allocate complimentary hotel parking for hotel residents, ensuring zero complication during football matches.

Look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Short and sweet review....

Hotel lovely, food nice, warm reception, rooms lovely and clean and bathrooms also.

Just one thing.... Why put the red flashing smoke detectors directly over the bed?? Trying to sleep with intermitant red flashing light can be pretty tricky. Why not put them in the corridor next to the door? Can still be in the room but in a less obtrusive place!!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank MonkeyCheshire

Hi

From a guest point of view your are absolutely right and I totally understand your comments. But from a building regulations and fire safety perspektive the regulations determine the location of the fire heard which in this case is over the bed, as statistically this where the majority of fires start.

The reason the light was flashing was that the fire alarm had gone into pre-alarm, warning the hotel team of a potential risk. The flashing light is not something that is on normally.

I hope you didn't loose too much sleep as a result of our fire safety equipment.

Thanks