“One of the best in Milton Keynes”

Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The rooms are modern and cosy but still spacious. Facilities are all good. The bar is superb and restaurant is close to faultless. Free parking, quiet location, good service and great value. Hard to knock.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the golf course have the best view but all rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DanDavidson
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and for giving us a five star rating. I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the service exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your comments with my entire team and we are all looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were two couples staying here for one night. Both rooms had a fusty smell, floors creaked, and our safe did not work. My PJs smelled so badly that I could not wear them again without washing them. In addition there was only one key per room. Breakfast was fine. Overall, most disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank EMA47

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments however I was very disappointed to read about your experience. As you can see from our overall ranking cleanliness is of the highest importance in our hotel and we do have a very high level of cleanliness and attention to detail so I was surprised to read that you found issues with the odour in your room please accept my sincere apology and assurance that this is not a usual issue in our hotel. I do wish that we would have been given the opportunity to deal with your concerns during your stay as we have a 24 hour guest service line available to make sure that all guest concerns are dealt with.

I was very pleased to read that you did enjoy your breakfast and we do hope that you will give us another chance and visit us again to try the true Mercure service,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was very surprised by this hotel in a good way. Right off the motorway and there are signs to direct you to the hotel, it's in a housing complex which is confusing but anyway it's there and from the outside didn't look that nice.
walked into reception and it's exactly like the pictures on their website, modern and welcoming. The rooms are very nice (nicer than most Hiltons I've stayed in) clean, nice bathroom with double shower, big comfortable bed which is a little high and coffee making facilities.
I used the gym which looks out onto the golf course and this again is modern clean and has air con which users can control (doesn't have that in the hilton)
Anyway I thoroughly recommend this this hotel, I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, it was truly a pleasure to read about your stay with us especially your comments regarding our beds as we do pride ourselves of having the best beds in Milton Keynes.

My team and I are all looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Milton Keynes,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Arrived Friday evening having travelled 140miles south so that we were near Silverstone Circuit for the guys to enjoy a Porsche experience day on Saturday. As we drew nearer we seemed to be in a housing estate & from the outside the building looks like a Residential Home but upon entering it is anything but
that with modern fresh interiors; fabulous Molten restaurant cooking steaks on molten volcanic rock is a speciality. & good fun. The staff are amazingly helpful, efficient, professional and friendly. A rare find - we'll be back, thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review and for giving us a 5 star rating. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your comments with the entire team. Moltens Restaurant will shortly be launching a new menu so I am sure that you will find some good surprises on there for your next visit.

If you are staying with us over the weekend I would suggest you try our much acclaimed Curry Night which is served every Friday or why not get a free late checkout and have a lazy Sunday Lunch when you check out.

Again thank you for your review my team and I are all looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was in a very good position for travelling, close to the main A5 road ( and a link to the M1 ) but also not far into Milton Keynes. It's in a residential area, good parking and quiet, next door to a golf club. The room was really excellent, we requested a twin and was able to push beds together to make a 6', the really most comfortable beds. As one other reviewer put, they are high but it makes getting in and out easier especially if you are less mobile. The bathroom as with the bedroom, looked newly refurbished, very smart and modern, excellent walk in shower and water pressure, would have benefited from a hand rail though. The hotel is on one level from the car park and although there isn't a lift, it was only about 5 steps up to the bedrooms and there was a floor raising lift along side it for a wheelchair or if you were not able to manage steps. Friendly and welcoming staff. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and for giving us a five star rating. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our beds comfortable, we do pride ourselves by having the best beds in Milton Keynes and I was happy to read that the beds exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your comments with our team who were all very pleased that you felt well looked after and we are all looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a wedding package for my daughters wedding here in May..the staff were so helpful and friendly..the food was lovely and the service excellent...the rooms very very clean and of a high standard and beds so comfortable with a view of the golf course...very impressed..everything went very smoothly..a great breakfast too...a big thank you to all the staff..will definitely be visiting again and recommending to all my friends ! :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your 5 star rating of your stay with us. We know that a Wedding is a very special day for all involved and we do our outmost to make the day as enjoyable and relaxed as possible, I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the wedding and that all guests had an wonderful day.

I have passed on your comments to our team and we are all looking forward to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

really lovely comfy beds - a nit high if you're on the small side or i can imagine if a little older may be difficult to get in and out! Nice and clean and some nice product in the bathroom. Had room service which was quick and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review you recent stay with us. I must agree that the beds are very comfortable and we do pride ourselves by having the best beds in Milton Keynes, should guests require a lower bed base we also offer rooms that can accommodate this. Glad you enjoyed your room service and found our bedrooms to exceed your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back,