“Fantastic Hotel!”

Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. This is my fourth stay in Milton Keynes in five weeks and this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in yet!

The hotel was lovely, the rooms were spacious and modern. The bathroom was nice and big and very clean (double shower!) and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Iron, tea/coffee, hairdryer, bottled water and spare towels available in the room, not all of which are available in other hotels in the local area.

The food in the restaurant was outstanding, I ordered the steak which was cooked to perfection and the breakfast was great.

Very friendly staff on reception and in the restaurant.

My only criticism (small one) would be to have a different room as my room was situated directly next to the double doors leading to the bedrooms which were quite noisy when other guests were walking in and out,

I will definitely be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LaurenSuzanne
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, it was truly a pleasure to read your comments and I was very pleased that you had a enjoyable time with us. I must agree with you that our beds are outstanding and we do pride ourselves on having the best beds in Milton Keynes, also I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast the following morning.

I have taken note of the issue you reported with the noisy doors and our maintenance engineer have attended this and rectified the problem.

Again thank you for your feedback and we all hope to see you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My fourth trip to Milton Keynes in five weeks and far and away the best hotel that I have stayed in. The rooms offer all the things that one used to take for granted in good hotels but are quite often missing these days such as an ironing board and a bottle of water. The beds are huge and very comfortable, everything is clean and tidy and the food in the restaurant is first class. I really hope people do not read this review: I'd hate it if I couldn't get a room next time I want to stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank sdbman
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and your 5 star rating. I was very pleased to read that you have found our hotel to exceed your expectations we do pride ourselves of our bedrooms and the many unexpected extras such as heated flooring and demisted mirrors in our bathrooms.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team and we all look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights, two of which were the weekend and the hotel was full with functions and guest. Even so, the staff were attentive, the room beautiful and the room quiet. With a function in full seing just down the corridor i was concerend whether i would have a good night's sleep. There was no problem and I was glad. I had colleagues staying at another hotel and they had a very differnt story in the mornings.

The downsides are the menu was limited and, for me, a lttle bit boring. Some of the dishes are those i cook at home - probably not to the same standard. Secondly, i couldn't get the shower really hot. It had one of those rainfall overhead shower heads which aree lovely when you want to get fully wet- hair and all. The shower also had a standard shower but i coudnt get either to flow fast enough and hot enough to leave my skin tingling. Just what i needed after a long day.

Don't let either of these put you off staying here. It is a great place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kazzu

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the bedrooms to meet your expectations and found the team both professional and helpful.

I very much appreciate you feedback regarding the choice on our menu which I have shared with our chef, this will help us improve our services even further and make your stay even better in the future.

My team and I all look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at the Mecure Abbey Hill on many occasions over the past 8 months. I have consistently found all the staff to be very professional, extremely helpful and genuinely friendly. The rooms are very well appointed, comfortable and clean - the golf course views are an additional bonus. Breakfast is always a pleasure and having eaten dinner in the restaurant and had room service on many occasions I have found both to be excellent. I would like to commend the management on the high quality customer service culture which I have experienced with all staff from domestic staff, front desk, bar & restaurant and the reservations team at the hotel. As a seasoned female business traveller with in excess of 25nights experience at the Mecure Abbey Hill I believe I am qualified to say - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Debbie M

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review it was truly a pleasure to read your comments and I was delighted to read that as a long term guest you have enjoyed your stays with us and received a consistently good service from our team.

I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and found our restaurant to a high standard. Me and my team would like to thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been working in Milton Keynes for a few months and had stayed at 2 other hotels in the past weeks which were fit for purpose, a colleague Mr Moore recommended me to stay at the Mecure and explained that it would be no more expensive then where I was staying. Well I wish I had come sooner, upon arrival I was greater by Natalie & Tracey on reception, they had a lovely big smile and I felt a warm welcome! I was shown to my room and well what can I say a paradise, a super king size bed, underfloor heating, double shower, I could go on. I went to dinner with a few colleagues to Moltens Resturant for dinner, we were once again welcomed by professional and happy staff (Mike & Joanna). The food was amazing, I had the ribeye steak on the volcanic rock! Perfect! My colleagues had the duck and tuna steak! All cooked to perfection. Overall my stay has been absolute pleasure I will not be booking anywhere else, if you come to Milton Keynes for business, don't do basic, do luxury at a unbelievable price

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Addzster

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and the 5 star rating that you awarded us. It was truly a pleasure to read your feedback which I have also shared with the entire team.

My team and I are all looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night this week and the moment I walked through the doors I new I was not going to enjoy my stay, As I approached the reception desk the young girl on duty looked at me with a look of contempt on her face OK I do not wear a suit for work and it is not up to me where I stay but I expect to be treat the same as any other traveller So after sorting a minor problem with my booking I made my way to my room which when I entered it I thought I might have mistakenly entered the cold storage room for the hotel as the room was ice cold. So I had a cup of tea to warm up and turned off the air conditioning and then took a shower, However in the shower I had to remove the shower grating as it was stopping the water running away and it nearly overflowed onto the bathroom floor. Then went down to get something to eat and waited 20 minutes for my drink I ordered and there was only about four tables occupied so no I was not impressed.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GeordieRed

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read your stay with us did not meet your expectations please accept my sincere apology. I have shared your comments with the team and they have been most helpful.

We do hope that you will consider us again for future visits to Milton Keynes,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for one night last weekend, we stayed in the 'suite' with a golf course view. I would recommend this room as it has a very comfy bed 'be aware as it is very high'. The room had a nice coffee making machine which tasted gorgeous!! The bath also has a 'jacuzzi' feature which is very relaxing.

The only problem I had was when asking the reception about the bill, the receptionist came across very patronising towards me which was not needed.

Overall a great hotel with a lovely room, I would recommend this hotel for a short stay in Milton Keynes

Room Tip: Highly recommended to get a golf course view room, its worth the extra money
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie084
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our Suites and the view of the golf course. The suites are indeed good value as they offer extra space, minibar, Nespresso and of course the Jacuzzi baths which I agree are very relaxing.

I am very pleased that you would recommend us and we look forward to welcome you back,