“Personal service”

Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
“Personal service”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My colleges and I stay at this hotel quite often as we work for a premium motor brand facilitating in the local area. Having personally had a few doubts initially I was clearly wrong. My shower was not working so I thought (here we go) but within minutes it was all sorted. I then had an issue with the air con in my room and before I could raise my concerns it was fixed. I often have the pleasure of experiencing the premium service I expect from this company by being looked after by John. John works in the bar and restaurant and I honestly believe he is an asset to this business. He provides the personal yet professional service and makes the effort to go the extra mile for any customers within his reach. Given I am so hard to please generally, I highly recommend this hotel for an All round high level of
service.

• Stayed July 2013
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Leigh Bennett,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your resent stay, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will make sure to share yours with my team.

I was especially pleased that you felt well looked after during your stays and that the staff were attentive towards your every need. We are very proud of our hotel and our newly refurbished bedrooms and restaurant but as you pointed out the real stars are the staff and your comments will be shared with everyone,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Mads Nielsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night with my partner on our way up to Silverstone for the Grand Prix as we didn't want to have to get up too early. We had booked a superior room and were very pleased. The room was big with a huge bed, in fact the bed was so comfy we both said we'd had the best nights sleep in ages. The hotel has recently been refurbished and it looks great, they've done a really good job. The staff were also helpful and efficient. The only negative comment I have is that there were huge piles of old tiles outside our bedroom window which was unsightly. We would definitely stay here again though - even if it were just for the bed.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kate S
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Kate S,

Thank you very much for your kind comments I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a great night sleep. I completely agree with you regarding our beds as they are very comfortable, the bases are built high as research shows that we sleep better when further off the ground.

Silverstone weekend was fantastic and exciting for me and my team as well as the hotel was completely full and the weather was beautiful so many guests choose to use our outdoor terrace for food and drink I hope that you got a chance to relax on the terrace after a busy day at the Silverstone track.

As the complete refurbishment of the hotel is just drawing to a close there are a few small things that we still need to finalise and I can assure you that the tiles you mentioned are being removed as part of the final drive to finish the hotel completely so during your next stay you will get to experience the finalised product of the hotel.

Again thank you for your comments my team and I are looking forward to welcome you back during your next visit,

Mads Nielsen,
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great room, staff and food, was great to see the hotel has been brought bang up to date since the last time I stayed a fair few years back will defo be going back as soon as I have an excuse. Which might not be to hard as there's a public 18 hole golf course right next door, the restaurants defiantly worth a mention with its volcanic rock go give it a try :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Holiday junkie,
Thank you for your kind words which I have shared with the entire staff, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Molten's Restaurant will soon be showcasing their new menu where there will be a few surprises added, I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the Volcanic Rock experience which we are also extending to include new exciting taste experiences.

Me and my entire team are looking forward to your next visit,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill Hotel room was very hot, there was a small fan in it but that didn't help my sleep. The only best think I can think of is the location. Close to Luton Airport in Milton Keynes.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Sharon B,

First let me apologise for the issues you faced with the air condition unit in your room, we have had some isolated incidents with the air condition units which has since been fixed, please accept my sincere apology.

The hotel has undergone an extensive refurbishment program upgrading all the bedrooms with a modern contemporary look with all the 4 star luxury extras that the modern day traveller will expect. Our lobby, bar and restaurant has been refurbished with light and bright colours with "Bring the outside inside" as the core of our design.

We are seeing great changes in our Restaurant and Bar at the moment and our spacious terrace is the perfect place to relax with a nice glass of wine or cocktail.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a truly hassle free stay on your next visit to Milton Keynes, again please accept my sincere apology and rest assured that the issues you faced has been rectified,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here on a one night business trip in Milton Keynes. After reading various reviews and having looked up the location, it seemed the best option available to me. Unfortunately, most of the central hotels were booked up due to the event I was attending.
However, as I had a car with me, getting there wasnt a problem, probably 5-10 mins to center in a taxi at about £5.
Rooms - Clean, spacious and had all the mod-cons you'd expect
Hotel - Clean, decent for a 3/4 star entry level hotel.

Didnt really stay around the hotel much, but had a lovely bar area and outdoor seating area, which was definitely a bonus.

All in all a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms had recently been re-painted... My colleague requested he be moved due to the smel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Danfelix,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to get positive feedback and I was very happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We are located in a quiet area of Milton Keynes but as you pointed out only 5 minutes away from the city centre.

I was delighted that you had a good night sleep and enjoyed the hotel facilities, me and my team are looking forward to your next visit,

Isle of Man
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was a lovely hotel in a nice setting, not too far from center but would not advise if you don't have a car. Rooms a decent size and the bathrooms are quite spacious and well equipped. Only giving four stars as there were still little things to gripe (like most places) about but I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Iomboi,

Thank you for your comments. I was very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the bedroom exceeded your expectations. All our bedrooms have been refurbished to the same high standard and very exciting changes are happening in our restaurant at the moment, our outdoor patio should hopefully be getting allot of sun this summer and is ideal for a relaxing drink after a busy day.

Me and my team look forward to your next visit,