“New lease of life”

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Darlington, United Kingdom
“New lease of life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel previously and only stayed here because my company books it never liked it here rooms where out dated etc etc
But now the rooms are fantastic clean and modern the food is fantastic had steak which comes on a sizzler impressed to be honest
Also a special mention to staff really nice very helpful they made time to chat and make sure everyone in restaurant was looked after
Looking forward to returning

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Charles U
Gill b, Front Office Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your brilliant feedback. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectation levels and offer great standards and service across the board with particular mention for the rooms and our Moltens restaurant, our new hot rock concept.

We hope you will continue to choose Mercure wherever possible for your accommodation needs and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice hotel,lovely clean newly refurbished room with comfortable king size bed,only stairs to allocated room,but help offered with bags,overlooked a car park...No instructions in rooms on how to turn on shower/bath but eventually worked it out!slightly tricky to reach controls as shower screen fixed in place, bath room floor had warm underfloor heating,no instructions for other heating/air con. Hot chocolate sachets on the hospitality tray but no biscuits!
Greeting on reception polite and professional, polite and cheerful waitress at dinner, evening meal acceptable but nothing to write home about. Breakfast competently completed and lots of choice.Checking out quick,polite and friendly.
However the reception staff were simply fantastic and scored 10/10 when after check out, I stupidly locked my car keys and all my belongings in the car, including my phone and purse and was due at an appointment nearby.They cheerfully and quickly found the relevant tel numbers rang the rac and allowed me to speak to both rac and my appointment, they passed on messages immediately regarding estimated time of arrival and calmed me down with their helpful, friendly and compassionate approach.THANK YOU. (The rac arrived promptly and sorted the car to allow me on my way quickly too !Phew!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank diana m
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on the amenities of our rooms, we are working on getting information in the rooms as soon as possible.
I am so pleased that our reception team we were able to exceed your expectation levels and that you managed to get your car quickly sorted, and that you enjoyed your breakfast and facilities of the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at the Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill a few weeks ago. It is simply the nicest place I have stayed in for a long time. Was checked in by Natalie and Colin (I think Colin was in training to help with his management duties) both gave me a warm welcome and were cheerful and helpful. I had a number of bags and again Colin was only too happy to help me carry them. The room was warm, clean, and looked lovely. Got settled in and went to the restaurant where yet again I was looked after by Colin and his team, his proper job is the bars manager. I had the HOT ROCK steak (you must try) and a nice glass of white wine followed by sticky toffee pudding. It was delicious.
Check out was a little slow but after such a pleasant stay that is a minor detail.
Over all it is a wonderful hotel with fantastic staff and is great value for money.
I will be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank quiao
Jon K, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found everything to be to your liking.

I will ensure that the individual team members mentioned are made aware of your high level of satisfaction and also inform the team generally that you enjoyed the levels of guest service offered.

It is good to note that you dined from the Moltens Restaurant menu and thoroughly enjoyed the experience - the food really does taste good straight off the volcanic rocks!

I am delighted to see that you hope to return, we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lovely hotel - great rooms - great service - couldn't ask for anything better. Very comfy beds!!
We were pleasantly surprised - great value for the price. Breakfast was the best I've had in this country - felt like one of those USA hotel breakfast
Huge selection and good standard. We are converted to Mercure brand.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Amyn810
Thank you for staying with us and for your brilliant feedback. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectation levels and offer great standards and service across the board with particular mention for the rooms and breakfast.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed overnight in this very welcoming hotel as were going to a Billy Fury evening in the area. The welcome that we received from the Receptionist was so good, she couldn't do enough for us to make our stay enjoyable. As it was our first stay, we were upgraded to a superior room, bed was so comfortable, furnishings and decoration was quite luxurious. Tea and coffee and refreshments in the room amongst other refreshments. Soft fluffy dressing gowns, cosy slippers, and very comfortable bath and shower.

Room Tip: You might like to say it is your first time to stay, they may give you an upgrade too !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments; I hope you also enjoyed your musical event locally. Your feedback in relation to the excellent service and facilities are most welcome, I will ensure these are passed on to the hotel team.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here because we had seen it on trip advisor and the room looked lovely. We had checked into a room in a hotel near the centre mk but the room was awful therefor decided to go to the mercure. This was a very good decision as the room was 10 times better. The hotel was very nice and the receptionist was very helpful. We had read the previous reviews which were negative because some of the rooms were old,they have now stopped using the old rooms so everyone should enjoy their stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma F
Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you found everything to your liking. We are also pleased that you found the receptionist to be very helpful during your stay and that we managed to vastly improve your on your inital perception of accommodation standards in Milton Keynes.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon
Arusha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We visited the Abbey Hill hotel and we were pleasantly surprised at the recent renovations which give the hotel a chic feel as well as how well the hotel was run and the excellent cuisine that we experienced . As a hotelier I was more than impressed and felt that having visited a few mercure branded hotels that this was the best of the brand that I have been too. The service was exemplary and upon looking at the rooms I could see that they were spacious , clean and most functional. In addition it's conveniently located and the staff are most helpful .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent comments following your stay with us, I am delighted that we appear to have exceeded your expectations on many levels.

Your wonderful comment regarding the standards being set here as compared to other Mercure properties are very kind, we certainly are doing our utmost to make this hotel a great place to stay. I will ensure that the owning company are made aware of your very positive thoughts relating to the refurbishment.

In closing, I will also make sure that the team area mdee aware of your positivity regarding the service and comfort levels along with the cleanliness. We truly hope to welcome you again soon.