“Average food. Poor service ”
Review of Strada - Milton Keynes - CLOSED

Strada - Milton Keynes
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Strada Milton Keynes is a part of the newly developed Hub MK overlooking the central piazza. The restaurant is the perfect place for taking a break from shopping, business lunches or private functions and has plenty of outside seating for al fresco dining. Strada Milton Keynes is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Average food. Poor service ”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The mozzarella starter I had was tiny but apart from that the food was reasonable. The main issue is with the restaurant and the staff. There are far too many small tables crammed in with uncomfortable chairs. The staff can hardly speak English and are very slow. We waited 25 minutes after eating for the table to be cleared and when it was we weren't offered a desert or the bill we had to flag a waiter down 10 minutes later and ask for it.

Aichi Prefecture, Japan
“Good italian”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Sometimes I visit Strada with TESCO voucher. I think Strada is good Itarian, Reasonable price and good taste pasta

Visited November 2012
Shefford, United Kingdom
“Strada MK”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday afternoon having booked we assumed it was in the main centre. It's about 5-10minute walk. We phoned the restaurant for directions and the response wasn't too helpful but we found it tucked behind Jury's hotel.
Good service, good food, I didn't enjoy the lemon trifle dessert but think that is more my taste than a bad dessert.
Portion sizes were good. Average children's menu.
We usually eat at Prezzo or Pizza Express but wanted to try something a little different and the menu was refreshingly different.
Would eat here again if in MK.

Visited August 2013
Miltton Keynes
“An excellent Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

With 7 fellow members of our Wine appreciation group this was my first experience of a Strada restaurant. It will not be the last time we visit a Strada if the standard is the same as this one. The settting was lovely with our own table with a view of the water feature at the Hub. The food and wine was excellent and very reasonably priced. The waiter was courteous and efficient and made our meal very enjoyable.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brian S
Manchester, England
“Lovely food, service could be better”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first visit to a branch of Strada and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was nicely designed and the menu had a good choice of dishes. I opted for bruschetta and the strozzopreti pasta with chicken and tomatoes. The bruschetta was good, served on two squares of thick focaccia bread and topped with olive oil and chopped tomatoes - not very garlicky but nice all the same. The pasta was delicious and the quantity was perfect - I usually find that restaurants seem intent to give you a massive portion of pasta much of which goes to waste, but this dish was perfectly sized for me. There wasn't a lot of chicken in the bowl, but what there was was tasty, and the sauce pleasantly fiery. I ended the meal with a semifreddo dessert with an espresso poured over the top and this was lovely - light but satisfying.

The only negative point was the service. There were a few waitresses dashing around the place but despite my being seated near the bar and the entrance I felt almost invisible at times, especially when I wanted to ask for the bill, then had a long wait to pay despite my using cash rather than a card. The staff were all very polite, but could have done with being maybe a little more attentive.

All in all I really enjoyed my meal and will definitely visit Strada again, but the service could be better at this outlet.

• Visited July 2013