“Strada MK”
Review of Strada - Milton Keynes - CLOSED

Strada - Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Strada Milton Keynes is a part of the newly developed Hub MK overlooking the central piazza. The restaurant is the perfect place for taking a break from shopping, business lunches or private functions and has plenty of outside seating for al fresco dining. Strada Milton Keynes is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visited on a Saturday afternoon having booked we assumed it was in the main centre. It's about 5-10minute walk. We phoned the restaurant for directions and the response wasn't too helpful but we found it tucked behind Jury's hotel.
Good service, good food, I didn't enjoy the lemon trifle dessert but think that is more my taste than a bad dessert.
Portion sizes were good. Average children's menu.
We usually eat at Prezzo or Pizza Express but wanted to try something a little different and the menu was refreshingly different.
Would eat here again if in MK.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

With 7 fellow members of our Wine appreciation group this was my first experience of a Strada restaurant. It will not be the last time we visit a Strada if the standard is the same as this one. The settting was lovely with our own table with a view of the water feature at the Hub. The food and wine was excellent and very reasonably priced. The waiter was courteous and efficient and made our meal very enjoyable.

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first visit to a branch of Strada and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was nicely designed and the menu had a good choice of dishes. I opted for bruschetta and the strozzopreti pasta with chicken and tomatoes. The bruschetta was good, served on two squares of thick focaccia bread and topped with olive oil and chopped tomatoes - not very garlicky but nice all the same. The pasta was delicious and the quantity was perfect - I usually find that restaurants seem intent to give you a massive portion of pasta much of which goes to waste, but this dish was perfectly sized for me. There wasn't a lot of chicken in the bowl, but what there was was tasty, and the sauce pleasantly fiery. I ended the meal with a semifreddo dessert with an espresso poured over the top and this was lovely - light but satisfying.

The only negative point was the service. There were a few waitresses dashing around the place but despite my being seated near the bar and the entrance I felt almost invisible at times, especially when I wanted to ask for the bill, then had a long wait to pay despite my using cash rather than a card. The staff were all very polite, but could have done with being maybe a little more attentive.

All in all I really enjoyed my meal and will definitely visit Strada again, but the service could be better at this outlet.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Have eaten here on many occasions, good selection of dishes all have been tasty, well presented and good value. Menu changes with the seasons and always something new to try.
Why not excellent? - let down by service.
Latest visit party of 9 booked on Monday night; as we were seated noticed there were not any copies of the set menu on the table - requested them, did not arrive. Waiter took drinks order, no set menus arrived asked again, waiter bought drinks still no set menus asked again. In the end member of party tracked down a member of staff at the other end of the room who bought us the menus 30 minutes after initial request.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to restaurant admittedly to use my tesco clubcard vouchers. The meal overall was filling and better then that served at other national chains. Downside was that the restaurant at 3:00 on a Tuesday afternoon was almost empty so lacked atmosphere, however staff (namely) the waiter was very tentative, though would suggest that other staff do not stand by the back exit smoking and chatting as I personally found this to be quite unprofessional.