“OK but that's it.”
Review of Strada - Milton Keynes - CLOSED

Strada - Milton Keynes
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Strada Milton Keynes is a part of the newly developed Hub MK overlooking the central piazza. The restaurant is the perfect place for taking a break from shopping, business lunches or private functions and has plenty of outside seating for al fresco dining. Strada Milton Keynes is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Telford
“OK but that's it.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On the surface, this should have been a great meal out. The restaurant is pleasant enough - bright, well lit, clean and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
The food though, is really nothing to shout about. My £16.95 rib-eye steak was decidedly average and clearly not the finest cut of meat. Mum was pleased with her lamb shank though I would guess it had arrived mass catered and vacuum packed - maybe even with the mashed potatoes which accompanied it. The same can be said for my partner's pork fillet. Very much a pre-prepared portion. I don't know if £85 on three courses (food only) for three people is the norm for Milton Keynes but for packaged chain restaurant food it seemed a bit steep for what we got. I'm sure there are many excellent pubs in the area where that sort of money would buy generous portions of freshly cooked food.

• Visited November 2012

bucks
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked three days in advance but when we arrived they hadn't got our booking. The restaurant was full and very busy, but there were very few staff waiting on tables. It took a long time for our drinks to arrive, we had to ask when our ciabatta would arrive. We then found we had the ciabatta and our starter at the same time. I ordered prawns in garlic, lovely but no finger bowl, I had to go to the ladies to wash my hands (which please note is upstairs and not clearly marked). After a lengthy time our main course arrived and we were very disappointed. The plates were cold, some of the food was cold and the sauce had obviously been standing for some time as a skin had formed. Our side dish of creamed spinach was in a cold dish so the food got cold very quickly, the spinach was not so much creamed as sitting in runny cream.

Would I return - certainly not. It may have a one off blip but a big enough blip to put me off.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Slow service, but good food ?”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food was very nice, especially the Zuppa Vongole. Unfortunately the slow service had a negative impact on the whole experience. The service did improve after the starters arrived, but waiting 25 minutes for drinks is not acceptable.
If they sort out the service issue then I would recommend to friends and all.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Always Reliable”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a good quality Strada, we've eaten there on a handful of occasions and always had a good experience. The food is always good and we've never had reason to grumble about anything.

Visited March 2012
Bletchley, United Kingdom
“Its OK - but not as good as it should be”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went there with my partner for a cheap dinner - had a voucher from their website.

The restaurant was very empty, but there seemed to be a little delay with the service.

The decor of the restaurant was of a good standard, but the tables were a little small - very easy to see when the starters and the drinks were served - there was not enough room.

The food was average, but given the environment I expected something better. I ordered a pasta dish with fish and was offered parmesan on top - not something I would have expected from an Italian restaurant.

The attentiveness of the staff was lacking and again not something I would have expected in a very empty establishment.

I don't feel that the staff were that knowledgeable about Italian food.

I was very disappointed by this visit. I know that they can do better.

• Visited October 2012