“Mk weekend”

Calcutta Brasserie
Ranked #73 of 683 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Calcutta Brasserie is a spacious, multi-award winning Indian restaurant in a beautiful 17th century chapel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a brilliant setting for Indian restaurant was wowed by the setting and the food , I’ve been to a lot of Indian restaurants and this one of the best
Food is great and staff are very friendly
We came on recomnendation of an ex staff member and was not disappointed
Would recommend to all and revisit
Would recommend the cheese nam bread as it’s was so cheesy and not dry .

2  Thank chrisfP7492QZ
Moghul, General Manager at Calcutta Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted you had such a good experience and very grateful for your feedback. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service and I am really pleased that you had a nice meal and enjoyed your surroundings. I look forward to seeing you again soon

Write a reviewReviews (598)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently ate at Calcutta’s with a friend. The location of the restaurant inside the old church was very nice. The food was just ok. Service was slow, we had a reservation, but they were not ready for us when we arrived.
I had the garlic chicken which was ok. I would have liked it to be slightly hotter with spices and chili’s.
The location makes this restaurant worth going to for at least one meal.

Date of visit: August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - I’m sorry the garlic chicken was not to your liking. I hope you will return and let your server know what sort of flavour you prefer and our chef will be able to cook something which you will love. We love to recommend dishes and have a very wide selection of meals with varying levels of heat. I’m glad you liked our beautiful building and hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

Dined here whilst staying in the town. It is in a converted church and really lovely inside, very spacious and comfortable.
The menu is not the typical Indian but good to try something new.
Service and ambience very good, Bill was around £60 for 2 courses a bottle of wine and a large bar.
Enjoyed a leisurely meal.

2  Thank 941whirly_10

Thank you for the kind words. I’m so pleased you had a nice visit and I hope you will be in town again soon so we can welcome you back

Reviewed August 14, 2019

I visited this restaurant based on reviews but I am very much disappointed with food quality and customer service. Customer service was extremely unwelcoming.....We went with friends around 7.30 pm and were sitting until 9.30 pm. But they started giving us signals to get out from the restaurant. It was very rude on their parts...
I have regretted and would never visit this place again.

Date of visit: July 2019

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Sheila. It is never our intention to make any of our valued customers feel unwelcome and I am very sorry this is how our staff came across. I will be speaking to the team and using this as a training point and can assure you that this will be dealt with. I am sorry it spoilt your experience but hope you will come back and allow us an opportunity to change your mind about our restaurant which prides itself on delivering excellent customer service.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

A very nice meal in a beautiful converted church with most of the features still visible. The food was good, the service was very good and all at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank fire6441

Thank you for the kind words - we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you again soon