“Could do its self a favour and try a little harder”
Review of Calcutta Brasserie

Calcutta Brasserie
Ranked #64 of 552 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Twice I've been here and twice the service was poor, staff ignore and sometimes rush you through your meal.
Ive actually been here 4 times.The quality of food varies each time. Yes its a nice setting, Sometimes the restaurant is cold.
Its a very busy restaurant at the week-end, but even when you book you don't get the welcome that other restaurants offer.
Value for money it is not and if not careful will loose a lot of repeat customers.
Choose carefully theres better out there

1  Thank Trevor J

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I feel compelled to right this as I've been sitting on the toilet for the past 40 minutes so thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and do the review at the same time. It's 03:00 (was when awoke with stomach cramps) now 04:00. Booked a table but no need on a Sunday as not busy. All you can eat buffet which I was not told on the phone as I wouldn't of bothered going. Minimal selection of dishes that were oily and the chicken tikka masala tasted like Heinz tomato soup.you had to take the big lids off the food trays and had no where to put them. It was only when I looked puzzled that a member of staff took the lids off and put them on a chair behind serving trays. Me and my wife were convinced it had been added to the dish. I had a minimal amount to eat as did not enjoy the food what so ever and thank god I did otherwise I would still be sitting here on the loo and would miss work!! No comparison to other establishments because it was that poor. Got hit with a 40 bill for eating nothing. Only thing good about this was the surroundings. Would not go back as I'm considering calling a medic with the discomfort I'm in. Can't even blame it on a hot dish because there wasnt any!!!!! (Lucky for me)!!

4  Thank BA060209
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Thought I would take my wife for a romantic dinner as I heard a lot about this place. I must admit that this was not the experience I expected to receive! We sat down on the sofa as they were apparently really busy and were taken to our table after 20minutes. As we sat down they asked us what we would like to order( need a menu to do this). Then the waiter came over and we asked for our order which was a platter, but he started explaining another dish not even what we were talking about, he then sent the manager Mo over who I must admit can not seem to deal with the pressure of people asking what's in the order. We explained what we wanted and he said "yes yes fine the chef will do something I don't know what but he will do something". We wanted to know what we would be eating but he said it's all the same anywhere in the country, so why eat here then?! He then walked away from us when my wife was asking questions and told her to calm down, I must say he was getting agitated! When our order came and was wrong he came to ask if all ok, explained no it's not and he said oh I'm sorry and again when I was trying to explain that this is the worst service, he said its coz they were busy and needed to be quick (clearly the service was not there) and walked away again! We walked out and never plan to go back!! Food from what we tasted was oily and didn't seem fresh. Wish I had something positive to say but honestly nothing was pleasant in this place at all! Shame from what I hear on the radio apparently one of the best, not at all!!

2  Thank Anonymous759
Reviewed September 19, 2013

i am only 13 but when i ate out here it was so superb i was astonished. i do not usually like curries but the mango chicken korma was gorgous as was the mango creme brulee. all in alla n excellent meal.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We tried this place after, hearing a succession of adverts on the radio. It will certainly not be the last visit. We were seriously impressed with the menu, many dishes were different from dishes that you are accustomed to seeing at an Indian Restaurant. With many interesting flavours, and combinations. The experience is very much high end, but without a shockingly high end bill at the end of the meal. The staff & service were both friendly and efficient. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!

1  Thank thegreedygannet