“The King Of Hospitality of Milton Keynes”

A City Central B & B
Ranked #4 of 33 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Watford, United Kingdom
“The King Of Hospitality of Milton Keynes”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Where should I start?. Location is very convenient only 5 minutes walk to the station and few steps away from the city center. The rooms are very clean, bright and spacious. Breakfast food is excellent. You can choose either a full English breakfast or continental, a mix of both or both (Shaun always say yes and offers more than you can eat). Free Wi-Fi connection available
Finally, the engine behind this little gem in MK, Shaun. I think Shaun should have been a West End star!. Shaun's sense of humour is superlative and honestly every time I chat with him I end up kakkling wildly. Beside this, Shaun is in the true sense of the word a true host. He is always there to help whatever you need. Without a doubt best B/B I ever stayed in. Highly recommended, but more to the point you need to meet Shaun once in your life. He is a legend. Please adopt me Shaun......I will be back soon. Stefano

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Shaun, the owner, is a philosopher. He’s lived more lives than you thought possible. Stay here and learn something about yourself. Nice bath. Great breakfast. Comfortable bed, fast WiFi. An attention to customer service that's hard to summarise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trenchantly
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Shaun, the owner started taking care of my husband and I before we even arrived in Milton Keynes. He emailed asking where and when he was picking us up. He was at the train station waiting for us when we arrived. From the moment we met him, he made us feel welcome and at home. The place is immaculately clean. He prepared fabulous meals. He bent over backwards in taking care of us. He took me to the train station and bus station and picked me up whenever I went out to do some sightseeing. I can go on and on about how wonderful this place is and it's owner. Anyone who is going to be in Milton Keynes for a day or for a year and in need of a good B&B, I whole heartedly I recommend this place. A City Central B&B is the only place to stay. And Mr. Shaun Maxfield is absolutely AWESOME.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GladM
Pewsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Welcoming friendly B & B offering excellent value for money in a very convenient location. Would have no hesitation in returning - nothing too much trouble and refreshing to find someone who is prepared to go the extra mile to make your stay a home from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mac m
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently had a 5 star experience at City Central Bread and Breakfast in Milton Keynes while preparing for my CCIE Voice lab exam last month. I can't help but say it was the best accommodation away from home. Shaun, the owner runs the place fantastically well. A great breakfast every morning, packed sandwich for lunch and an excellent dinner in the evening not to mention laundry which is almost every other day. Shaun is a great host and a good company for chats. He is never tired to assist with any errands no matter how small. He has a fantastic knowledge of Milton Keynes and surrounding surburbs and takes great care of his guests. This greatly helped me with focusing my attention at the job at hand - preparing for CCIE Voice lab exam. I will whole heartedly recommend City Central Bread & Breakfast to anyone seeking accommodation in Milton Keynes either for short term or long term stay.

Room Tip: Spacious and sunny rooms on second floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank John A
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I can't help writing about my experience in this B&B!
I'm quite frequent traveler and I've stayed so many kinds of accommodation all over the world, and I can say this B&B was the best accommodation ever I've been.
Everything is so clean and tidy, food was good. Especially, the owner is so friendly!! I felt he treat his guest not only as a customer but also as a friend. He makes me feel like a home. Although Milton keynes isn't tourist attraction stop, I'd like to visit there again just for saying hello to the owner!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jina_Munich
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I cannot say enough about this place. Home from home. I was made to feel so welcome and have been staying here for over 5 years excellent value for money clean and comfortable. Shaun is a great host xx and cannot do enough to make my stay comfortable. Highly recommended you check it out once you have you will not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013