“Average at best. Could be lot better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jalori

Jalori
Ranked #108 of 533 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cambridge
“Average at best. Could be lot better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited this place during Sunday buffet. It was really average. None of the dishes stood out. We had to keep waiting for the food to be topped up. We did like the starters and the staff there. No child changing room. If the food quality got a bit better it would be a very nice Indian restaurant.

• Visited April 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Just your average curry house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Either I walked into the wrong restaurant (which by the way annoyingly TripAdvisor lists as being in Milton Keynes when it blatantly isn't, it's in Woburn Sands) or the Jalori changed hands, or they cast a spell on some of the other diners as I found nothing terribly remarkable about this place. Yes, it's clean and reasonably pleasantly decorated. The service borders from excessively solicitous to vaguely disdainful. The food was nothing to write home. Indeed my main course was so salty that it was virtually impossible to detect any other flavours. I suspect, unkindly perhaps, that this may be a ruse to get you to drink more, much more, but I have no proof of it of course, so it may just be chef's distraction instead. Anyway, I have had truly truly delightful meals in curry houses in Brick Lane that have stratospherically higher standards of cuisine than this place so there is no way that I could give, generously, more than average. It's just your run of the mill provincial curry restaurant after all.

• Visited March 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Curry Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

When we walked into the restaurant on a Monday evening and saw it was virtually packed to the rafters we knew we were onto a good thing. We were presented with a good menu with plenty of choice and some interesting specials. The food was superb and well presented. The chicken Jalfrezi was the best I've ever tasted (and I've tasted a lot!). The waiters were courteous and attentive and the atmosphere was buzzing. Itt's definitely a restaurant we'd like to return to.

• Visited March 2013
Thank Caroline and Ma... B
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great Food....But don't know how to run a business!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This Indian has been one of my locals for the past 15 years. We previously went to the Woburn Fort in Woburn Sands as the service always tended to be better. But suddenly Jalori got their buts in gear and proved them selves. Over the past 10 years we have experienced some delicious food by Jalori.
Unfortunately in the past year or 2 it has significantly gone down hill. In just one year we have had several problems each time we have visited, whether we ate in or got a take away. Including extra charges on the bill, very very slow service, wrong dishes given, cold food. But the past 2 experiences have made it very easy for us to longer use this restaurant.
About a month ago we ordered a take away, When we got home we discovered that the dish we had ordered a Lam Lahori Kadhaii Massal was infact a king prawn jalfreezi. The container even said Lamb Lahori on it! We called them straight away and they asked us to come back and get the correct dish. We didnt think this was acceptable and asked for it to be delivered (Seeing as we are less than a mile away!) They did this immediately and we were happy.
Last weekend we decided to order again from them, when I placed the order I said to them 'your not going to mess this order up again are you?' They knew who i was and assured me there would be no problems. We called at 6.30pm and told 30-40 minutes to collect. We made our way up after 30mins as usually it is ready early and just sits there going cold, 1 hour later we finally got our food! Not a very good start but it was a Saturday so we let them off. After arriving home we opened up our order, we discovered our plain naan was infact a half eaten garlic and coriander naan! 1 dish was stone cold, and a King Prawn Jalfreezi was so over cooked the prawns turned to pulp when putting a fork in them. I immediately called them and told them how displeased I was. again they asked me to go back to change the naan. I wasnt prepared to let everyones dinner go cold for the sake of some bread. So we ate our meal (what was edible of it) and went back after we finished.
It was absolute chaos in there, people ordering drinks at the bar for their table, others waiting for orders that had been there since we first went in there! Finally they got round to serving me once they discovered I was holding a half eaten naan bread in my hand! It was quickly snatched out my hand and thrown in the bin. It was obvious they wanted to get rid of me and shoved a naff bottle of red wine in my hand. I told them that I didnt want anything other than them to sort out their service and culinary skills! They took my address and said they would visit me and my family the following day.
A week later and we are still waiting. Very Very disappointed in this Indian Restaurant. We like to use our Local restaurants but there is just not customer service skills in place. They dont know how to take critiscim, deal with complains, or learn from their mistakes. Its a great shame as their food is lovely, but there comes a point when your too worried about ordering food that it will be wrong!
Hopefully they will realise this soon and will quickly resolve these issues.

Now on the hunt for a decent local curry house!

• Visited February 2013
Aspley Guise, England, United Kingdom
“Jolly good Jalori”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food is excellent. There is a very wide range of choices from the very mild to very hot, so something for everyone's task, assuming you enjoy Indian cuisine that is. The service is impeccable. Ellachi (spelling?) duckling is one of my family's favourite dishes.

Visited December 2012