“Good food and good service as you would expect”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #12 of 555 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have had a wonderful refurbishment and our little bit of France in Milton Keynes is more stylish and more welcoming than ever. We are open for breakfast daily - sit at our 'kitchen table' with friends, our cafe area & read the papers or in the main brasserie for a business breakfast bright and early. Lunches and dinners as ever feature our freshly cooked, seasonal dishes and we also have our monthly changing set menu with 2 courses from £11.95. We have improved our bar area for diners and non-diners and now have outside seating on our newly decked area for the sunny summer days to come! Families are as welcome as ever and our award winning Henri le Worm menu awaits the little ones!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited in a group of four for a special Sunday lunch, I had already read the menu online so I knew roughly what to expect and that I would get something different, compared to the majority of the restaurant chain's in Milton Keynes. Considering the reasonable price the food was very good, we had the charcuterie starter and the crab, my friend had the squid which he was raving over. For mains we had a couple of stakes and the Cornish mackerel Nicoise, which all went down well. I had a whole turbot, which was very good. We followed this up with some deserts which were okay but not exceptional. I had also downloaded a voucher for a bottle of house wine and I was impressed by the red wine that I was given. It was good enough that we ordered a second bottle (£15). The bill for 4 came to £150, which was reasonable, considering we had three courses each and the wine. The food is not exceptional, but then it's not Raymond Blanc's top restaurants either. So if you keep that in mind you will not be disappointed. I will certainly eat there again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited with a group of friends and we were warmly welcomed and given a great table at the front of the restaurant. For starters, I had the crab tian which was really under seasoned. I had fillet steak for main which was lovely but the sides were obviously microwaved. For desert my friend and I shared the baked Alaska. The waiter served it and then took ages to find the alcohol to pour on top! I just found that all I could taste was alcohol after that, it totally overpowered the vanilla ice cream and meringue. I love Raymond Blanc and was expecting some really decent food and I was gutted with what we were served. On a side note, my friend ordered the green bean salad to start and it had no green beans in but did come with a bug! The waiter dealt with it promptly, but you just don't expect that when visiting a restaurant carrying such a name. I'm not bothered if I go back.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Food and Service at Brasserie Blanc in Milton Keynes is top rate. Despite just ordering the set lunch our waiter was attentive and engaging, displaying a good knowledge of the food being served. Made such a change from the slapdash service we have had at other 'chain restauants' in the Milton Keynes area. Will return again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Being one of my favourite TV chefs I really did want to enjoy my visit in Raymond's Blanc MK brasserie. Ordered a dressed crab and cherry tart for dessert. Crab dish was fairly tasty I have to admit but had few small and one quite big pieces of shell. I didn't make a fuss about it - just informed a waiter and finished the dish. The tart I had high hopes for but it as well didn't finish good - base was very hard and burned slightly leaving unpleasant aftertaste. Overall the place looks quite nice - has a pleasant vibe to it - but the food was far away from my expectations. And still I would expect some form of apologies for the shells which I didn't receive and would expect in this kind of establishment. Maybe I was just unlucky? Who knows - I wouldn't be going there anymore - even nearby there are places with far much tastier food.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was the first time at Brasserie Blanc and I can say so much that I will come again. We were two couples meeting for the first time and chose to meet here, and we were not disappointed. We went for the 3 course menu, which was short on quantity but great on taste and quality. Having taken advantage of a free wine offer it was a great gesture of the waitress to maintain the offer even if the offer was available if we ordered a la carte. The service and attention of the waiter and waitress were good, and we felt both welcome and comfortable here. And with Raymond Blanc originating creations, you will not be disappointed.