“A treat for meat eaters too!”
Review of Veggie World - CLOSED

Veggie World
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A treat for meat eaters too!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Veggie World is an unassuming little restaurant in Bletchley town centre. It's not the obvious location to find vegetarian cuisine, but the place attracts a loyal following. It's a family run business and eating there feels like being a special guest in their home - the staff are always friendly and passionate about what they do.

The full menu is quite extensive and mostly Chinese/Thai. The lunch menu offers various mix-and-match combinations which is very good value. The fresh juices are a treat and they really are fresh - made to order. Many dishes incorporate meat substitutes which are surprisingly good compared to anything I've tried from the supermarket. Even as a meat eater I'm as happy to eat here as any restaurant. In fact some dishes I've tried are better than the meat equivalents I'd had elsewhere!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank pas1888

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Who needs meat when vegetarian food tastes this good”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This restaurant was an absolute revelation. My wife is vegetarian, so finding a chinese restaurant that understands that vegetarian food does not include oyster sauce or any other fish or meat products is very difficult and a gamble at best. So when we found this little gem of a restaurant, my wife was very happy indeed. It does not look much from the outside, or the inside for that matter, but the food more than makes up for it. The food is fresh, very tasty and as a meat eater, I can honestly say, I did not miss the meat one little bit. We drive an hour and a half to eat here as there is nowhere else like it in our neck of the woods, and will continue to do so. My only caution to you meat eaters out there is, don't mention this detail to the owner! She lectured me for 15 minutes about why eating meat is evil. Appart from that, please go forth and enjoy a really good meal.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Defairmans
“the best veggie food”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

even though i am not vegetarian i eat there regularly as its the best food in Bletchley town centre. you cant tell the food isnt meat. what a gem well worth a visit if your veggie, vegan or just enjoy good food.

• Visited February 2013
“the ultimate imitation!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This little restaurant,modestly placed in the old town of Bletchley,belies its unassuming appearance.Make no mistake about it,this place has a quality that would hold up in London`s West End.The food is superb,and a meat eater could quite easily be fooled by the `roast pork`,`beef`,and`chicken` items on the menu- one is unable to tell that they are purely veggie.I enjoy fish and meat dishes,but when I eat here I can not find any dish that is not wholly satisfactory and totally delicious.The prices are very modest as well -and the establishment,while small,is every bit as charming as the people who run it.

• Visited January 2013
Lynton
“Veggie World = Veggie Heaven”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We discovered Veggie World through the info pack provided at the B&B we were staying at. There were no details about the style of food, so it was a surprise to find ourselves sitting in a vegetarian Chinese restaurant.

Veggie World also offers a take-away service so is more cafe style than formal restaurant and does not serve alcohol. However the quality of the food and fabulous freshly juiced fruit juices more than made up for my initial misgivings!

The amount of choice is amazing and all the favourite dishes are on the menu. We found it very hard to decide what to have so went for one of the set menus. Everything was excellent - one of the best Chinese meals I've had! The staff were very friendly too; genuine service with a smile.

Judging by the steady stream of diners who came in while we were eating, we're not the only ones to think so. It was obvious that many were regulars. Although we live a long way from Veggie World, if we're in the area again we'll make a point of going back again too.

• Visited November 2012