“Awesome little gem, exceptional at lunch”
Review of Veggie World - CLOSED

Veggie World
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a hidden gem of a restaurant. It serves a huge variety of cantonese food, all vegetarian but good enough that most of the meat eaters I have taken there have loved it just as much as we do. Family run, and with warm personal service, everything on the menu is different and everything is delicious. Its certainly not the greasy food-coloured fare that I've come to associate with Chinese takeaway.

The evening food is great, either eaten in or taken away, but the secret is to get lunch there Weds-Fri as it is exceptionally good value - around £4 per dish, making a lunch for 6 cost only £30 with drinks!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Discovered by an ex boyfriend on a birthday several years ago, walked in felt very overdressed and didn't expect much, it looks a bit like a cafe that you'd find in any town really.

The food, the food, what can I say? Introduced it to my veggie friend and we go about every other month (enough for the staff to recognise us anyway!)

Staff are lovely, food is amazing, always pleasantly surprised at the price, if anyone ever wants to take me somewhere I love, this is the one.

We try to have something different everytime but ALWAYS have the platter to start followed by the duck - both are amazing, we then have two mains and a rice of some description, never disappoints, only ever had one dish I'm not keen on and believe me we've got through a lot of dishes now!

It's BYO so if you want alcohol take it with you (or there is an off licence across the road) we always have to drive so it's soft drinks here!

I'm glad it's 45 minutes away or I'd be in there all of the time and as fat as a house!

Not a bad word about this place, now I must go and sort out my next trip......

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I'm not a vegetarian and had passed by this restaurant for years until I tried a lunch there last year. What a treat I had been missing. Very tasty food and at reasonable prices. The interior has been brightened up recently adding to the restaurant's attraction. The opening times are a bit restricted though

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Very reasonable, can also purchase frozen product to take home.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

The best vegan restaurant locally would recommend booking amazing menu for vegetarian and vegans great to hear my husband whom turned vegan last year said the auromatic duck tasted better than the meat version he has ate all his life.
Had a wonderful anniversary here with great service amazing food can't wait to go back.

1  Thank angelahendy