“Sadly Declining”

Pizza Express Midsummer Arcade
Ranked #238 of 552 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We’re a bright, modern restaurant located just off Middleton Hall in the centre of town. Come sample our latest menu in this stylish venue.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Since my last review I've returned here several times, and I'm sorry to report that it has progressively gone down hill - primarily due to the service, which may also account why it is no longer very busy and lacks atmosphere. Our last visit in May is typical. We arrived 10 minutes early, ahead of our friends. Our waiter took us to our table and walked away saying "I'll be back when everyone arrives". I suggested he might like to bring us menus and offer us a drink (is this not good business?). The evening continued in a similar vein, and we were finally rescued by a waitress who realised our order for desserts and coffee had not been taken after 20 mins!! Don't bother - go to Aqua the new independent restaurant in the Hub - it's great!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visited pizza express armed with tesco vouchers at lunchtime. Had to queue for approx 5 mins outside with 2 other families - not sure why as there was plenty of empty tables when we did ghetto sit down. Food was good, I think it's expensive for what it s, so thak you Mr Tesco!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

So a friend and I decided to grab lunch quickly while in MK, we didn't really want a formal sit down meal and didn't want to break the bank, we both fancied Pizza so thought we would give it a go.

We were greeted by a friendly waitress who seated us at a nice table in a quiet area and took our drinks order and we ordered a sharing bowl of dough balls, they were a nice touch as we didn't want a full 3 course meal, just a couple of Pizza's.

The mains we ordered arrived quickly, presented nicely and tasted delicious, we were checked back on and promptly received some extra sides and drinks we had not originally ordered.

Overall, we had a lovely catch up and enjoyed our meal. I would recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked a table - just to be sure, as this place gets very busy at popular times!
Got a great table by the window and ordered 2 pizzas and a salad to share. I'm really into the "Romana" style of pizza and love the thin crispy base. The "Etna" is a firm favourite and it was pretty much perfection, spicy and VERY tasty, washed down with a bottle of youngish Chianti and a Pellogrino.
Great service, from a familiar waitress who has been here about 5 years and really seems to care that everything is up to expectations.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have visited many pizza expresses and would say potentially the worst one I have visited.

It wasn't the worst restaurant experience I have had, but arrived at the restaurant, got seated at a cramped table despite there being plenty of available tables in the restaurant. We got asked to put our pushchair at the back of the restaurant (emphasising the lack of space they had given us), which I normally wouldn't mind doing but given we had been shopping I had a lot of bags I wasn't prepared to leave so had to take all of these off so I could keep them with me, despite everyone else keeping there pushchairs next to them, which was clear as there were no other pushchairs in the buggy park.

We were seated with no menus, yet other people were coming in and were being given them. It seems the waitress who showed us to our seat, and told us to put our pushchair away was not particularly helpful as others got a better welcome!

When we finally got the menu we ordered drinks, a diet coke, a sprite and an apple juice, we got brought a diet coke, a Sicilian lemonade and an orange juice. Normally I wouldn't really complain as I guess it can be deemed a simple mistake but from the point of entering to here I was considering leaving!

We ordered the food, as normal it was good pizza express standard can't complain there.

Service was ok, pretty slow and not the best I have ever had in a pizza express.

Wouldn't visit this pizza express again