“Great”

Pizza Express Midsummer Arcade
Ranked #205 of 605 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We’re a bright, modern restaurant located just off Middleton Hall in the centre of town. Come sample our latest menu in this stylish venue.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

First time we had been to a pizza express, and we really enjoyed the visit. From the friendly service we received as soon as we walked through the door to a great meal. All in all we could not fault the service or the meal.
We will try and visit again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I AM REFERRING TO THE PIZZA EXPRESS AT MIDSUMMER ARCADE, IN THE SHOPPING CENTRE. I couldn't find it on Trip Advisor.

Having had a great experience at Pizza Express Cardiff, i was looking forward to again returning to this great pizza restaurant chain but at a more local location to where i live.

On arrival, late lunch, we were first made to stand outside the door until we were gestured to enter the restaurant.

I must stress that the food was very good overall. The Pizza'a were superb but i found that the Polenta chips divided our table. My wife and daughter enjoyed them, myself and my son could quite happily live without them.

My problem with this visit lies not with the food but with the service.

Attentive i can live with. What annoys me is the insistance of a waiter coming to your table, mid-meal, to ask if all is OK not once, not twice but THREE TIMES. On each occasion, managing to attend when either myself or my wife had a mouth full of food. If there is a problem i will let you know, please for the love of god, leave me alone to try and enjoy my meal.

It got worse. We were literally still chewing our starters, STILL CHEWING, when our main courses were delivered to our table. Could you not at least let us swallow?!! We were given no choice, the food was ready and the staff were buggered if they were gonna wait. They had to get another waiter to simultaniously clear plates while another thrust our main courses in front of us. What the hell was the rush?? The restaurant clearly wasn't on fire and, as far as i could make out, no babies were being delivered.

It didn't stop there. TWICE, the waiter tried an attempt at clearing the plates for our mains while one or more of us were still eating. We had to politely ask, mouths still full, to please leave us to finish our meals.

Overall, the food was good but i won't be recommending this particular branch to anyone.

Please, calm down and slow down. I have never felt so rushed over a meal in my life.

Final nail in the coffin. I paid cash and, after returning home, discovered that the restaurant had given me a counterfeit pound coin in change.

THANKS A BUNCH.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Soggy pizza. Dirty tables. Smeary glasses. Poor service. False advertising. The list could go on and on and on.

1  Thank Conor A
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went here with husband and 2 year old son, on an 'orange wednesday'. As expected the place was packed but the service was fantastic. Waitress couldn't have done more for us, and was really good with our son too! Given that the restaurant was really busy, the food was as great as ever from pizza express and the service was first class!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Special voucher drink and meal for £7.95. We booked online a couple of hours earlier. We arrived, luckily it was not busy, good job as there was no record of our booking for eight. Once we were seated the waitress was very good and friendly, changed my cutlery that was dirty. The food arrived quickly and tasted fantastic. Good experience, would go again. My only gripe, the table was really sticky.