“Good for catching up with friends on a Friday night”

Pizza Express Midsummer Arcade
Ranked #238 of 550 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We’re a bright, modern restaurant located just off Middleton Hall in the centre of town. Come sample our latest menu in this stylish venue.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

In the CBX building this was the first Pizza Express in Milton Keynes, and despite being a new building it has good atmosphere with the best tables on the elevated area. It is what it is - good pizzas, some pasta and salads, and even with wine it is always great value for money. Very friendly staff, who provide prompt service with wine and starters served within minutes of ordering. We usually have special offer vouchers, and is perfect for an inexpensive meal and a regular catch up with a group of friends at the end of the week.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good service, food tasty but could have eaten more. But at least you know what you are going to get.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

And what you get in Pizza Express is consistency. Their pizzas are nearly always good. The only issues we have had over many years and many branches of Pizza Express would be an occasional issue with the pizza being on the luke warm side. Also, they have the knack of finding lovely buildings for their restaurants - MK being an understandable exception!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went here for a meal on Orange Wednesdays (again). Whilst I agree I can't have too much of a whinge because it is half price on wednesdays, I just had to make a review about the awful staff. We turned up and only a third of the restaurant was full, yet it still took around 5 minutes for a member of staff to even acknowledge us. The staff managed to have a chat with each other, get drinks, play on their phone.... yet couldn't be less interested in customers who had just walked in the door. Once we finally got seen to we were given a nice table by the window. As regular visitors to pizza express it only took us about a minute to choose our entire meal, after which, we placed our menus upside down and on the edge of the table. It took 25 minutes for a member of staff to come over and even take our drink order. He apologised to his credit, saying there were staff shortages. If I had a £1 for everytime the CBX pizza express said this, I would be so rich I could open my own pizza restaurant. How difficult is it to ensure you roster enough staff? Anyway I insisted we order the entire meal as we didn't have hours on end to wait. Following on from informing the waiter of my dissatisfaction, the food was quick to arrive and it was good quality.... but my god, the staff in there are so dopey, it doesn't help that the female manager dressed in her own scruffy clothes stands around looking out the window wishing she was somewhere else. Get some decent staff members and managers, sort your service out and you'd probably manage to at least fill the inside of the restaurant. Maybe if you roster properly, you might be able to accept more people in who can sit outside in the nice weather. Just a thought?

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very friendly pleasant staff and good quality consistant food and choice makes this a restaurant we like to return to. We love the pizzas best any where . I have a slopppy guisseppe without cheese as i am lactose intolerent and the pizza is superb. The house salad and house dressing is great and hubby loved the meatball starter. Lovely desserts too spec the dairy free sorbet and the cheese cake. Only minus is the awful artwork needs new decor