“Excellent - my home from home”

TGI Friday's - Milton Keynes
Ranked #82 of 532 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: American, Bar, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent - my home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I eat here frequently and also pop in just for drinks during quiet periods (weekends can be very busy and loud what with the constant chorus of the TGI 'Happy Birthday' song) and always find the service faultless.

The staff are some of the best I have ever come across, John (thanks for the pen) and Bailey in particular. Always really friendly, remember their customers and just make you feel at home. I have only ever had an issue with food there once in the 3 years I have been going to TGI's and it was remedied so swiftly and with so little fuss that it is hardly worth noting.

Highly recommend the sweet potato fries (with cheese) and any of the burgers!!! They are absolutely delicious. It's worth mentioning that staff are always more than happy to swap and substitute parts of your meal, for example I often have the quesadilla (without any spices) and always swap my rice for fries etc so if there is something you fancy just ask!!

Genneteil, France
“Fancied TGI's tonight.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I live abroad now and in the middle of nowhere, so opportunities to eat out are welcome. TGI's aren't the poshest in the world but their menu was just what we fancied. They didn't disappoint. The waiter was very friendly and we wanted for nothing. Food was as expected, nothing to complain about.

London
“Would prefer Pedegree Chum”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Having eaten many times in TGI branches across the uk I thought it a safe bet when I visited Milton Keynes this week. How wrong was I. I felt like I was in Royston Vasey as we stepped in, from the reaction from 'the locals'.
Our waitress did her best to improve things but when the "food" we ordered was placed in front of us, there was no redeeming things. Our starter of Bruschetta was two plates of cold processed bread - one covered in mushrooms (not fresh - suspect tinned) and a lorry load of cold cheese. The other sprinkled in a couple of tomatoes and a lorry load of tasteless chese. Not what you'd expect from a simple Italian starter.
We both ordered fajitas for our main course having had them countless times in TGI's over the years - usually our favourite. I don't know who is supplying the chicken for this branch - I suspect W.H.Smith - as when it arrived on the hot plate it resembled an eraser from a stationery store. The texture was the most processed and revolting chicken I have ever tasted or seen. Unbelievable. Made McDonalds seem like a fine dining experience.
Needless to say we will not be returning and am flabbergasted that out stomachs managed to retain their contents that night.
The regional manager needs a rocket up their ****!!!

1 Thank Paullyk
“TGI visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Lovely staff, nice atmosphere. Had sesame chicken to start was amazing. Followed by chicken fajitas. Was Ok. Could be a bit more flavor added. No sure I'd have them again. Husband had ribs, said delicious. Child had jumbo hot dog and where they flame grill it burnt and split a bit so he wouldn't eat. If you have a fussy child avoid this. Great kids activity pack. Decent portion sizes. Price was a nice surprise as TGI usually expensive but was around £50 for 3 of us. We had 2 courses each and 2 rounds of drinks each. Deffo recommend and would go back.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Phoned beforehand to book a table, but was told they had already reserved tables in 1/3 of the restaurant and the rest was available as a walk in only.
No problem, as i thought we could have cocktails at the bar whilst we waited if necessary!
Seated straight away, 7pm on a Friday.
Very small table, and very sticky!!
Ordered AMAZING cocktails.
Food was average, if slightly overpriced.
Waitress was lovely, and even booked a taxi for us upon departure.
Not sure it'd be on my 'must return' list, but was "OK" none the less.

• Visited February 2014