“A very friendly Pub.”

The Portsmouth Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Portsmouth Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 255 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
“A very friendly Pub.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sunday lunch today with family.The pub looks quite old with a thatched roof but was built about 20 years ago.The staff were very friendly and there was a good range of good Beers.I had a Steak which was cooked as I requested. The rest of my party had a lovely lunch.
All in all,a good time was had by all.
Will go again.

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Average meal”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to visit this pub due to the fact that it was convenient as we'd recently moved into the area... Have to say that we were rather disappointed. The meals were warm but not hot and the service was slow to say the least! Wouldn't have minded if it was a Friday or Saturday but it was a Monday and the place was almost empty

Visited February 2014
Chloe C, Portsmouth Arms at The Portsmouth Arms, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Warm food and slow service is definitely not satisfactory, we're so sorry about this. Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, we will review this with the team to make the appropriate improvements. Meanwhile, we have sent you a private message. Hopefully you have received this.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Average food, atrocious service”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been here on a couple of occasions and although the food is average it is cheap so I work on the moto 'you get what you pay for'!

On my most recent visit I ordered a bottle of Chablis and at £18 was surprised when it came out at room temperature. Complained and I was given a glass is ice!!!!

Overall seems like a decent pub for a drink. Never gonna set the world alight as a restaurant/gastro pub. Rushed out as it was Friday and I overheard one member of staff ask the other 'are they finished yet, we need the table INCASE more people arrive' this is despite me and my partner speeding nearly £60 on some alone.

Won't be going back for food in a hurry

Declan Grant

2 Thank Decgrant
Chloe C, Guest Relations Manager at The Portsmouth Arms, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Good place to have Lunch.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Always like a nice pint of seasonal Badger beer. Well kept.
Just nipped in for a quick lunch and service was good as usual.
Plenty of fillings in the bagettes we had.
Nice Lunch

• Visited December 2013
Please accept my apologies for giving you cause to post this complaint on Trip Advisor. I shall review it with our General Manager on my next visit and take any remedial action necessary to prevent a recurrence. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor, I hope this has arrived with you.
London, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere but poor food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This pub is sadly let down by its food. Initially appearance looks good, as does the menu and the prices. Service is also good and it always has a good atmosphere but we have dined here several times and have been so disappointed we've said never again! Everything just appears to be warmed up and the vegetables never seem fresh. Such a shame as has so much potential.

• Visited November 2013