Working in Chineham and this being the closest pub: I visit here about once in every 6 months. (which says something as i visit a at least pub once in every working week) After every visit my opinion goes down more and more.
1) this pub is rediciously expensive £10 for a burger £7.50 for a sandwhich and about £3.7 to £4.20 for a pint of normal beer.
2) this pub is always busy due to its excellent location. (10 minute walk from the chineham business park.) the busyness is not a problem but the monopoly they have and prices they charge make you feel like you are being ripped of for the sake of it.
3) They now dont have sky sports "because they cant afford it" this is absurd you pay over the top and cant even enjoy the cricket at lunch times. (their previous only positive)
4) the food is good quality is what you would expect. however it never gives you any feeling of value.
5) service - well to be honest the staff couldnt really care less. unfriendly and appear as if they would rather not be there.
6) atmosphere is mostly people dressed in suits
Basically this pub is a monopoly of the area and does nothing but abuse the customer through location, lack of value and sevice.
TO recitify the pub needs to introduce some value and "deals" to their food and drinks. they need to get sky sports as a priority.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.