“Fantastic night with lots to eat”
Review of La Tasca Basingstoke - CLOSED

La Tasca Basingstoke
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Fantastic night with lots to eat”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A popular place that we go to quite regular but I've never reviewed it. Last Saturday I decided to take my parents as they have never tried tapas before. Booked a table online and was promptly seated on arrival. Our Waiter was Hosé who was fantastic all night, We ordered bottles of wine and sangria and this was quick to arrive at the table. Bread and olives were consumed while we chose what we were going to order and Hosé helped us to pick out some great dishes. The trick is to order a few dishes and when they arrive order a few more that way there is no long wait for food and it keeps flowing, all in all we had about 15 dishes from the menu, each one went down a treat especially the muscles in white wine and tomato sauce. We then rounded the meal off with a couple of desert share platters which Hosè explained there would be a ten minute wait for which wasn't a problem. The overall atmosphere was great and the staff very friendly and happy to explain the dishes. Can't wait to go back for flamenco night.

• Visited May 2014
latasca_basingstoke, General Manager at La Tasca Basingstoke, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hola

I`m very happy that you had a lovely time with us ,we all love to make your time as best as we can .

Hope we will see you soon

• Polish first
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Disappointment is the name of the game”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

After seeing that La Tasca offered BOGOF through the taste card, we decided that we would take advantage. We turned up and waited 10 minutes for a table during a relatively quiet service.

We sat down, ordered drinks and finally our meal. We ordered the same dishes that we usually have. They took 20 minutes to arrive, which was fine as we were enjoying the bread and oils. When it arrived, we then had to wit a further 10 minutes after asking for plates from three separate members of staff. Of course the food was then cold and unappetising.

Overall the service was awful and we will not be returning

3 Thank Jimbob5519
latasca_basingstoke, General Manager at La Tasca Basingstoke, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi I`m very sorry anout your bad experience in La Tasca can you please email us directly on latasca.basingstoke@latasca.co.uk for us to be able to investigate where its all gone wrong so we can do better next time .

Kind Regads

Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Rude staff!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I can not review the food, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to trying it. I booked a table at the Basingstoke branch 30/05/14 2pm to treat my mum (we were with my newly born twin boys) and when I said to the woman (blonde hair, mid-late 30's) I had booked a table for two she pulled a rude face, huffed and said I didn't realise you were bringing a buggy! Stomped off to a table and said well you can sit here if you be careful you don't get in the way. I said if it's a problem we'll leave. She huffed again and said no just don't get in the way of the drinks. She made us feel very uncomfortable and awkward, so we left. She didn't even ask why or try to stop us. I was appalled! Being a mum to twins you find it hard enough to get out of the house, but to then be treated like this you can imagine how awful I felt. We then went to a restaurant near by that were very accommodating and polite. I have recently signed up to a loyalty card which I am reluctant to use. Very disappointed, I have never had such awful customer service. This is not a family friendly restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

3 Thank Terri B
latasca_basingstoke, General Manager at La Tasca Basingstoke, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hola

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience in La Tasca in Basingstoke if you can email as directly on latasaca.basingstoke@latasca.co.uk

Kind Regards

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A pleasant night”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The food is good with a wide selection of dishes meat, fish and vegatarian, the staff attentive and polite but not intrusive and the spanish dancing and singer were great.

• Visited April 2014
Hola

I`m very happy you had a great time in our restaurant we all take a pleasure in making your stay with as excellent and memorable .

Kind Regard
All team La Tasca Basingstoke
Hampshire, Uk
“Plentiful!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Suprised as to how busy the restaurant was on a Wednesday evening. Staff were very helpful and polite. Ordered 3 tapa's per person and there was plenty of food to go around. Had 25% off voucher so got a good deal on the price. Calamari a bit chewy but couldn't fault any other dishes. Yum!

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hola

I`m very happy you had a good time with as and you enjoyed your self :)

See you soon