“Tasty food, ideal before or after the cinema”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #13 of 255 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hampshire, England
“Tasty food, ideal before or after the cinema”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I regularly visit Wagamama with my daughter or friends either before or after the cinema. The food is cooked to order and to taste, so you can always ask them to leave out an ingredient if you're not keen. It does mean that you are not all served exactly at the same time, but normally all dishes arrive within a few minutes of each other.

A huge choice of dishes, with minor changes/additions fairly often. I would highly recommend the yaki soba noodle dish which is full of flavour and just yummy every time!!!

Visited September 2012

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great for all the family.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited with my family as well as some family friends who have a two-year-old son - with a short attention span, he was entertained with the colouring page and crayons he received instantly upon arrival. I also liked how, as their family visit often, the staff recognised him and brought him over the raw juice and kids' chopsticks he has each time! It feels very personal when there, due to the nature of seating - basically lots of long benches, and people just sit wherever. You don't get your own table, so if you're expecting privacy and not someone sat literally right next to you, I'd recommend a different restaurant! However I personally love the atmosphere of Wagamama, and it is generally my first choice when my friends and I go out for lunch or dinner!

I would recommend, if you visit, that you book a table in advance. Even for lunch when we went last time, the queue was out of the door and further out! But I guess that just shows how great Wagamamas is.

Visited February 2013
Aldermaston, UK
“Where would be without Wagamama?!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Another great meal at Wagamama. We went on an early Friday evening before seeing a performance at the nearby Anvil theatre, which turned out to be a really busy time. After a little wait for a table, we were seated reasonably close to the serving area - no real problem as the whole restaurant was packed and busy, plus it only served to make us more hungry!

Despite being very busy, the service was pretty good, with only a short delay on one of the mains. Food was very good, deliverted efficiently and on a par with other Wagamama's we have been to. Some edamame with garlic salt to nibble, then gyoza and prawn kushiwaki to start. The prawn 'lollypops' were a little pricely but well worth it - delicious - while the steamed dumpling gyoza were also good. Mains were wagamama ramen and chicken firecracker. The ramen was very good and had just about every food group in it that you could want - barbecued pork, chicken, prawns, mussels, pak choi...I kept discovering more with each dip into the ramen soup. 'Er indoors had the chicken firecracker - if you want something with a bit of a kick, this delivers and lives up to its name. It certainly brought on a bit of a sweat!.

Overall, the meal was very good, and swift without feeling as though you were in and out in 10 minutes. If you are in Basingstoke to go to the cinema or the Anvil, you can do no wrong paying Wagamama a visit.

• Visited February 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great food, served hot.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A sociable eating experience because you sit at long benches. Food is served when ready rather than waiting for all meals on the table to be ready and serving at the same time which means it is always hot. Some people may not like this but if you are not eating yet you can still talk or drink. Food is very good and the curry is particularly good.

United Kingdom
“First time! And we love it!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We wanted to go out just on a spare of the moment thing, as you do. And realising we always walk past Wagamama and have never been in. We wanted to give it a try!

We walked in and it's such a lovely 'riff raff' atmosphere.
So when we sat down, we were given a menu and they took our drinks order. We ordered two cokes and they write on a table mat to let the other waiters/ waitresses know what you have ordered and as being a waitress my self. I think that s such a cool idea!
For starter we had duck dumplings and ribs, it was soo good! My other half is a brilliant top trained chef and he was blown away!
From main we had that noodle soup, I had chicken and my other half had pork! It was amazing. So full of flavour.

The only thing I will say, is if you plan to do a coursed meal, with starters etc. order all at the same time as your main, as your food just comes when it's been cooked and is ready!

Such a lovely place, amazing food! and we are going back tonight to celebrate my new job!

• Visited January 2013