“An exciting way to spend a few hours!!”

Airkix Indoor Skydiving Basingstoke
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Basingstoke is the latest Airkix location and features 4 great activities.Pride of place is another 14ft (4.3m) diameter, super-smooth, super-fast wind tunnel for indoor skydiving. Set off from that and also overlooked by our new mezzanine viewing gallery are two Skiplex Ski slopes where anyone at any level from complete novice upwards can learn to ski or board. It's the fastest and most rewarding way to learn whether you want to just try it out or sign up for a course.Brushboarding - 'surfing without the wet stuff' - is instantly gratifying, huge fun, a great work-out and very cheap to try. Our latest addition is the Freedom Climber - a revolutionary rotating climbing wall that all ages will love to get to grips with.Add to this our party rooms and you have the perfect venue to try things you only dreamed of.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed February 19, 2014

If you've ever fancied having a go at indoor skydiving then I would thoroughly recommend it.
The facility at Basingstoke is very easy to find, located within the existing leisure park.
The pre-flight training is very clear, although I was still a little nervous as my turn approached, but the staff are excellent at instruction and any feelings of nerves soon turned into one of exhilaration. The experience has affected me more than I thought it would as nearly a week has passed since i did my flight and i'm still smiling! The sessions are run in small groups, comprising all ages, shapes and sizes (yes, really anyone can do it!). All safety equipment is provided so you don't really need to bring anything other than some lace up trainers (as recommended in the information). Observers might like to bring a camera to capture any moments missed by the automatic one installed in the tunnel although a video of the session is also available for purchase. Most importantly, relax and enjoy the experience. Be warned though.......it will leave you wanting more! :-)

1  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Indoor skydiving can seriously affect your future. Especially when your other half decides to pop the question whilst hovering 5 foot or so above the ground!! Awesome day. The skydiving was awesome. The conspiratorial staff were amazing. I would say we would do it all again....but guess we will leave it at just the flying next time! A great experience and fully recommend Airkix to anyone :)

1  Thank Jessica K
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

An enjoyable, memorable and exciting indoor skydive experience. From start to finish I found the staff and venue to be exceptional. Airkix is a very clean, modern, professional outfit who clearly know what they are doing. The briefing and instructor were spot on and we felt very comfortable despite being so far from our comfort zone. The skydive experience was great and I would highly recommend to any thrill seeker or simply for a fun birthday treat.

2  Thank carlversuslife
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Having been unsure of whether I would be willing to do a sky-dive, this was a great starting point. It was brilliant! The preamble was concise and clear, and although the times do not seem very long, the initial go literally takes your breath away, so a great chance to see if it is for you. I have the video and all you can see is me smiling! I'd definitely go again.

2  Thank Gail A
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I was quite concerned doing this as I am afraid of heights but I need not have been. The instructor was amazing-we watched a safety video first then got kitted out in a jumpsuit, helmet and goggles. Make sure you wear laced-up shoes.
What a fantastic unforgettable experience and getting a DVD of our flights afterwards was awesome. I have already wholeheartedly recommended this place to my friends and colleagues

1  Thank Ambler-London2