It is axiomatic that old hotel chains need to evolve lest they become hospitality dinosaurs. The issue is how. Clearly, this is a conudrum which has befallen the Basingstoke Premier Inn, the answer to which has so far eluded the men in suits who run this establishment.
Now my taste in hotels may date back to the days before I was born, but my expectations as to the quality of such places and the services they offer is totally au courant. I regret to say that this establishment's approach to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment to their patrons is unimaginative and moribund. My propitious suggestion for instance, which I made to a number of the cleaning staff, that they ought to spend more time cleaning the windows and other surfaces was met with a most miserly response. It was almost as if they thought I was being deliberately outré.
I sought to counter thissought to counter this problem by opting for a jauntily jocose tone when complaining to the manager, but he too seemed bewildered by the surfeit of complaints I leveled at him. I can only conclude that the majority of the employees were utterly feckless, and seemed totally disinclined to respond to my complaints regarding the lack of flat screen televisions and the size of the bathroom at my disposal.
Worst of all, and I feel it would be far from nugatory to elide this detail, the majority of the other partons at the hotel can only be described as utterly Gubby, By which I mean, not only are the majority of the other persons staying at the hotel devoid of any chrysostomatic ability, but they are positively noisome. You may think that I am being orotund, but I am not. Avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The holiday starts when you step through the door at Premier Inn Hotel Basingstoke West (Churchill Way). Set in Basingstoke Leisure Park, with an ice rink and swimming pool just a stroll away, you'll be well placed to keep the whole family entertained. And if you're here to work, we're close to key destinations like Chineham Business Park, too. Plan a big adventure at Legoland. Step back in time at Milestones Museum. Then bowl a strike and catch a movie at Basingstoke Leisure Park. After a busy day, unwind with a tasty meal in our restaurant, and kick back in your spacious room and extra-comfy bed. Directions: 2 miles from M3(J6), following signs for Leisure Park. Next to the Spruce Goose Beefeater. Transport and local information: Basingstoke Leisure Park Anvil Theatre Basingstoke Golf Course Basingstoke Train Station 1 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Basingstoke West (Churchill Way) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Basingstoke Central Hotel Basingstoke
- Premier Inn Basingstoke West (Churchill Way) Hotel Hampshire