“Family Reunion”

Ranked #7 of 12 Basingstoke B&B and Inns
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a very pleasant experience, hotel in good location ,easy to find, nice rooms, good breakfasts, lots of choice, owner very welcoming and obliging, nothing too much trouble, would recommend to friends, only stayed two nights due to family commitments, but would book again if going to Basingstoke. VALUE FOR MONEY

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ROBERT B

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Found the hotel very nice.we only stay for the wk end.no other people were staying at the hotel so we was able to come and go freely.breakfast was nice and a big selection choice.boein

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Boein
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have not stayed in a B&B for many years, as a result I have become extremely accustomed to hotels and as the lower end of the hotel market has transformed in to glorified cerial boxes with a eastern european styled reception, I have have unfortunately gone with the flow, stuck with the trend and made the best of a sleeping place that barely ticks the boxes of comfort.

Most of my trips are business based and by pure chance last week (i.e no hotel rooms available) my employers booked me a room for a night at the Basingstoke Lodge which is a new and very modern B&B located just outside the centre of Basingstoke.

I cannot express enough how pleasantly surprised and indeed impressed I was with this establishment. Frankly, all my pre-conceptions of a B&B have been blown away. We were greeted by one of the most friendly gentlemen that I have ever met. The whole place is very modern, extremely clean and well set out. Our room was of better quality than anywhere I have ever stayed in the area. In the morning, we joined other guests for breakfast and I can honestly say that I felt like I was getting 5 star hotel service levels. The Food was fantastic.

We arrived late and had to leave early, but would have gladly stayed for a week. I guess that you can tell how impressed I am with this place so enough said. I'm not related to the owners and I've not been bribed lol. Seriously, I can only say, go stay there and you'll see what i'm ranting about.

For the record I have never bothered to submit a review of anywhere I have stayed in the last 20 years and I will even go as far to say that you are welcome to contact me directly if you want to discuss my comments (my email is: vincecb1@hotmail.com). Please feel free.

Anyway, it is where I'll be staying when I next visit Basingstoke :-)

All the best