Holiday Inn Basingstoke
$111
Hotels.com
$129
$58
Crowne Plaza Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
$83
$198
$157
$72
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Basingstoke Town Centre Hotel(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
$76
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
All reviewsexecutive roombranded hotelpetrol stationfree drink at the barchocolate barfreshly cooked itemsevening meal servicecold cuts and cheeseartisan breada large free car parktom tomhassle freebit datedlarge tvpoached eggssat navground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed one night in room 113 on a Rewards rate so it was free but no breakfast included in June 2013.

The room was a standard Holiday Inn with a mini bar but BBC1 did not work properly and the toilet roll holder was on the floor.

Booked this to see Nigel Kennedy at the Anvil but walked out halfway through as his performance was more of a karaoke performance than a serious classical piece, I managed to force them to refund my ticket price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
admin55, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear GasFromSomerset
Thank you for taking the time to leave feeback regarding your stay with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed for 1 night as an overnight stop for a business trip. My booking was a bit last minute so I was happy to accept what I could get and ended up in a disabled room, but at a very good price. I’m quite happy with a disabled room – I just get paranoid that I will accidentally pull an emergency cord! However. given that I seemed to be limited in my choice of room, I had expected the hotel to be full, but found the car park virtually empty when I arrived (about 7pm). It clearly filled up a little as the evening progressed but unless a few coaches had turned up in the night, it looked very far from full, so I’m a bit confused as to why the room choice was so restricted.

The exterior reception for this hotel is a bit underwhelming, but once inside you are in familiar territory: Neat and tidy and fairly welcoming if a little formulaic. Layout was a little confusing at first – as you enter the hotel, the bar is the first thing you see – reception is behind you.

Reception had complimentary cold drinks available which was a nice touch. The receptionist was friendly and efficient and I was soon in my room which was again – pretty much what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. Reasonable size, clean, tidy and quite well equipped.

If I was being picky, there were a couple of hints that the rooms might be in need of a bit of a refresh. For example, the room I occupied clearly had a fridge/mini-bar at one point in time. Although no longer present, the wooden carcass that once housed it was still there – a curious, odd empty box with no door. Also, the air conditioning in the room worked quite well but was very noisy. But overall I have no real complaints about the room.

I didn’t try breakfast or dinner in the hotel so can’t comment on the quality of the food or restaurant service.

WiFi was free (at least to IHG Rewards scheme members) but painfully slow at times. They do offer a premium service for a sizeable fee but I declined to try this. One down side that might be worth mentioning (although I assume it is not the hotel’s fault): mobile reception was awful. Nothing at all on the ‘Three’ network and one very intermittent ‘bar’ on O2, making phone calls very challenging. Obviously I can’t comment on whether this is a hotel wide problem or just an issue with my room (which was on the ground floor near reception).

Checkout, like check-in, was efficient and friendly. Would be happy to use the hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
admin55, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear JPGDean
Thank you for leaving us your comments on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Basinghstoke.
We appreciate receiving your positive remarks and we would advise you that where necessary all other feedback will be passed onto the relevant department.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We preboked months in advance and got a great deal at £45 a double room
Restaurant food was excellent which was just as well because there was nowhere else within walking distance
Room comfy and quiet with good shower
The only negative is three beers and a glass of wine cost £20 (the glass of wine was £8!)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear AndyB1250
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is the second time we have been to this hotel and this time we payed extra to havean executive room.It was spotlessly clean with lots of great features and aminities.The draw backwas it was too small.When my wife sat at the desk,it was impossible to get between the chair and the end of the bed.There seemed to be lots of space but no room,if that makes sence.The staff were superb

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephenb
Your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us are appreciated.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed here several times on business. The hotel is quite comfortable although some of the rooms are being refurbished at the moment. The new ones are great - the old ones not so it is a bit of pot luck. There is no gym but you can run in the Festival Park. Rooms have air conditioning - a rarity in Basingstoke. Breakfast is good standard fare. I have not used the bar or had dinner but both looked good to me. It is an easy walk into the centre of Basingstoke which is good at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Book the executive room if you want to be sure that you get a refurbished room. Breakfast is £10 if booked at check in - £15 if you just show up in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
admin55, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Sam S
Thank you for the comments you left regarding your recent stay with us, we do appreciate your feedback. Maybe on your next visit to us you will get to try our restaurant and bar.